Can I see a gif of a single time Khabib was rocked/hurt/stopped in MMA?

Realistically, every fighter has or will be rocked. I don’t think it means much.

If a trained fighter land flush, it’s going to hurt.

His defense is phenomenal. He hasn’t fought many great strikers, though. Especially strikers that can tag you backing up. We’ll see what happens.

Partially blocked kicked from barboza. Had it been clean. khabib would’ve been KTFO.
I think Conor is the best striker Khabib has ever faced, no doubt, but as I said as a fight fan/Khabib fan I'm much more worried about fighters with good enough tdd to stay standing with Khabib and I don't think that's Conor.

I think he's going to eat Conor for lunch.

His defense is phenomenal. He hasn’t fought many great strikers, though. Especially strikers that can tag you backing up. We’ll see what happens.

Partially blocked kicked from barboza. Had it been clean. khabib would’ve been KTFO.
MJ has fast and powerful hands. He KOed Dustin inside one round

MJ has fast and powerful hands. He KOed Dustin inside one round
This is also an interesting point.

I think Conor is a better striker than MJ but let's be real, Nate Diaz legitimately rocked Conor on the feet, it's very much within the realm of possibility that MJ could knock Conor out if he was having a good night, or beat Nate standing in a rematch.

Anyone who thinks it’s an easy fight for either fighter based on style is a fool and biased hater even if it ends up being a first round ko for Conor or 5 round ask whooping on Conor. U guys need to shut the fuck up and let the universe unfold itself lol

It would sure be a lot of fun around here if that happened.

Because it certainly didn't happen here.

Statistically speaking, Khabib's striking defense is great for the most part because he has mastered the art of standing out of effective striking range, while effectively closing the distance to implement his wrestling and grappling game.

The toughest style of matchup for a guy like Khabib, an elite wrestler grappler, would be someone with elite tdd, great grappling, superior cardio and superior striking. Conor only has one of these attributes.

The toughest style of matchup for a fighter a guy like Conor, an elite striker, is somebody who can effectively avoid damaging striking exchanges, with superior tdd's/wrestling/grappling and cardio. Khabib has all of these attributes.

Notice how Khabib absolutely destroyed strikers like Johnson and Barboza, but had a tougher time with more well rounded fighters with TDD like Tibeau and Iaquinta?

I know there are a lot of Conor fans in here who are trying to change the narrative, but let's not get it twisted, punchers chance aside, conventional MMA wisdom has taught us that Khabib is the favorite for a reason, and that his style is a nightmare for Conor.

Khabib stays completely stationary. A complete novice boxer would have tagged him, much less Conor. His striking defense is not good. His entries are laughable. He's probably the best fighter in the world once he gets a hold of you, and probably the worst when he doesn't.

Khabib stays completely stationary. A complete novice boxer would have tagged him, much less Conor. His striking defense is not good. His entries are laughable. He's probably the best fighter in the world once he gets a hold of you, and probably the worse when he doesn't.
You're saying he stays stationary when quoting a post demonstrating him rolling with or blocking every punch.

He's striking defense is so bad that nobodies ever got to him. Worst in the world? Does not compute.

You're saying he stays stationary when quoting a post demonstrating him rolling with or blocking every punch.

He's striking defense is so bad that nobodies ever got to him. Worst in the world? Does not compute.

Michael is moving straight forward winging hooks. It takes virtually no skill to not get hit by that.

And yes, Khabib is staying completely stationary. Just because he's jerking his head slowly back and forth that would lead to a VIOLENT counter by a competent boxer doesn't mean he's moving. His feet are still in a straight line. He's not a good striker. Get over it.

This myth was created and propagated by Rogan, who thinks that someone eating a flush punch equates to "getting hurt".

I can't remember the last fight I watched without having the volume muted, because Rogan's commentary is unbearable; anytime someone eats a clean punch they're automatically deemed as "hurt" or "rocked" by Rogan, he's embarrassingly bad.

Since when did "Top 3" replace "Top 5"? It's because if you had asked for a top 5 opponent you'd get an easy answer:
hqdefault.jpg

10203745.jpg

Meanwhile, McGregor went 1-1 with this guy (and his win could be argued as a Draw) to get a Lightweight title shot:
maxresdefault.jpg

First off, remember these are your pics and stats that you are judging by :
Now ima help you read....
Nate Diaz says ranked fifth and it also stated 170lb, that's not lw, that's ww.

Secondly, he didn't beat him to earn the shot, the shot at lw was back after beating mendes and aldo back to back by ko but rda pulled out causing a last minute 170lb (again, that's welterweight not lightweight) fight.

Michael is moving straight forward winging hooks. It takes virtually no skill to not get hit by that.

And yes, Khabib is staying completely stationary. Just because he's jerking his head back and forth that would leave to a VIOLENT counter by a competent boxer doesn't mean he's moving. His feet are still in a straight line. He's not a good striker. Get over it.
This doesn't even make sense. You're basically saying, "He's using head movement but remaining completely stationary". You don't need to move your feet to implement head movement.

The only thing that can stop Khabib is being scheduled to fight Tony Ferguson.

Anyone who thinks it’s an easy fight for either fighter based on style is a fool and biased hater even if it ends up being a first round ko for Conor or 5 round ask whooping on Conor. U guys need to shut the fuck up and let the universe unfold itself lol
60/40 in Khabibs favor. Better cardio and dangerous on the mat. He seems to block well too

This doesn't even make sense. You're basically saying, "He's using head movement but remaining completely stationary". You don't need to move your feet to implement head movement.

He should've used his feet. He can't though. He's not good enough. His jerky head movement isn't impressive.

You're virtually saying Khabib having poor technique is ok. Maybe it was for fighting against incompetent strikers. It won't be fighting against a competent striker. That's the point.

I don't like Conor either but this is a dumb thing to point out. Aldo hadn't really been hurt before Conor put his lights out with one shot. Just because Khabib hasn't been in trouble in a fight yet doesn't mean he can't be put in trouble.

He should've used his feet. He can't though. He's not good enough. His jerky head movement isn't impressive.

You're virtually saying Khabib having poor technique is ok. Maybe it was for fighting against incompetent strikers. It won't be fighting against a competent striker. That's the point.
You sound like a Conor jockstrap rider more than a fight fan.

"He should have moved his feet while using head movement"

"His entries are laughable" (stolen directly from a Conor quote)

I don't like Conor either but this is a dumb thing to point out. Aldo hadn't really been hurt before Conor put his lights out with one shot. Just because Khabib hasn't been in trouble in a fight yet doesn't mean he can't be put in trouble.
Nobody is saying that Conor doesn't have a punchers chance.

I'm not.

But Aldo is a midget and for the most part a striker. His path to victory against Conor would be to win a striking war.

Khabib is not only a beast on the ground and with takedowns, but he's also extremely good at avoiding damage on the feet which is a greatly underestimated facet of his game. The point of this thread.

This myth was created and propagated by Rogan, who thinks that someone eating a flush punch equates to "getting hurt".

I can't remember the last fight I watched without having the volume muted, because Rogan's commentary is unbearable; anytime someone eats a clean punch they're automatically deemed as "hurt" or "rocked" by Rogan, he's embarrassingly bad.

Since when did "Top 3" replace "Top 5"? It's because if you had asked for a top 5 opponent you'd get an easy answer:
hqdefault.jpg

10203745.jpg

Meanwhile, McGregor went 1-1 with this guy (and his win could be argued as a Draw) to get a Lightweight title shot:
maxresdefault.jpg

Leading into their first fight, Nathan Diaz had been 8-8 in his last 16 fights and and had been unranked for months. The UFC gifted him a top 10 ranking in order to try to sell the fight.

MJ hurt Khabib twice in their fight one the wild combo and two this knee
Barbozas head kick also got him pretty good(but to Khabibs credit he still went forward, great poker face)
aDhRdj.gif

Cant find a gif of it, but it got him.

wire-1989854-1514705858-575_634x728.jpg

Last edited:
Back