Can Conor finish Poirier?

Yes, but not if he hesitates like the last time. Poirier hits about as hard, but Conor can't take those punches like Doostin can. Especially when tired.

Yeah Conor I don't think can take Dustin's shots.
Yes, but not if he hesitates like the last time. Poirier hits about as hard, but Conor can't take those punches like Doostin can. Especially when tired.

Yeah Conor I don't think can take Dustin's shots.
Yeah, everyone shat on Doostin for getting clipped by guys with power, meanwhile Conor's been rocked by Nate, Floyd and Khabib - neither one known for power. So the chin comparison has been highly misadvertised, I think Poirier has the edge.

Not if Poirier decides to grapple for a bit and kick legs again, which he probably will

Dustin hit him with that finish via strong punchy hands last time, this time Conor feels he aint going to be played like that. McGregor is going to sharpen his striking technique and prepare to counter and light Poirier up on the feet but, alas, Poirier isn't silly. Dustin doesn't want to finish with strikes this time. Poirier will absorb a few bum left hands, close the distance and finish McTapper with a smooth submission. This is truth. I don't drink. I never drink...

Anything can happen in mma and ko’s are common with 4 oz gloves. It’s highly unlikely, though. Conor used all his power and technique to hit Dustin in the face and landed clean. Dustin didn’t go down. Then Dustin did the same and sent Coner to sleep. Coner was laying on the floor not knowing what hit him. Those are the facts whether you admit ir or not. There is no rocket science behind it. What makes you think that it will be much different this time around? It’s an immediate rematch with little time for both to improve dramatically. I don’t have rocks in my head to think that Conor has a good chance to do what he couldn’t before. His chances are slim. Very slim.

Okay. Conor can knock out Mayweather in boxing ring. Cool cool.
Anyone can be knocked out, you just have to hit them with the right shot. You and I can probably knock out Ngannou if we hit him perfectly. I don’t understand why this concept is impossible for you to understand. There is no one on this planet that can’t be knocked out.

Yeah, everyone shat on Doostin for getting clipped by guys with power, meanwhile Conor's been rocked by Nate, Floyd and Khabib - neither one known for power. So the chin comparison has been highly misadvertised, I think Poirier has the edge.
Yeah Conor was so rocked by Khabib he managed to back up and didn’t flat out drop before exchanging with a knee getting back into the fight. Stop talking shit.

Yeah Conor was so rocked by Khabib he managed to back up and didn’t flat out drop before exchanging with a knee getting back into the fight. Stop talking shit.
Are you talking to me or dee?

He definitely can.

I didn't realise how much he actually rocked him in the 2nd fight...
If you go back n rewatch... if he had immediately swarmed him in that moment, he could have got him.

Stopped reading when you said Conor hasn't finished anybody in five and a half years. He finished Cowboy 2 fights ago.

When is the last time Cerrone was "anybody"? Cerrone hasn't been ranked in a while and especially fails on all of his big fights. Conor definitely hasn't finished anyone in five years.

When is the last time Cerrone was "anybody"? Cerrone hasn't been ranked in a while and especially fails on all of his big fights. Conor definitely hasn't finished anyone in five years.

Yeah I thought so little of him and totally forgot. He just got finished in round 1 by Moreno of all people :

"Conor hasn't finished ANYBODY in the past 5.5 years"

Uhh...Cerrone? Also Alvarez was Nov. 2016, less than 5 years ago.

But that's beyond the point. Can McGregor finish Porier? I'd like to think so considering he has knocked him out in the 1st round before.
I was going to say this. Minus the Alvarez fact because I want going to check the date.

I’d like his chances more if the turnaround wasn’t so quick. Can he finish Dustin? Absolutely. Will he? I’m leaning towards a strong no.

So it was a common consensus among pros and sherdoggers alike, early it's Conor, late it's Poirier.

I was kinda thinking about the trilogy fight, and just suddenly wondered about this, which I always thought as a given that Conor could. First off, immediate rematch, especially after getting ktfo, greatly favors Poirier.

Most of times in the history of MMA, the guy who won the second fight goes onto win the third, even if they didn't get violently finished. Not only did he get his lights put out, he's not taking much time to regroup and he prob doesn't have a whole lot of time to make adjustments either. He's still in Dubai vacationing, so it's not like he's in a hurry to make those adjustments, it looks like.

The facts are that Conor hasn't finished ANYBODY last five and half years. Poirier got finished by Conor at FW but that was long time ago and it looks like Poirier is a bigger, thicker man at LW than Conor so he appear to have a size advantage as well.

What also seems problematic is that it wasn't that Conor didn't land on Poirier, because he did, but it seemed to have no effect on Poirier at all. It didn't seem to even hurt him even a tiny bit and it landed flush more than once.

It's also worth noting Conor is a type who relied on his speed and timing. If there's first thing that goes for a fighter as they age, it's just that. Conor would turn 33 a week after the fight. It's not necessarily old for MMA fighter, but not the best for a striker who relies on speed, timing and reaction, which Conor is.

Lastly, Dustin is already training hard, but Conor is still vacationing with his family in Dubai and not even sure when he will start training. He is busy on Twitter and Instagram calling out Usman and talking shit about Khabib however.

Personally, I'm not counting out the possibility that Conor's just coming to collect paychecks at this point, and I'm not sure if Conor's heart is in the game no more. If it was, I'd imagine he wouldn't be wanting to fight Diego, and not still be hanging out with his family in Dubai.

So the question remains however, can Conor finish Poirier for the first time in five and half years when his flush shots seemed to have no effect on the LW version of Poirier who hasn't been finished to strikes in about five years while possibly not taking this as seriously as he should?
ummm.... im gonna go out on a limb here and say yes.. its almost like i had a dream he did it already. i could be wrong though. i dont watch much mma

Its the work ethic

Dustin has been putting in work with his boxing coach and his strength and condition coath these past few weeks even before camp started

Conor is still uploading photos on Instagram to boost his ego, shits pathetic, dude is so lost

The old conor is dead, even if he wins this fight I only see him fighting till he loses before retiring

He just wants to stock up on money in case shit goes south down the road

Sure he could, it's just not likely. Dustin's chin got better at 155 than it was at 145, but Conor does still have KO power.

Back