Can Cain do this to JDS if soccer kicks and knee on grounded opponents were allowed?

Probably hard to find sparring partners that will let you soccer kick them when they dive for tds

atldDEm.jpg

I laughed

It's totally useless to discuss what would happen if banned techniques were allowed, because we would never know. We do know that JDS and Cain both know the rules and following these rules JDS' skill level can not keep up with Cain's. This fight will be an exact copy of their last fight. Hopefully after that they wont rematch for a long time

Wrong, just wrong.

If you think it is useless to discuss things related to UFC you should not be looking at this page in the first place.

JDS can keep up with Cain`s skill level, he did last fight. Even if Cain had 10 rounds he wouldnt finish JDS.

On the other hand, Cain can not keep up. One punch and he will fall like a drunk hobo after a night of tacos and tequilas.

Good point actually.

If soccer kicks were allowed, JDS would probably win every time they fought.

UFC (unified rules) has always been very wrestling-biased.

TS has it backwards.. wrestlers who can control you on the ground and knee you in the head would rule MMA

This is one of the reasons why I think soccer kicks and knees on the ground should be allowed. It does cut both ways though, yes Cain would have to take more care in his takedowns and set them up better but if he got north/south after taking JDS down he is in a lot of trouble.

Probably hard to find sparring partners that will let you soccer kick them when they dive for tds

They use pads, there is old videos of Shogun and Wanderlei practicing stomps in training, for some reason people like to believe that soccer kicks and stops are easy and anyone can land them, but they aren't that simple to land, you must train them just like any other strike.

We can safely say if said banned technique was employed, Cain wouldn't be spamming takedowns like that. What is game planning.

I'm against stomping. Imagine someone like Bigfoot stomping Brendan Schaub.

No one ever died or was seriously injured from stomps in PRIDE though. The refs would just have to be johnny-on-the-spot to stop fights as soon as a fighter is done, which they should anyway.

It's a nice proof of how stupid and unfair the unified rules are.

I keep saying that the damn rules are too wrestler favoring.

How many fighters could even spam takedowns at that rate? Not to mention at HW.

It's a nice proof of how stupid and unfair the unified rules are.

I keep saying that the damn rules are too wrestler favoring.

Knees to the head are great weapons for wrestlers. I do think Pride's rules were more fair to everyone though. As knees to the head can both help or hurt wrestlers and soccer kicks help in preventing guys from just spamming takedowns Sonnen/Cain style.

No, I think Cain would have more TKO/KO losses if soccer kicks and knees on the ground were allowed. He would probably also have a few finishes from knees to the head on the ground too though.

No, I think Cain would have more TKO/KO losses if soccer kicks and knees on the ground were allowed. He would probably also have a few finishes from knees to the head on the ground too though.

Don't know how since the only fight Cain did that was against JDS. The others fight he was getting TDs with easy.

Kicking some defenseless guy in the head. It doesn't sit well with me.

Back