Can Conor McGregor defend against Khabib's Takedowns?

Can Conor stop Khabib's takedowns?

• Total voters

onesongchai

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Since the winner of Khabib/Tony is supposed to fight the winner of Conor/RDA.... what do u think?

Khabib is the best wrestler in MMA, even beat GSP's takedown record.

Last edited:
Doubt it, Khabib will most likely get him down at some point, the question is will he get him down easily and often enough over 5 rounds?

I can't know until I see Khabib fight again. His knees may be shot.

If the Khabib that fought RDA is back, he would take down McGregor quite easily.

No doubt, Khabib is just as good as Mendes, the question is can Khabib stop Conor from getting back

There is a reason why Khabib had 21 TDs in a fight.

You just never know what a post usada fighter is going to look like.

Doubt it, Khabib will most likely get him down at some point, the question is will he get him down easily and often enough over 5 rounds?
I'm pretty sure he takes him down at will and holds him there easily. Conor should train with Werdum but he fucked that up.

No doubt, Khabib is just as good as Mendes, the question is can Khabib stop Conor from getting back

Because he was fighting a guy who's ground game is several leagues above Conors?

Tibau has 92% takedown defense, Conor's is 67%.

Because he was fighting a guy who's ground game is several leagues above Conors?

He had 21 TDs against Trujillo. Trujillo is terrible in the ground and still was able to get back up.

Stuffing Khabib's takedowns isn't the solution. it's breaking his clinch.

His top control is flat out terrible, but he's got a fucking bear hug so he just continues to stick to people and take them down over and over again.

He's probably a better wrestler, and almost certainly is once you factor in the size.

Khabib would be the only fighter that I would genuinely be worried about if and when they fight , he could smother Conor and grind out the win .

But at the same time Conor could catch him and get the win too

Fascinating match up

Let's see how post injuries Khabib performs vs Ferguson.

He's talking about the fight with Trujillo. Khabib got him down but couldn't keep him down.

Don't think so. Khabib is a certified TD artist. Russian Grappling is on another level.

I think Khabib could take him down a lot. With that being said Conor could do something similar to what he did against Chad. If he were to wear Khabib down and make him work I'm guessing Khabib doesn't last long.

I'm more concerned with Khabib staying healthy.
Trump takes the stage at 8:15 by the way.

I see this.....

OwXg1.gif

you dont know how to use 'most if not all' in a sentence.

Impossible to know given that I dont think we've really seen Conor's ground game enough to draw definitive conclusions. The RDA will show a lot more

Back