Can Conor and Ronda make themselves relevant in their 40's like Brock Lesnar did ?

MMAFAN2

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
these 3 are probably the top 3 stars in UFC history,they are very similar in many ways but they had different roads to be big stars
i don't know if Conor can become a champion again but if he loses again,he is done for good which i feel that's what is going to happen,the same way Brock's and Ronda's careers ended.even if he wins,i don't think he will keep fighting more than 2 years,Dana already said he is so rich now and it's hard to get him to fight,there isn't really an exciting challenge for him,most big names are retiring and he already won 2 belts
as far as Ronda,she is not a big star as she used to be since losing two times in the row in a bad way,the way she dealt with losses and then she retired from WWE.
of course they can return to fight,we see many fighters return after many years but i think the competition is getting tougher so it's going to be hard to do this in the future and it's gonna be a young man sport

Brock Lesnar is a popular name since he was 21 in 1999 when he was one of the most known amateur wrestlers in the country also in the entertainment business and mma without even fighting,he was really smart to use his name all these years,everyone talk about him returning when he actually fought once since his retirement in 2011,now he is 42,that's like half of his life
can they do it like him and how ? they don't have to be releveant in the mma world,maybe doing pro wrestling or movies for example.

Last edited:
No. HW is a wasteland of old men and lack of talent. Brock can come back until his 50's and be competitive.

No. HW is a wasteland of old men and lack of talent. Brock can come back until his 50's and be competitive.
it doesn't necessary have to become releveant in mma,maybe pro wrestling,movies or anything else.
that's what i mean.

Ronda could bring it back if she wasn't so averse to criticism. The world forgives even when bitter fans on the net are still celebrating her losses all these years later.

If Ronda announced a potential comeback then she would get attention.

Guessing so since it has been a while since either have fought and still get threads made on the daily...

Guessing so since it has been a while since either have fought and still get threads made on the daily...
i don't think we will have threads about them for another 10 years lol

giphy.gif

The UFC heavyweight division has historically been, and still is, one of the weakest division in the org, second only to wmma.

Brock was famous as a Pro Wrestler before he even went into MMA. After MMA, he went back to MMA and his popularity there continued.

Neither Conor nor Ronda were famous prior to MMA so they dont have the easy fall back that Brock did. Ronda already seems to have washed out of the movie industry and Conor is trying to stage gimmick fights so I dont know how they are supposed to stay relevant without a fan driven career in some other field prior to joining MMA. They can do like Chuck and come back to get beat up down the road and be relevant in that way.

Conrad McDougal? Yes. Randy Drowsey? No.

Even with R. Honda's extremely low IQ and fantasy world, she knows she isn't the best. Plus, the blueprint to beat her is out there. She doesn't want to fight when she knows winning isn't guaranteed and she could take a hellacious beating. As good as she was, her skills are falling behind the rest of WMMA with each passing year. She wouldn't reliably beat a top 15 opponent a decade from now.

Back