Can eating Eggs everyday cause stroke or heart attack?

Savant21

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I've been eating at least 2 eggs everyday for probably about 2 years more or less (I did actually 3 eggs a day for a while). I've heard from my physician a while ago that consuming a large amount of eggs everyday (say like 3 or more) could cause a stroke or heart attack (specifically in people with a history of high cholesterol & blood pressure which my family has a history of).

However I'm a little unsure since this article essentially says there's been no associated risk of stroke or heart attack with consumption of eggs: http://www.bmj.com/content/346/bmj.e8539

Then there's this article from 2008 which stated that "consumption of 7 or more eggs per week was associated with a 23% increased risk of death" http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2386667/ Yikes!

These are the only two articles I've been able to find in regards to the correlation between egg consumption & stroke/heart attack (though none mentioned the patients having a history of high cholesterol or high blood pressure). I also to a degree suffer from anxiety as well unfortunately.

Anyway has there been any more studies on this? I'd like to eat around 4 eggs a day but I wouldn't wanna consume that amount of eggs & risk my health as well.

No. Eat up. This gets brought up once a month.

I literally eat 4 eggs a day, at least 4x a week.
Had some anxiety problems near January and went to cardio doc. I had some.sort of x ray done, it's called something else and similar for pregnancies, had a monitor, and blood work.

fit as a fiddle.

Probably not, but if you're going to do like that poster who made the "only eggs" diet last month (basically eat nothing but eggs--- yes you read that right, eating your daily calories with only eggs and nothing else), than yeah you'd run into some issues.

I myself eat 1 whole egg and 1 cup of liquid egg whites (whatever the 1 cup totals to the number of eggs, who knows, I haven't checked). I don't have a restriction on them, I just like getting my fat macros from other foods.

Do you think there's any merit to his claims or is just vegan propaganda? Personally, I enjoy eggs almost daily.

Do you think there's any merit to his claims or is just vegan propaganda? Personally, I enjoy eggs almost daily.

Haven't watched too in detail, but bear in mind that, that dude's a troll

I've been eating at least 2 eggs everyday for probably about 2 years more or less (I did actually 3 eggs a day for a while). I've heard from my physician a while ago that consuming a large amount of eggs everyday (say like 3 or more) could cause a stroke or heart attack (specifically in people with a history of high cholesterol & blood pressure which my family has a history of).

However I'm a little unsure since this article essentially says there's been no associated risk of stroke or heart attack with consumption of eggs: http://www.bmj.com/content/346/bmj.e8539

Then there's this article from 2008 which stated that "consumption of 7 or more eggs per week was associated with a 23% increased risk of death" http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2386667/ Yikes!

These are the only two articles I've been able to find in regards to the correlation between egg consumption & stroke/heart attack (though none mentioned the patients having a history of high cholesterol or high blood pressure). I also to a degree suffer from anxiety as well unfortunately.

Anyway has there been any more studies on this? I'd like to eat around 4 eggs a day but I wouldn't wanna consume that amount of eggs & risk my health as well.
1 what do you cook your eggs in?
2 anxiety will give you a stroke/heart attack quicker than eggs will

Propaganda. Vegans often like to cherry pick studies to try and prove their point.

Last edited:
Vegan and studies don't generally go well into a sentence.

eggs are fine.
delicious, cheap,high in protein, easy to cook. all good

if u dont smoke, dont do cocaine or other powerfull stimmulants,dont drink, dont have a family history of heart atack and etc dont think twice. eat it as much as you like.

take blood tests once in a while just in case.

done.

The only problem as far as I know or am concerned is the every day part of the equation. I would not consider 2 eggs 3-4 times per week to be excessive but I think any more than that is imposing possible unnecessary risk.

What happens if you breakdown the composition of an egg?

1 large egg:
-egg white - 3 grams protein
-egg yolk - 3 grams protein, 5 grams fat, vitamins, minerals
-carbohydrate in egg - <1 gram
-protein in egg (35% of total calories) - albumin, highest biological value protein source
-fat in egg (65% of total calories) - combination of saturated fat (~30-40%), MUFA (~20%) and PUFA (~40-50%); cage free may have higher omega-3 content. Some more recent studies find that the type of saturated fat in egg specifically does not contribute to increase risk for heart disease.
-sodium in egg - very low (~60 mg)
-cholesterol in egg - high (~180mg) - But does it matter? According to the literature it's well known for a long time that dietary cholesterol does not increase serum cholesterol levels or increase your risk for heart disease.

With that being said what part of the egg (especially eating only 2 daily) would one find that may increase risk for stroke or a heart attack?

Or could it be eggs one may eat daily as part of his/her poor eating habits , on top of having a lot of processed meat, high sodium consumption and overeating as well as already being obese or having unhealthy body composition than yes that person may be at higher risk for stroke or a heart attack. However there are other non-diet related risk factors that are also contributing factors.

Assuming one has decent eating habits in general, 2 eggs daily should not be an issue.

eggs are unhealthy with the exception of when they are consumed with SPAM and rice.

blog.jpg

the high levels of sodium and nitrites counteract the negative effects of cholesterol. this is how pacific islanders sustain such a high bmi while being health as fuck.

Also, consumption of fully cooked yolks shrinks your testicles. runny or bust

negative effects of cholesterol lol

Probably not, but if you're going to do like that poster who made the "only eggs" diet last month (basically eat nothing but eggs--- yes you read that right, eating your daily calories with only eggs and nothing else), than yeah you'd run into some issues.

I myself eat 1 whole egg and 1 cup of liquid egg whites (whatever the 1 cup totals to the number of eggs, who knows, I haven't checked). I don't have a restriction on them, I just like getting my fat macros from other foods.

This is what I do, too. The fat content is high in yolks, but so is the nutritional value.

eggs are unhealthy with the exception of when they are consumed with SPAM and rice.

blog.jpg

I change my mind. THIS ^^^^ ...although I prefer no furikake on my eggs and white rice over brown. Das how!

Eat the eggs, its good for you. Just make sure you remove the yolk before eating.

Back