Can Conor Fans Acknowledge That He's A Bit Of A Cringer?

if weight is just a number

why are there weight classes in mma/bjj/wrestling?

do you think Connor could take Brock lesnar in a fight because he has better striking/bjj/cardio than brock

Now you're talking about a college wrestling champion who has also trained in all aspects of fighting. You're talking about a guy who was the fucking heavyweight champion! There is a huge difference between Lesnar and any 200lb+ brown belt!

dude I could be a 5'5 wimp....who cares? i never said I was a brown belt, i'm just pondering how you think connor could beat someone who has 50+ pounds on him and who's highly skilled in bjj

considering he was man handled by a 5'5 145 pound wrestler

You just don't get it, man. You really don't understand the gap between elite professional fighters and the rest of us normal folk. They are KILLERS! At the very top, yes size makes a difference. When you are comparing any regular person, 200lbs+ black belt or not, to an elite professional fighter, there is really no comparison.

if weight is just a number

why are there weight classes in mma/bjj/wrestling?

do you think Connor could take Brock lesnar in a fight because he has better striking/bjj/cardio than brock
cause at a elite level weight matters however, the whole weight is just a number clearly flew way over your head moron, 200ilbs is just a number it doesn't mean you are stronger the someone lighter because my grandma could be 200ilbs and a bjj brownbelt from years back does that mean she can beat mcgregor? 200ilbs doesn't take into account what kind of shape you are in its just a number. In the ufc you can assume the higher the weight class the bigger the frame. There's plenty of out of shape people at my dojo who have been doing bjj for years it doesn't mean they have EVERYTHING else that's required to beat a complete fighter. His do you know the bjj brown belt has even ever been punched in the face?
Kicked to the stomach? Conditioned to taking and receiving punches.
brock lesnar has massive wrestling credentials and is 100ilbs bigger then connor, nothing compared to the 30 ilb difference to 170 and 200. Cain velasquez had a 30 ilb disadvantage to lesnar how did that play out moron?

I cringed at the thread title. Who uses the word the word 'cringer'?

lol everything he does is hilarious to me.

Me too. I love the guy. He is the most interesting thing to come into the UFC since Brock. I think Ronda is good, but no personality. Conor is highly entertaining, and I watch MMA for entertainment.

dude I could be a 5'5 wimp....who cares? i never said I was a brown belt, i'm just pondering how you think connor could beat someone who has 50+ pounds on him and who's highly skilled in bjj

considering he was man handled by a 5'5 145 pound wrestler

Are you talking about the guy that was KO'd in under 2 rounds as the person who man handled conor? ahhahahaahahaha. He only got him down, never once passed guard and ended up taking more strikes from the bottom than he delivered.

You just don't get it, man. You really don't understand the gap between elite professional fighters and the rest of us normal folk. They are KILLERS! At the very top, yes size makes a difference. When you are comparing any regular person, 200lbs+ black belt or not, to an elite professional fighter, there is really no comparison.
the type of moronic things I read on this damn forum astonishes me. People really don't understand the difference between a trained fighter and someone who trains bjj. As a bjj student there's a clear difference between rolling with a GI and and no strikes being thrown to grappling without a GI and mixing strikes into the equation.

this thread is cringeworthy

say what you want about conor but he's rich as fuck and he backs up what he says

he's also one of the best when it comes to psychological warfare so whatever he's doing is clearly working...stop grasping for reasons to discredit conor and just accept him for the master of the game that he is

if you don't like him; fine...but this "you have to admit that mcgregor isn't that awesome because of this ridiculous reason" shit is pathetic

Making it more cringeworthy with this post

Did you see when he jumped out of the cage after the Siver fight and went to Aldo? behind security screaming like a maniac, that was cringerworthy as fuck lol

He's like that special kid in grade school who always does stupid/annoying shit to get attention. That being said though, he's an awesome fighter to watch and I am a fan of his fighting style.

Yeah, he's pretty much God-awful. Makes Sonnen look like fucking Rico Suave.

If McGregor didn't have the accent, many would despise him. The accent makes it acceptable. But I din't hate the guy one bit. I just hate his faux-fans.

good point. In a Californian accent it's unacceptable. It doesn't hurt that i don't understand every 3rd word he says either.

no he couldn't

david tua doesn't call people 2 inches shorter than him "mini". all connor did was talk smack about chad's height but he's short as well

he's pretty insecure

The Irish are not known for their crotchal hardware.

I hope its all a character, if not he is one seriously gigantic douchebag.

UnlawfulImpassionedBluebird.gif

Connor is the biggest wanker/fighter I've ever seen. I guess he sells PPVs though..or something

You know what's cringe-worthy? Anyone on Sherdog calling anyone else cringe-worthy.

Back