Can I hang a 100lb bag INSIDE my house?

• Thread starter Deleted member 56619
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56619

So I may be moving into a house. There is no basement, however there is an extra bedroom. Do you think it would be ok to hang a 100lb bag in there? Or would drywall start breaking off the walls/ceiling?

Sorry if this has been covered, I didn't see anything about hanging inside a bedroom.

It's going to be hard without overhead beams. You'll probably end up fucking up the walls/ceiling.

Even with a stud finder, the thing is there probably won't be a beam on the ceiling - a lot of houses have a dropped ceiling and the beams are a foot or two above the drywall

FOR SURE it'll rip out if you just screw it into the drywall - drywall can't even hold like 10 pounds much less a 100lb bag that you're punching and kicking at full force. Even with a beam you usually can't hang the bag off just screwing a holder vertically - I've been there done that with a 1/2" bolt and it still ripped out.

Thanks ambertch. I knew I couldnt hang it from the drywall, but was hoping there would be a beam I could hang it from. It's my friends parents own the housel, so I wouldnt want to fuck anything up in it.

might need to invest in one of these

Cornerman (TM) at Century Martial Arts

15162-LG.JPG

I've been wanting to buy one but can't get them in Australia.

Is there a garage or anything of that sort?

No garage. I gotta check the place out, but I may be able to hang it on the back porch. Hopefully I can come up with something.

That Century unit actually looks pretty good, since the bag hangs so far away from the stand. Most bag stands I wouldnt even consider, but this looks decent. I'd rather not spend $400 on one but who knows.

I have bag stand in the garage, work fine, it a pretty thick bag stand, I use an 80 lb bag but I gonna be upgrading to 100, invest in a bag stand if you can't hang a bag anywhere.

i got a 80 pound bag hanging on three hooks off a cross beam in my room...its just two or three 2 x X's going across my ceiling works pretty good for me

Outdoor tree? If you have some acess to a tree if not build a ftame out of 4x4's

This is awesome. Fan-fucking-tastic actually. The drywall/plaster never started falling off of the walls or ceiling of your apartment? If not, I think this is the winner right here.

Nope, no drywall problems or anything and I had it up for like a year or so. Just make sure you get the spring; it helps a lot to dampen the force of the bag swinging around.

Of course, when you take it down you'll have to patch up the walls, but I'm sure you know that already :)

Of course, when you take it down you'll have to patch up the walls, but I'm sure you know that already :)

Thansk vjvj. Yeah, I guess using white toothpaste to cover up small holes in the wall like I usually do won't work so well with ones of this size heh.

Back