can i make a shoutout to how good a fighter Povetkin is

Of course size matters, but not the way Loma Lovers are trying to spin it.
This forum looks is designed for ppl that hate boxer if he is not from U.S

Lopez said it himself, the guy is just too small and too old. That's not some lame excuse Loma fans are making, it came right from the horse's mouth before we even got the fight.
If Lopze told this before fight, it matters something.
And nope, I do not have time to read post fight talks from loma or lopze.
Lopez defeated him, for me looks that I had scored rounds 7 vs 5. Lopez UD.

Last edited:
Lopez seeming less skillful
boxing skills yes.
Gameplan? No, it was good, to go outbox Loma and make him think that his goal is to go for stoppage win.
So in some elements Lopez does have high IQ. He fooled Loma. 6 rounds and then it was too late for Loma to change game.

The size disparity was known pre-fight but seeing its effects in the ring is a different story. Lopez said it himself, the guy is just too small and too old. That's not some lame excuse Loma fans are making, it came right from the horse's mouth before we even got the fight. What adjustments did you see Lopez make in there that are significant? I'll tell you the ones he couldn't make that cost him the majority of the second half of the fight. He wasn't tired at the start of the second half which is conveniently when Loma came on strong. That's a false narrative altogether. He was being drained from the straight lefts to the body because he was getting broken down by Loma in a hurry as he was trying to play catch up.
Are you aware of what Lopez said after the fight? If you want to go by Lopez's word shouldn't what he said after the fight matter the most? Where he said he's better and he expected more skill from Lopez. Otherwise its just bringing up something and not following through with consistent deciding factor for the logic.
Lopez was able to foot counter and cut off Loma's lead whenever he tried to engage. Then launch effective offense or make Loma miss and counter.
Sure Loma was the fresher, faster fighter at the end of the fight. I think that was do to Lopez doing significantly more work and neutralizing/shutting down Loma. So Loma had a lot left in his tank. I think once Loma realized he can get inside a little more due to the degradation in speed in power from Lopez, Loma thrived. He fed off that and continued to drain Lopez more. Lopez's father told him some great adjustments i.e. as simple as just pushing Loma off when he tried to play the turn game and angle game on the inside. It worked... Then the clear adjustment was in the 12th where Lopez did some damage to Loma and won the round according to most.

Not a Loma hater, but we have weight limits, not:

Size limits
Reach limits
Height limits
Etc

Loma didnt get tricked into 135, he had 3 goddamn belts he snatched off titlists in strong fashion. He was established at 135. Both fighters made weight, and Loma came up short. Of course size matters, but not the way Loma Lovers are trying to spin it. They're mad the better physical specimen won, dont get it mixed up. Welcome to boxing
Better yet, welcome to combat sports altogether...
Actually, welcome to sports in general.

:cool:

my point, and previous post is about povetkin, not loma. As per the thread title
I’m currently avoiding any thread that has Loma in the title, for at least another week or 2

my point, and previous post is about povetkin, not loma. As per the thread title
I’m currently avoiding any thread that has Loma in the title, for at least another week or 2
Oh, my bad. I should have done same, I feel like I'm getting pranked

Man, this is relieving.
this is silly though since the stuff Povetkin was on was essentially legal until January 2016..... it was controversail which is why Wilder lost to him in court

this is silly though since the stuff Povetkin was on was essentially legal until January 2016..... it was controversail which is why Wilder lost to him in court

Things that were legal happen not to be.

Things that were legal happen not to be.
sure when it became illegal and he was still on it, you can say it's "cheating" but i remember the case being controversial which is why Povetkin won in court against Wilder

Back