Can Cejudo hold Dillashaw Down?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Realistically, it is his only.path to victory. He won't outstrike Dillashaw (although, he could potentially hurt him) and Dillashaw is excellent at avoiding takedowns and being being able to spring back up.

I like Cejudo, but I believe he is overmatched here. I don't even think he will have the speed advantage in this fight.

I think Dillashaw will finish him in under 3 rounds. Thoughts?

He was able to hold mighty mouse down, so I'd assume he will be able to hold TJ down long enough to the point where it impacts the scoring of the round.

I honestly don't think Cejudo needs to hold him down and wrestle only. He showed improved striking in the DJ rematch and he wasn't outclassed entirely in the speed department.

If he applies heavy pressure to TJ and creates wrestling scrambles, it'll be in his favor (could land heavy shots during the break or in close). If the fight stays at distance, TJ should win.

he can if he times his takedowns really well. but its not gonna be easy, he pretty much took dj down when dj was throwing kicks, tj definitely would have picked up on that and will probably not kick as much

Will tune in in seven days to find out.... But I think they bang.

dude i reckon people are underestimating Cejudo striking big time, he looked amazing with his striking against Benavidez (he won that fight imo, that point deduction was questionable), Reis, and pettis.

He showcased he could strike with DJ, i think he can hold TJ down but i don't think his striking is that much inferior to TJ's that he cant rely on it

TJ is just a better all around fighter, he will finish him I’d think in the third

Realistically, it is his only.path to victory. He won't outstrike Dillashaw (although, he could potentially hurt him) and Dillashaw is excellent at avoiding takedowns and being being able to spring back up.

I like Cejudo, but I believe he is overmatched here. I don't even think he will have the speed advantage in this fight.

I think Dillashaw will finish him in under 3 rounds. Thoughts?
snake loses by dehydration unless he can pulse some leftover gear that releases from his fat cells

dude i reckon people are underestimating Cejudo striking big time, he looked amazing with his striking against Benavidez (he won that fight imo, that point deduction was questionable), Reis, and pettis.

He showcased he could strike with DJ, i think he can hold TJ down but i don't think his striking is that much inferior to TJ's that he cant rely on it

That's what I've been saying as well. His striking has improved a lot and tbh, I think he might match TJ in speed / power. I think the fight depends on where it takes place. At range, TJ. In close, Cejudo. Not a mismatch at all though

Im with ya TJ
snake-plissken-high-5.gif

The only thing conor ever said that I agree with.

Timing beats speed.

We saw Cejudo improve his timing in his second fight with DJ. Hes not just a one trick pony

Cejudo is a better wrestler + An almost equally strong guy as TJ. Do people forget that he used to fight at 135 because making the weight class below him was so hard? It's debatable just how much size advantage Dillashaw will have, if any.

I'm rooting for the snake but I wouldn't be surprised to see either man win.

he can if he times his takedowns really well. but its not gonna be easy, he pretty much took dj down when dj was throwing kicks, tj definitely would have picked up on that and will probably not kick as much
I think he needs to kick to win this. Body kicks, leg kicks, DJ used them very effectively against Cejudo in their last fight. That being said, Cejudo improves greatly from each fight and I personally think he will win. Won't be suprised if he loses tho

Depends how depleted tj is from the weight cut, he could easily get gassed out from grappling early.

Im leaning towards cejudo by ud. I think the gameplan he used against dj will work well here. Use the tds to win rounds and set them up with sound boxing. Tjs very sneaky though so it wont be easy.

Cejudo is stronger and technically a more sound wrestler than TJ. DJ's quickness is what allowed him to be elusive and scramble out of Cejudo's takedowns, but TJ is not that fast. I think Cejudo will surprise people

Cejudo is very good, and could win. I think at 135 he gets smoked, but I don't know how TJ will look at 125 I think this is a big risk low reward for TJ. He goes down to fight a guy that just became champ, smaller so he should win, and the division is basically dead. I don't get why he did this, champ champ bullshit is dumb, and even dumber when you're dropping weight. I really like TJ as a fighter, but this makes no sense to me, and Cejudo could definitely win.

Back