Can i tone my body by jogging?

blaa_kriger said:
eat healthy...you can lose alot of weight with the right diet.
i'm one of those lucky people...no matter how much junk i eat, i never gain any weight i'm 6'2 142 lb haha

Watch out for a strong wind...

6'2 225

Tiger Balm said:
On the other hand when body becomes efficient at jogging it also learns how to burn more compared to carbohydrates. I would say long jogs are better for losing weight than interval training.

Then you would be wrong.

I prefer using a stationary bike, but jogging is just as good. As you can see from the above though, jogging everyday puts more and more stress on your knees which can be very bad in the future. I don't recommend high impact cardio, there's always a higher risk of injury.

Since you have this in two forums, I guess Ill post in this one too:

I think if you do sprints you will have a better overall result then just jogging a set distance 3x a week. Sprints in the morning on an empty stomach , first thing when you get up can have amazing results on your physique. However, make sure your diet and weight training or exercising is also included in your routine, otherwise you will lose muscle mass - and that is a big no no. You can also mix up slow pace joggs and sprints to confuse your body (a system known as HIIT) which is something to the extent of like 3 mins slow pace, 1 min fast, 3 min slow, 30 second sprint, 1 min fast, 4 slow, etc. Someone with more experience in HIIT might give you a better answer though, because my exp in that field is limited. BTW, Ive heard the eliptical machines do wonder for toning the body overall. Good luck!

Wawin said:
Jogging is wicked. Make sure you jog for at least 20 mins though. If you can jogg 40 mins 5 times a

week you will see results in a month for sure. You also have to watch some of the shit you are

eating too. Put down the chips and beer and go for the chicken breasts and fruit!

Put down the beer? What, are you nuts?

If you want a six pack its a combination of exersice, proper diet and genetics.

eat right, thats the most important,
trust me, i eat wrong, but can run long and fast(i run 3-4 times a week, sometimes everday), though looking at my physique you wouldn't believe it.

For me it was jogging, jogging and jogging. My weight class was in that I had to lose 20 kg. This is easily possible in less than two months, however you have to be careful that you dont lose too much of your power in the end. so i recommend to mix an end of your jogging runs with sprinting and boxing intervals. I am not so much of a weight lifter, i try to use head, technique and speed more than sheer power ( I aint saying i am very good but it works for me to be able to live with the results).
I admit, I only do Muay Thay nowadays and definitely not in the heavyweight, so this might not work out for you at all....

But jogging - its great and can be done almost anywhere everytime.

To lose that gut you need to burn more calories then you consume every day. Start checking the nutrition values on everything you eat and writing them all down. Your basic metabolic rate for your body weight is about 1560, that is 1560 calories to maintain your bodywieght with no excercise at all. This equates to 223 calories every 3 hours.
To get a six pack you need to build up the ab muscle with progressive resistance training, and lose the layer of fat that is covering it. I have a great guide to building muscle if anyone wants it PM me.

Eat less fatty food, drink more water, dont drink beer and that will do it. Im on a similiar mission but I like drinking and eating too much and you dont loose any weight without a good diet.

I'm not a huge fan of jogging, it's horror on the knees. If you can, go to a gym and get on a cycle.

ive been hustling and struggling since last year when i weighed 235 lbs. , now i weigh 190lbs.

i did alot of running , weight lifting , and better eating . but i am still a lil bit overweight for my height which is an even 6 feet.

i need to lose that waist fat (tummy and love handles) but i have a really bad metabolism.....i already eat right , lots of protein like chicken breasts , tuna fish , turkey , only wheat bread , alot of fruit , etc....but i cant seem to get rid of those last 10 lbs...can anyone help me?

thanks

Some of my bodybuilder friends told me to get more defined to do this running routine. It's very short but very difficult. Start at four minutes. Go jog for one minute then sprint as fast as you possibly can. When I say as fast as you possibly can I mean as if you are being chased by an axe murder or Fedor or something. Almost as if you are about to die. Do the sprint for 30 seconds then go back to jogging for a minute, then another sprint for 30. This does work also. I have done it and it helped me lose 40 pounds. Just increase the time you do it for about 30 seconds every week or few days. Good luck.

Haha ya Asso knows whats up. One minute before me.

AnArki said:
Some of my bodybuilder friends told me to get more defined to do this running routine. It's very short but very difficult. Start at four minutes. Go jog for one minute then sprint as fast as you possibly can. When I say as fast as you possibly can I mean as if you are being chased by an axe murder or Fedor or something. Almost as if you are about to die. Do the sprint for 30 seconds then go back to jogging for a minute, then another sprint for 30. This does work also. I have done it and it helped me lose 40 pounds. Just increase the time you do it for about 30 seconds every week or few days. Good luck.

HIIT

RapidKnee said:
ive been hustling and struggling since last year when i weighed 235 lbs. , now i weigh 190lbs.

i did alot of running , weight lifting , and better eating . but i am still a lil bit overweight for my height which is an even 6 feet.

i need to lose that waist fat (tummy and love handles) but i have a really bad metabolism.....i already eat right , lots of protein like chicken breasts , tuna fish , turkey , only wheat bread , alot of fruit , etc....but i cant seem to get rid of those last 10 lbs...can anyone help me?

thanks

The last 10 lbs are the killer.

If you find that you're burning out or can't go any further, you're probably making a nutritional mistake somewhere, or you might be overtraining. You may not think it could be these things, but you could be surprised. Your body has to find a perfect balance of proper nutrition, as well as the proper workout. What works for someone else, may not work the same for you. Many people think they know whats healthy, but if you ask them about things like fatty acids, the importance of fiber, or how bad cold cuts are for you, they draw a blank.
I think you should just keep experimenting with new techniques and reasearch nutrition more and you'll eventually be able to crash through that final barrier.

jump on a rowing machine for twenty minutes and try to keep your five hundred meter split under 2:00 minutes. 20 minutes x 3 on an erg with a good split is a killer cardio work out.

HedsIc said:
I run 4 miles in the morning before work and then i run for 2 hours at 7:30 at night..I've been out since thursday though becasue i was jogging and out of no where i stepped down and my knee just hurt like hell, now I have sever pain just walking like a little under my knee cap on the inside of my leg. still dunno what caused that or whats happening but oh well. But yeah Jogging is the great for Cardio and trimmin and slimming down, Just don't neglect your body of lifting either wich alot of people do becasue you want to bulk up while slimming the fat that way you look tighter

Damn bro..go see a doctor...all that running could have caused some ligament damage.

To the originial poster, if you have access to a gym go run a elliptical machine. Less pounding on the knees.

Back