Can Chris Barnett cut to 265? If so, UFC should pick him up.

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
I know he's interested in fighting in the UFC since returning after a 3 year lay off. He's beat some good fighters - Garner, Wiuff and Walt Harris who is currently signed to the UFC. He lost to Pringles but everyone and their mother knows he didn't lose that fight, plus they was both very green when they fought, Barnett would kill him now.

He says he can make the HW limit, so the UFC should pick him up, heavy handed dude with a good chin. HW can use some more fighters.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Chris-Barnett-45664

Also, please to God sign Kharitonov already, enough is enough!

Damn, 5'9" and at 320? That has to be like fighting one of the M&M's off the commercial.

He's such a fuckin beefcake. He should def make that cut.

I will never understand why I should rather watch 115lb men and women fight than the biggest, strongest men of them all. Its FIGHTING. I am tuning in to see who the toughest guys are, and you've eliminated all truly big men. If you put money into the purses I could watch someone like Hafthor Bjornsson fight..... but there's no weight class for the Titans of men... rather, I should get excited to watch Gary Coleman go at it with Emmanuel Lewis. Ok.

+1 dude has a fun personality as well. its insane seeing someone that size throwing jumping spinning kicks back and front

I will never understand why I should rather watch 115lb men and women fight than the biggest, strongest men of them all. Its FIGHTING. I am tuning in to see who the toughest guys are, and you've eliminated all truly big men. If you put money into the purses I could watch someone like Hafthor Bjornsson fight..... but there's no weight class for the Titans of men... rather, I should get excited to watch Gary Coleman go at it with Emmanuel Lewis. Ok.

Coleman via sub

One heavy handed mofo. Would be interesting to see what a 5ft 9in HW would fair. I don't know that he could even hit someone like Browne in the face. Let him come in and fight Struve for his first fight.

5'9'' and 320 pounds is insane, lol.

He definitely should make the cut, for his health if anything.

And yeah, as soon as he shows that he can make the limit consistently, he should be picked up. He's pretty damn agile for such a ball of flesh.

5'9'' and 320 pounds is insane, lol.

He definitely should make the cut, for his health if anything.

And yeah, as soon as he shows that he can make the limit consistently, he should be picked up. He's pretty damn agile for such a ball of flesh.

My thoughts exactly.

Yeah sure I'd watch him in the UFC.

Because if the fight goes longer than 3 minutes, it's still entertaining. Outside of Cain, Werdum, JDS, and a couple others. And none of those guys are near the 265 limit, there are few heavyweights that can really last passed the 1st round if the 1st round had any type of pace to it.

I know he's interested in fighting in the UFC since returning after a 3 year lay off. He's beat some good fighters - Garner, Wiuff and Walt Harris who is currently signed to the UFC. He lost to Pringles but everyone and their mother knows he didn't lose that fight, plus they was both very green when they fought, Barnett would kill him now.

He says he can make the HW limit, so the UFC should pick him up, heavy handed dude with a good chin. HW can use some more fighters.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Chris-Barnett-45664

Also, please to God sign Kharitonov already, enough is enough!

Agree with all except that I have now watched the Prindle fight, and I think they got the right guy.

Because if the fight goes longer than 3 minutes, it's still entertaining. Outside of Cain, Werdum, JDS, and a couple others. And none of those guys are near the 265 limit, there are few heavyweights that can really last passed the 1st round if the 1st round had any type of pace to it.

If Prindle and Barnett and Sylvia and the gang were allowed to fight with our heavyweights, ONLY THE ONES WITH CARDIO would survive and stay on the roster. In your mind is two lower level fatties swinging for the fences for 3 minutes, and then breathing hard the rest of the time. In my mind is one of those guys gassed getting shit-stomped by an actual in shape big man. But SOME of those big bastards would adapt, or already be able, to last longer... and they would add an awesome element to heavyweight fights.

Someone like Bigfoot, for example, he's a real fighter, in good shape, but he has to starve muscle off himself to make weight. I think that's horrible in a sport where the goal is to find out the best fighter.... having guys make themselves worse to make a fabricated limit is backwards thinking.

They need to lift the HW restriction already, bring the freaks in...

Strongest or fattest, slowest and more sloppy guys?, 320 pounds for a 5' 9" guys, lol

Strongest or fattest, slowest and more sloppy guys?, 320 pounds for a 5' 9" guys, lol

Look to other sports for a second. Now, because MMA pay is low, the biggest fellas go to other sports. But take a good look - there are 300+lb ATHLETES all over the place.

Sounds like I need to check this Chris Barnett out.

Back