Can Gustafsson beat "100% Jones"?

Well, if that was 70% Jones, then no. He lost that fight so why would he win against an improved Jones?

should it be,

jon "reach advantage" jones
or
jon "100%" jones

??

I know his reach and height were at less than their normal advantage, 30% less.

Since Jones publicly stated that he felt only 70% when he edged the controversial decsion against Gustafsson, IF there is a rematch, do you guys think Gustafsson can beat "100% Jones"?

of course he can.
will he? we shall see.

why is this even a thread?

injuries happen, and Gus probably was banged up from training going into the fight just as much.

he's shown he can do well against the champ, he gained a lot of fans in doing so.

to try to discredit that with implying that Jones was only 70% going into the fight is stupid. the game is mostly technique and mental strength, so being 70% of your physical peak doesn't affect your overall game as much.

It's just talk trying to hype the inevitable rematch.

should it be,

jon "reach advantage" jones
or
jon "100%" jones

??

ha! didnt' even make that connection.

"hmmm...I felt off in that fight. Something must have been different? Could it be that I didn't have my usual physical advantages in this fight? no, no, no, that would mean I'm not as skilled as I thought I was. It must simply be that I wasn't 100% that night.....Yeah that's what it was."

Jones next walk out song.

[YT]2Foc3ME3fJ0[/YT]

159.gif

What the fuck?! is going on with all this manga shit on Sherdog lately?!

What the fuck?! is going on with all this manga shit on Sherdog lately?!

Okay okay okay...

Will Jedi Knight Gustaffson be able to defeat Sith Lord Jones using 100% of the Force?

Only Serious Silva and Motivated Penn could do such a thing.

Jones is getting knocked out in the rematch.

Gus wasn't sitting down fully on his punches or stringing together combinations like he is capable of because he wanted to be ready to move away in case Jones tries to wrestle or clinch with him. Gus was concerned about Jones possibly getting him to the ground, so he didn't commit too much offensively. He still soundly outboxed Jones for 3.9 rounds and basically rearranged his face in the process though.

More importantly, Gus now knows more about Jones, and that his vaunted, almighty ground game and "creative, unorthodox" striking his fanboys lauded for so long are an outright myth and basically useless against someone of equal size. Gus blocked most of Jones' slapping kicks, and will check even more of them in the rematch. He'll also be more prepared for the spinning elbows. Jones has HORRIBLE boxing. The striking gap was so huge, it was a joke. Jones knew he was badly outmatched standing and was desperate to get Gus down; he just couldn't do it. He's lucky he had idiot judges to help him out.

Gus also showed himself physically stronger than Jones, effortlessly standing up from a Jones TD while dragging Jones' carcass from his butt for about 5 seconds. Jones wasn't able to do jack in the way of damage to Gus the one time he got him down; he couldn't even keep him on the ground. Gus now knows he doesn't have much to fear from Jones on the ground, and will be more willing to fully commit to his punches as a result. He also knows that Jones lacks the power to knock him out standing, and that Jones is not a huge threat to him on the ground, and has extreme difficulty even getting the fight there.

Gus is going to knock Jones out or beat the tar out of him (again, this time even worse) in a rematch. Jones needs a dramatically improved boxing game to have a chance; Gus just needs to continue to improve as he's done in every fight and make a few tactical adjustments to stop the judges from screwing him this time.

Which is more likely? Gus changing up a few things and getting better as he's always done, or Jones developing world-level boxing to be able to compete with Gus inside the next year?

I look forward to the responses from Jones nuthuggers.

he beat 81inch reach gus but can he beat 76 inch reach gus?

Only Serious Silva and Motivated Penn could do such a thing.

Serious Silva has no problem with 100% Jones, but Motivated Penn? He would give 100% Jones a good fight but you'd be crazy to think he would overcome the size difference. I would give Healthy Shogun and Chuck With That Look in his Eye a good chance though. Pride Fedor wipes the floor with 100% Jones, and so does Happily Married Dos Santos.

Not if the referee is on Jones' side and literally changes the outcome of a fight by interfering with a ringside Doctor. McCarthy should be fired.

Jones makes a meme out of himself.

The only fighter to really do that previously was Tito Oti-

He has taken his record, and now he has become him.

Serious Silva has no problem with 100% Jones, but Motivated Penn? He would give 100% Jones a good fight but you'd be crazy to think he would overcome the size difference. I would give Healthy Shogun and Chuck With That Look in his Eye a good chance though. Pride Fedor wipes the floor with 100% Jones, and so does Happily Married Dos Santos.

What about Old Vitor and Tito Without a Cracked Skull?

How does 70% Jones stack up against 100% Jones?

Gustafsson will be better in a rematch too, so he could definitely win.

Back