Can Biden be prosecuted for communicating with world leaders before being officially elected?

thehighking

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I've seen there are reports Biden has already been contacting world leaders about his planned agenda once he becomes president. People have said he could have broken the rules of the Logan Act. Is it true that he could have broken the law?

I've seen there are reports Biden has already been contacting world leaders about his planned agenda once he becomes president. People have said he could have broken the rules of the Logan Act. Is it true that he could have broken the law?
You could just simply read the statute yourself, and conclude that, no, this simply does not apply.
Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
So, no, congratulatory phone calls from foreign leaders do not fall in this category.

Last edited:

Trump lost, lost bigly.

Get over it.

IPj2zNH.png

Biden's trying to get them excited for Dark Winter.

Back