Can Conor finish Poirier?

Yes he can absolutely ko or tko him again, just like he Knocked out his scam of a charity

Oh its a scam?
Could you kindly provide some sources or proof of that?
I mean you would not go around post about a well known fighters charity is a scam with out having some sort of proof would you?

Oh its a scam?
Could you kindly provide some sources or proof of that?
I mean you would not go around post about a well known fighters charity is a scam with out having some sort of proof would you?
Let’s see why would I say that. Here’s some facts: His wife and family are on the payroll. He had plans to use a chunk of Conors 500,000$ To build a gym (with his own brand all over it) and only very little part of Conors original donation would have reached the children. Conor read it and paid the childrens charity directly. That charity itself has high admin costs so not all 500,000 will reach the children but had it come via Dustins charity it would have further depleted the money reaching the children thanks to another middle man, his wife and dream of owning a gym.

Let’s see why would I say that. Here’s some facts: His wife and family are on the payroll. He had plans to use a chunk of Conors 500,000$ To build a gym (with his own brand all over it) and only very little part of Conors original donation would have reached the children. Conor read it and paid the childrens charity directly. That charity itself has high admin costs so not all 500,000 will reach the children but had it come via Dustins charity it would have further depleted the money reaching the children thanks to another middle man, his wife and dream of owning a gym.

So you really got nothing?
Dustin said from the beginning it was for a gym for kids.
You are just making things up and spinning them.
But I am not surprised.

But then most of the time you just post out of your ass.

Btw Dustin has won awards for his charity work.
Btw Justin Wrens charity works with Dustins.
Btw Dana and Kabib has donated to Dustins charity, I am sure they would not if it was a "scam".

But keep doing you, nobody else will.

Very possible, he caught Dustin with some big shots that just froze him in the rematch. That said, not likely.

So you really got nothing?
Dustin said from the beginning it was for a gym for kids.
You are just making things up and spinning them.
But I am not surprised.

But then most of the time you just post out of your ass.

Btw Dustin has won awards for his charity work.
Btw Justin Wrens charity works with Dustins.
Btw Dana and Kabib has donated to Dustins charity, I am sure they would not if it was a "scam".

But keep doing you, nobody else will.
Completely irrelevant things you are mentioning.

Dustin said it was going to be a gym for the kids yet his branding all over it makes sense? Lol

you absolutely forgot to acknowledge the admin costs, dustins charity having his family on its payroll and less money reaching the kids than what Conor did (which is why I said he KOd his charity) by giving the money straight to the kids.

It’s ok to be a fan of Dustin, good fighter, good guy too and carries himself respectfully and scam wasn’t an appropriate choice of words for me but please go back to school if you can’t do a cost benefit or a bang for buck analysis and admit Conor bypassing Dustins charity was significantly better for the recipients.

Completely irrelevant things you are mentioning.

Dustin said it was going to be a gym for the kids yet his branding all over it makes sense? Lol

you absolutely forgot to acknowledge the admin costs, dustins charity having his family on its payroll and less money reaching the kids than what Conor did (which is why I said he KOd his charity) by giving the money straight to the kids.

It’s ok to be a fan of Dustin, good fighter, good guy too and carries himself respectfully but please go back to school if you can’t do a cost benefit or a bang for buck analysis and admit Conor bypassing Dustins charity was significantly better for the recipients.

The irony of this is fantastic
"can’t do a cost benefit or a bang for buck analysis and admit Conor bypassing Dustins charity was significantly better for the recipients."

You have no clue about Dustins charity costs what so ever, or the other charity that Conor donated to. (he only donated after being called out... )

And yet you claim to be able to make a cost benefit analysis.
Get back to me when you actually knows what Dustin pays in overhead and salaries to his wife and staff and what % goes to the actual charity cases.

And non of your claims proves Dustins charity is a scam...
Thats 100% made up by you.

So it was a common consensus among pros and sherdoggers alike, early it's Conor, late it's Poirier.

Yeah, that was the prediction for their 2nd fight as well.

What also seems problematic is that it wasn't that Conor didn't land on Poirier, because he did, but it seemed to have no effect on Poirier at all. It didn't seem to even hurt him even a tiny bit and it landed flush more than once.

Conor's punches on Poirier landed flush and with full-force, but they did 'hurt' Poirier, just didn't rock him.

Poirier is tough as nails and the only times he's been KO/TKOed were in the first match with Conor with a punch Poirier couldn't see and landed behind his ear, and by a flush headkick.

Poirier hasn't even been knocked down since that headkick loss in 2017, his only KO/TKO loss at lightweight.

Lastly, Dustin is already training hard, but Conor is still vacationing with his family in Dubai and not even sure when he will start training. He is busy on Twitter and Instagram calling out Usman and talking shit about Khabib however.

Not that big of a deal. Some question if 2 or 3 month fight camps are overall too exhausting. 6 weeks may be the sweet spot.

That said, if Conor wants to go back to his karate-stance for this fight instead of boxing-stance, he should be practicing it for the last few months in the gym.

Personally, I'm not counting out the possibility that Conor's just coming to collect paychecks at this point, and I'm not sure if Conor's heart is in the game no more.

Probably. He knows he'll still make a shitload of money off this fight, and then the 3rd fight with Diaz and retire in luxury for the rest of his life.

'Its hard to go running at 5am when you wake up in silk sheets.'

So the question remains however, can Conor finish Poirier for the first time in five and half years when his flush shots seemed to have no effect on the LW version of Poirier who hasn't been finished to strikes in about five years while possibly not taking this as seriously as he should?

The argument can be made Conor's leg was already shot by the time he landed those shots on Poirier, but I'm not buying it.

Unless Conor can land some precision-shots on Porier's chin I highly doubt he's going to win this one.

As for the argument "Conor figured out how to beat Poirier" yeah, that wasn't believable when Masvidal said it about Usman after their first fight. Everyone ignored the fact Usman learned about Masvidal in their first fight as well, and finished him in the rematch.

I very highly doubt Conor will beat Poirier.

The irony of this is fantastic
"can’t do a cost benefit or a bang for buck analysis and admit Conor bypassing Dustins charity was significantly better for the recipients."

You have no clue about Dustins charity costs what so ever, or the other charity that Conor donated to. (he only donated after being called out... )

And yet you claim to be able to make a cost benefit analysis.
Get back to me when you actually knows what Dustin pays in overhead and salaries to his wife and staff and what % goes to the actual charity cases.

And non of your claims proves Dustins charity is a scam...
Thats 100% made up by you.
Other charity is the one Dustin was going to donate to too lmao

You should really wipe that Dustin jizz off your eyes and try to read what’s written.

let me dumb it down for you.

you want to buy a tampon. You don’t buy it straight from Target/Walmart (who had their own costs to cover) but infact buy it from a third party delivery app like Uber (who has their own charges on top). That’s not a lot of bang for buck you got.

even if Louisiana boys and girls club had one percent admin costs and Dustins charity had another one percent admin costs by bypassing Dustins charity alone Connor effectively got more money in the hands of the children. This is something even Dustin acknowledges and he’s happy that the kids got the money. Cause unlike you he can see the bigger picture. You though are so obsessed with Dustins charity being left out (for the right reasons) that you seem to be on its payroll on a commission basis. Now go complain to a mod or something (again) please, I am done trying to educate with you. Google up admin costs, and how much of a dollar reaches the actual cause for the average American charity.

Other charity is the one Dustin was going to donate to too lmao

You should really wipe that Dustin jizz off your eyes and try to read what’s written.

let me dumb it down for you.

you want to buy a tampon. You don’t buy it straight from Target/Walmart (who had their own costs to cover) but infact buy it from a third party delivery app like Uber (who has their own charges on top). That’s not a lot of bang for buck you got.

even if Louisiana boys and girls club had one percent admin costs and Dustins charity had another one percent admin costs by bypassing Dustins charity alone Connor effectively got more money in the hands of the children. This is something even Dustin acknowledges and he’s happy that the kids got the money. Cause unlike you he can see the bigger picture. You though are so obsessed with Dustins charity being left out (for the right reasons) that you seem to be on its payroll on a commission basis. Now go complain to a mod or something (again) please, I am done trying to educate with you. Google up admin costs, and how much of a dollar reaches the actual cause for the average American charity.

Derp derp derp.

All I read is you dont understand what the word scam actually means..
All those posts and all we can conclude is you dont know what scam means and you cant provide any proof of what you claim.

But hey chalk it down as a win, I know you desperately need it.
I dont mind the charity...

Derp derp derp.

All I read is you dont understand what the word scam actually means..
All those posts and all we can conclude is you dont know what scam means and you cant provide any proof of what you claim.

But hey chalk it down as a win, I know you desperately need it.
I dont mind the charity...
Actually all we can conclude is your eyes were actually covered in his jizz cause I already acknowledged three posts ago that scam was a bad choice of words for me but your eyes were taking a protein bath. Not that there’s anything wrong with it.

Also hahahahha at ‘chalk it up as win I don’t care’ coming for a guy who snitched and complained to mods is so hypocritical I am going to like your post. Best laugh I had tonight on sherdog.

So it was a common consensus among pros and sherdoggers alike, early it's Conor, late it's Poirier.

I was kinda thinking about the trilogy fight, and just suddenly wondered about this, which I always thought as a given that Conor could. First off, immediate rematch, especially after getting ktfo, greatly favors Poirier.

Most of times in the history of MMA, the guy who won the second fight goes onto win the third, even if they didn't get violently finished. Not only did he get his lights put out, he's not taking much time to regroup and he prob doesn't have a whole lot of time to make adjustments either. He's still in Dubai vacationing, so it's not like he's in a hurry to make those adjustments, it looks like.

The facts are that Conor hasn't finished ANYBODY last five and half years. Poirier got finished by Conor at FW but that was long time ago and it looks like Poirier is a bigger, thicker man at LW than Conor so he appear to have a size advantage as well.

What also seems problematic is that it wasn't that Conor didn't land on Poirier, because he did, but it seemed to have no effect on Poirier at all. It didn't seem to even hurt him even a tiny bit and it landed flush more than once.

It's also worth noting Conor is a type who relied on his speed and timing. If there's first thing that goes for a fighter as they age, it's just that. Conor would turn 33 a week after the fight. It's not necessarily old for MMA fighter, but not the best for a striker who relies on speed, timing and reaction, which Conor is.

Lastly, Dustin is already training hard, but Conor is still vacationing with his family in Dubai and not even sure when he will start training. He is busy on Twitter and Instagram calling out Usman and talking shit about Khabib however.

Personally, I'm not counting out the possibility that Conor's just coming to collect paychecks at this point, and I'm not sure if Conor's heart is in the game no more. If it was, I'd imagine he wouldn't be wanting to fight Diego, and not still be hanging out with his family in Dubai.

So the question remains however, can Conor finish Poirier for the first time in five and half years when his flush shots seemed to have no effect on the LW version of Poirier who hasn't been finished to strikes in about five years while possibly not taking this as seriously as he should?
Poirier admitted himself that Conor DID hurt him in the last fight? Where do you get your information or do you just make it up to fit your own narrative?

Conor can win if he focuses on doing what is necessary instead of trying to look cool to set up a boxing match. As I said before and he basically confirmed, he was trying to look like a Terminator in finishing Poirier without evading his shots.

How is this even a question?

You are all fucking idiots! Everyone is either 100% sure conor will lose in the most humiliating fashion or win in the most glorious fashion..

Can he knock out a guy he has already knocked out? It's just as stupid as asking if dustin can knock conor out.. footage exista of both things..

Sure he can. He hits hard und finished him before. I also thin he looked pretty good for the majority of the second fight.

I still think it's a close fight, maybe slight edge for Poirier.

Could Conor finish him? Of course, but so could I- I hit hard enough to KO someone, so therefore the chance exists.

But the question is, would such a knockout for Conor be likely to happen? No.

Conor would have to drop back to FW to be a true title contender. He won't beat the top guys at LW, and never has.

Dustin will sleep him again, sorry.

Yes for sure. I think Dustin gets rocked, but also I think Dustin will be at his peak, as his confidence will be sky high, so he should be loose and relaxed

Can he? Yes. Will he? I doubt it. Dustin is the better fighter. Anything can happen.

Back