Can get your tie straight?

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I've always tied my ties the same way, I don't know what it's called but it's the simplest method, wrap the fat end around once, then up through the neck loop and down through the knot. This has always worked fine, but my knot is always a little bit asymmetrical. I never stressed about it that much, thinking that no knot is perfect.

But I've started to pay more attention to other dudes's ties and it feels like everyone's knot is straighter and more symmetrical than mine. And I went to an event recently where everyone's tie looked perfectly symmetrical to the point where I was getting a little self conscious about my crooked knot. (insert penis metaphor here)

Anyhoo, do you guys use any special method or a different knot that comes out better?

tumblr_lfponbCUr71qbka9xo1_400.jpg

To get it straight and the perfect dimple you need to be super careful when you are fighting. After you have placed the end through and are beginning to pull it tight, use your fingers to even things out as you tighten. Just be a little patient with it.

I've always tied my ties the same way, I don't know what it's called but it's the simplest method, wrap the fat end around once, then up through the neck loop and down through the knot. This has always worked fine, but my knot is always a little bit asymmetrical. I never stressed about it that much, thinking that no knot is perfect.

But I've started to pay more attention to other dudes's ties and it feels like everyone's knot is straighter and more symmetrical than mine. And I went to an event recently where everyone's tie looked perfectly symmetrical to the point where I was getting a little self conscious about my crooked knot. (insert penis metaphor here)

Anyhoo, do you guys use any special method or a different knot that comes out better?
Yea it's a bit crooked, but then I sort of force it to be straight and it looks ok

That’s an inherently crooked knot, tie a different knot if it’s bothering you.

Just loop through the other side too before wrapping around and coming down the middle. I'm pretty sure it's a double Windsor, whereas what you're using is a single. I like the way it looks a lot better.

3-17-Full-Windsor-Knot.jpg

"But I've started to pay more attention to other dudes's ties" this is really about penises isnt it..

I need to learn how to tie a tie, tired of asking people to do it for me

Back