Can Dustin beat Khabib?

Reaction score
Dustin is well rounded. I thought Max would out strike him badly but Dustin surprised me. Could Dustin also possibly catch Khabib in a Sub?

If being well-rounded was enough, Khabib would have already lost. Poirier is on a great run, but I don't see what he's bringing that Khabib hasn't already seen.

If he tees off on Khabacon the way he did on Max Holloway in the first round, it's nighty-night for the Dagestani neckbeard.

I dont think Poirier, Ferguson or Cerrone can submit fresh Khabib but they all have a chance to stop takedowns in championship rounds and pressure Khabib on the feet. Gaethje is a dark horse, other thsn that Khabib will smash everybody right now. Pettis, Conor or Diaz dont have a wrestling for Khabib.

If he tees off on Khabacon the way he did on Max Holloway in the first round, it's nighty-night for the Dagestani neckbeard.

Or maybe he'll crumple from a glancing punch like he did vs that guy khabib slapped around.

Poirier is more than skill he is a very strong willed fighter. He can come back from the brink to win fights. Khabib may have to show that himself to beat Dustin.

Anyone can win on any given night,

chances are he gets bludgeoned though.

I think Poirier has psychological advantages + stylistic & physical strength advantages that Conor didnt have, and Khabib really only had 1.5 rounds of domination in that 3.5 round fight. Round 1 was pretty much a stalemate, 2 was Khabib, 3 was Conor, 4 was Khabib

Remember that Conor hadnt fought in like 2 years + seemingly became an alcoholic. Khabib's performance wasnt that impressive, and he even had a seizure making weight

Khabib & DC seem to be close, train together, and DC likely knows of weaknesses in Khabib's game. Poirier being DC's hometown guy is likely bothering Khabib a bit. Khabib also quickly chimed in saying that Holloway/Poirier was a draw, and i think its because he wanted that easier win vs Holloway

It wont surprise me if Poirier finishes him in the 1st 3, but im not exactly confident enough to call it

Or maybe he'll crumple from a glancing punch like he did vs that guy khabib slapped around.

Khabacon's performance against Conor was honestly extremely unimpressive considering the fact that Conor really has no grappling to speak of and was coming back from a long layoff. The Irishman held his own for four rounds with no grappling against an "elite" (untested) grappler. Khabib really struggled to do any significant damage. He was exposed in that fight.

Poirier doesn't have the accuracy or the one shot power of Conor, but he has insane forward pressure, killer combinations and inexhaustible cardio. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dagestani comatose on the canvas in the first round.

Porier can beat any LW if it's his night. His boxing improved a lot. His wrestling is good too and his BJJ might be good enough to avoid getting fully punked by Khabib on the ground. He also has the gas tank to go 5 rounds.

Porier has a better chance against Kbabib than Conor does .

I almost feel bad for the bitter Conor fans who have to jump on Poirier's nuts to take some sting off of this savage multiple month beatdown Conor has been taking for his embarrassing loss.

Poirer's wrestling stinks though kiddos. This is the guy that got pinned up the cage by Eddie alvarez like it was Khabib.

You have barely a hope in heaven.

Back