Can Connie break the live gate record?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Degen Gambler, Jan 16, 2015.

1. jkthenatural

jkthenatural Snake In The Grass

80,000 is a lot, I went to ufc 171 and that was like 19,000. Cant imagine what that would be like

Edit: ^the fuck?

2. MacGoat

MacGoat White Belt

They will sell out Croke Park which can hold 80,000 not including the pitch tickets.It would easily sell out in under an hour if UFC was to come back to Ireland.

3. odog

odog A cat trapped in a dog's body

ThrushNut, you are doing it wrong.

Edit: well his post was deleted. So I will just say

Connie? Really? Connie?

4. moreorless87

moreorless87 Disarming Posting

The issue is often though that a stadium will only be licenced for a certain attendance so even if pitch tickets can potentially increase capacity they don't always do so.

One advantage either Croke Park or the Aviva stadium would have is that they both have one end of the ground that's a lot smaller. That means you could stick the cage at the other higher capacity end to keep the fans closer to the action and not lose out on a great deal of seating. Crokes seating would be further from the cage though as the pitch is a gaelic football pitch is a good deal wider than a soccer pitch.

5. MacGoat

MacGoat White Belt

That wouldn't make a difference.The majority of people would be happy to watch it on the big screen and just be a part of the atmosphere.As far as I know they are saying that Croke Park will have 90,000 restriction including pitch tickets.

There is now talk that the fight will be in Vegas.I think this would be a huge mistake.Having 90,000 of the loudest and most passionate fans in the world all cheering for the same person inside that stadium has never happened before.Look at the atmosphere they made at the last event there (and that was only 10k) I couldn't even hear the commentator for some bits.They were like that for the whole event including the undercard.

Whatever loss they make on PPV selling they would more than make up for it in gate receipts,publicity etc.