Can HW division rise back to the top position?

Not bad as everybody think.Alistair,Stipe,Werdum,JDS,Cain,Big Ben,Josh,Hunt,maybe Fedor,Black beast,..Just few more from other Euro/Russian organizations would be ok.Problem is-they fight every fuckin' 3 years

I wouldn't worry about it. Stars are gonna come and go in every weight class. Just ride the waves.

How can you not be excited about Francis Ngannou?

tumblr_m6244xUHXm1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

USADA will be the last nail in the coffin of the HW division.

Just let it go take the long walk.

I hope Stipe can hold the belt and set a record for defences. There are many top fighters there. And slowly newer younger talent is being added.

But Zuffa kind of ignored recruiting in the HW division, so to speak. But it's turning around and looks okay moving forward.

Stipe by KO/TKO in round 1.

I was wondering after the success Ronda had if the UFC would more actively pursue Olympic medalists in combat sports after Rio, especially for a division like HW where new blood is so hard to come by.

Nope. As sports evolve so do the participants. In all of the other major sports players have all gotten taller, bigger, and more athletic. That wont be the case in the UFC. Fighters will continue to get more athletic but will also continue to get smaller as well.

In five years the following HWs will be retired:

Arvloski
Mir
Barnett
Bigfoot
Hunt
Nelson
JDS
Overeem
Rothwell
Werdum

That leaves Miocic, maybe Cain if he can find a way to stay healthy, maybe Struve if his health issues dont return. Who else? The division just keeps getting older without mixing in any REAL prospects. Cain/Carwin were probably the last real legit prospects that came in and got us all hyped for the future of the division.

The only thing that may save the HW division down the road is...the WWE factor. Big guys who want to make their names bigger crossing over for real fights. Sad to say. Unfortunately most athletes that are HW size are going to choose football or basketball over fighting.

Gotta say, I think Fedor is, without a doubt, the all-time GOT, HW, P4P, whatever. Having said that, his time is done, and he's just collecting some checks. He should not be headlining events or fighting legitimate contenders any more (same with BJ Penn). Let me continue to fight against what amounts to exhibition competition, and collect some money, relatively risk-free, as his reward for such a fine career.

Back