Can Hyun Gyu Lim still be a top 10 WW?

He looked like he had potential but one shouldn't cut that much weight. He should move to Middleweight.

We will have to see if he's still a WW after the IV ban.

I would like to see him at MW or even LHW. The guy is just massive, even Dong Hyun Kim is smaller. Pretty sure he's 200-205 between fights.

I like watching the guy fight, but he makes a lot of bad decisions and seems unable to follow a game plan. I hope to see him move up a weight class in the future. I don't know if he's done his 2 year minimum yet, but if he hasn't, that would be a good time to official change weight classes.

I think he'll do alot better at 185. He'd still be above average size for the division, and I would have to imagine his cardio would benefit if he didn't have to cut so much weight. Also, MW is not nearly as deep as WW, so he'd be able to string some wins together while still fighter name opponents.

I think he is much better than he showed in his last fight. Everyone has bad performances sometimes. That fight was in the philippines and he was weakened by the tropical climate. He will be back.

Sea-level Cain, step aside for a new sheriff in town: Temperate-climate Lim. :cool:

climate.png

I believe he can, if he just cleans his technique up a bit and improves his cardio.

Dude definitely has the raw talent!

I think he'll do alot better at 185. He'd still be above average size for the division, and I would have to imagine his cardio would benefit if he didn't have to cut so much weight. Also, MW is not nearly as deep as WW, so he'd be able to string some wins together while still fighter name opponents.

I agree. Guy is 6 foot 3, reach of 79 inches and weighed close to 200 pounds fight night as a WW when he fought Saffiedine. He would not be a small MW. With the IV ban, i see him moving to 185 pounds. No way in hell he makes 170 pounds now, and the guy gasses quickly because of the huge weight he cuts. He should move to MW.

naw hes too slow and clumsy like bigfoot, he can beat a few guys, but the athletes will always be faster and more explosive. For Koreans, Denis Kang should have been at ww, he would have done much better than that guy

I agree. Guy is 6 foot 3, reach of 79 inches and weighed close to 200 pounds fight night as a WW when he fought Saffiedine. He would not be a small MW. With the IV ban, i see him moving to 185 pounds. No way in hell he makes 170 pounds now, and the guy gasses quickly because of the huge weight he cuts. He should move to MW.

He has no significant advantage at MW and would get starched by anyone of these guys:

1 Luke Rockhold
2 Jacare Souza
3 Yoel Romero
4 Vitor Belfort
5 Lyoto Machida
6 Gegard Mousasi

7 Tim Kennedy
8 Michael Bisping
9 Thales Leites
10 CB Dollaway
11 Dan Henderson

Back