Can Gustafsson beat "100% Jones"?

Yes for sure. I mean, it is kinda lame, ain't it, that a broken toe means the difference between 70 % Jones and 100 % Jones? It's not like in Sonnen vs Silva 1 where Silva's rib was basically floating around in his ribcage.

And so if Gus makes sure his TDD gets better and his cardio gets better, for sure he can. But the cards are gonna be stacked against him as long as he is challenging for the title. I fear he won't actually do it unless he can go a full 5 rounds without getting taken down. As much as the anger over Gus's loss was justified, thing is, like I said before, I knew it was coming unless Gus finished the fight or won a lopsided decision where he did not get taken down even once. Once Jones got that one TD in Round 4, that was it, I knew Gus had to finish it or he was losing the fight.

Well 62% Gus did pretty good against 70% Bones.

I think 100% could handle 100% Bones.

A poll done by one of our mods here on Sherdog came out 2 to 1 favoring Gus as the winner of the fight....I agree with that poll & others made on other FightSites.....so in my mind & millions of others Gus already beat a 100% Jones.....Your question is moot!

I remember when ppl said Gus didnt deserve title shot....good ol sherdog.....

Since Jones publicly stated that he felt only 70% when he edged the controversial decsion against Gustafsson, IF there is a rematch, do you guys think Gustafsson can beat "100% Jones"?

I duno how the rematch will go, but by your logic obviously not since he didn't win the first one at 70%...

He felt sloppy and "off" because of what Gustafsson was doing. Gus is VERY fast for his size and Jones will need to adjust to his hand speed and rely on something besides long range teeps and take downs to dictate pace. This is why he felt off, but to his credit he powered through and still won. Douchey move by Jones for saying this, but I think it's pretty par for the course for him.

but Gus was only 50% for the fight.. .can jones beat a 60% gus when he lost to a 50% gus?

Since Jones publicly stated that he felt only 70% when he edged the controversial decsion against Gustafsson, IF there is a rematch, do you guys think Gustafsson can beat "100% Jones"?

Well if he felt only 70 percent and was able to score 49-46 on Gus, I'd feel sorry for Gus if they had to fight again. Would be the first homicide in the cage. Hopefully Gus brings his A game this time and doesn't dance around laterally for the first 2 rounds.

question is: Can Healthy Shogun beat 100 percent Jones?

He couldn't beat 70% Jones so I doubt he beats 100% Jones.

Gus was only level 55 when they fought. Wait till Gus hits level 99.

better question

can married burkman beat %100 Jones?

Tennis Shoe Tito is the rightful number one contender, Married Burkman beat up Fitchs final form: Washed up Fitch, not his most powerful which is Broke Fitch.

Nobody's ever really 100% for a fight, especially at that level of training.

Gus looked about 68% that night to me, so hes actually a few percent better than Jones- so if they fought again with Jones at 100% then Gus would actually be 102% and he may then get the KO. The facts don't lie

Well if he felt only 70 percent and was able to score 49-46 on Gus, I'd feel sorry for Gus if they had to fight again. Would be the first homicide in the cage. Hopefully Gus brings his A game this time and doesn't dance around laterally for the first 2 rounds.

Obvious troll is obvoius...

Gus only fought at 15%, I think 28% Gus can beat 100% Jones.

Could 100%jones beatMotivated BJ + Healthy Shogun + Old Vitor + First Round J-Lau + Pre-Serra GSP + Broke Fitch + Chuck with that look + Alistair Armstrong+ UFC 1 Royce Gracie+ Fedor in his prime+ pride wandi=Anderson Silva

Back