Can Dennis Siver land the Spinning Kick on McGregor?

Double 99

Orange Belt
Reaction score
That would be amusing and I don't see why not.

Looking forward to rthe hype derailment.

I'd have to say absolutely to that. It's one of Siver's hallmark moves. Yet something tells me Conor is going to land that same kick, but first.

Spinning kicks are notoriously difficult to land in general, let alone against good fighters.

Can he? Sure.
Will he? I don't think it's likely.

Conner will probably ko him before he gets to.

Can he? absolutely

Will he? I doubt it

Conor tends to have hands down while stalking the center and getting his timing down. He will need to get his hands up to defend punches of course but I suspect with his hands down style it will be harder for Siver to land that kick.

Siver is all loaded, stalky muscle and goes from a set-up punch to a kick or spinning kick instantly. He is very good and very quick. Conor however, has insane reflexes and I just don't see him getting caught with it.

I think he should be more worried about being taken down and how he can handle himself with a short, stalky, insulted German with nothing to lose on top of him

I like Siver n all, and I do hope he wins.

But

We all know that McGregor left hook is going to stop Dennis.

In the open workout Conor was practicing a counter spin kick to the head after that spinning liver kick. Imagine if he pulled that shit off?

iNZBath6XDGf5.gif

Last edited:
If I'm being honest Conor has a cleaner back kick than Siver, if anyone's landing it it's him.

Honestly, he doesn't land it as routinely as advertised. In addition, Conor's movement is far too good to get caught by such a technique.

McGregor is probably the most technical fighter he will fight in his career, and McGregor knows all about his spinning kick. They even made their counter to Dennis Siver's spin kick public. They showed it at the open workout.

If you watched the live media training, you would have seen the GOAT drilling a perfect counter high kick to the spinning kick. He also drills a spinning back head kick counter to the kick, very impressive work.

@7:50 and forward:
[YT]ykFVH_pfzFY[/YT]

Can he? absolutely

Will he? I doubt it

Conor tends to have hands down while stalking the center and getting his timing down. He will need to get his hands up to defend punches of course but I suspect with his hands down style it will be harder for Siver to land that kick.

Siver is all loaded, stalky muscle and goes from a set-up punch to a kick or spinning kick instantly. He is very good and very quick. Conor however, has insane reflexes and I just don't see him getting caught with it.

I think he should be more worried about being taken down and how he can handle himself with a short, stalky, insulted German with nothing to lose on top of him

This always kills me because it basically means the opposite of stocky, the word you're looking for. It's like when people mean "a part of", but say "apart of".

Good analysis in your post. I hope both guys look awesome tomorrow night...

Honestly, he doesn't land it as routinely as advertised. In addition, Conor's movement is far too good to get caught by such a technique.

He doesn't land it every fight, but most fighters have never even managed to land it even once. Relatively speaking he's had a lot of success with it. Pretty sure he destroyed Charlie Rosa's liver with the technique in his last fight.

Yea when's the last time he really landed it? And against who?

On the feet, Siver is mostly just a punch of quick lead leg kicks, and some counter left hooks as he pulls back. He'll jab from out of range occasionally, maybe really reach for a 1-2, but it's mostly those kicks and that counter. Those kicks will be tough to get going against a southpaw Mcgregor who has better reach, and he definitely isn't gonna find a home for that hook or those lunging punches.

Also, in my opinion McGregor could take Siver down and have a decent shot at controlling him if he wanted to.

Everything is against Siver, even Dana's betting the entire UFC. Comparable to Silva/Diaz fight, it's very clear whom they want to fall.

This always kills me because it basically means the opposite of stocky, the word you're looking for. It's like when people mean "a part of", but say "apart of".

Good analysis in your post. I hope both guys look awesome tomorrow night...

Yes good call. I do know the difference and don't tend to make that mistake. I meant stocky.

Back