Can Bearjew go on a title run at LHW?

Judge Lance Ito

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
LHW is wide open at the moment with old men Glover and Jan fighting it out as well as a bunch of wild mental strikers like Jiri and that Serbian/Austrian dude. You also have MW journeymen like Santos and Anthony Smith in the mix.

I think a BJJ wizard like Craig could have enough tricks in his arsenal to challenge for the title. He's also a big bastard.

Maybe if he could get all his fights to the ground but most of the guys at the top of the rankings are strikers first and I think they'll be too much for him on the feet.

Currently ? no all the top 5 merk him and the Magomed last second win was a fluke . Jan straight up retires him

LHW is wide open at the moment with old men Glover and Jan fighting it out as well as a bunch of wild mental strikers like Jiri and that Serbian/Austrian dude. You also have MW journeymen like Santos and Anthony Smith in the mix.

I think a BJJ wizard like Craig could have enough tricks in his arsenal to challenge for the title. He's also a big bastard.

He's a hard fucker and doesn't mess around in the ground fucking hell.

He'd be in my assassination squad, if I had to assemble one.

No, his striking is way too terrible. He’s a really fun fighter to watch though.

With favourable matchups he might be able to get Top 5 but he gets knocked out brutally by top guys

You know, he is a weird guy. Most people where sure Hill would destroy him. He has great mma-bjj (if that's a thing) and I honestly think he could beat every fighter on the roster. I do think it's a long shot, as most top guys are simply to good for him to use his arm-bending skills.

He doesn't have the genetics for such a tall order though I'm sure he can make a decent living as an accountant.

'cause we have so many BJJ wizards holding the titles in today's MMA.
Uhh... Roberto Satoshi just beat Tofiq Musayev to win the Rizin 155 title.

Kleber Koike Erbst is likely to get the next title shot for Rizin's 145 title.

Yes, BJJ wizards are alive and well and winning titles in MMA.

If he had the perfect match ups he could get toward top 5'ish , but we all know, or should by now that 1 dimensional fighters rarely do well at the highest levels. He's fun to watch and a killer on the ground but lets be realistic here, he's not thaaat good. No offense TS but you are a horrible judge, you even let OJ Simpson go =/

Lol this dude wouldn’t be anywhere near top 10 if Bader Davis Rumble or Corey were still there. UFC LHW is a joke you ppl are watching scrubs and don’t even realize it. Jamahal Hill is 8-1 and can’t grapple for shit and you ppl thought he was a top prospect.

Uhh... Roberto Satoshi just beat Tofiq Musayev to win the Rizin 155 title.
Kleber Koike Erbst is likely to get the next title shot for Rizin's 145 title.
Yes, BJJ wizards are alive and well and winning titles in MMA.

Submission artist tend to do well in asian MMA organisation, but you can't say it is the case in UFC unfortunately.

Love Paul Craig but i don't see him breaking the top 5.

He looked really good in his last 3, and the confidence to pull guard. One of the few BJJ guys in the div, nasty Mirlock. Guys can gameplan for it, though. "Just stand up", then he's forced to stand, which isn't his forte. Fun 1st round guy because a big guy can crank and break arms fast.

Last edited:
Submission artist tend to do well in asian MMA organisation, but you can't say it is the case in UFC unfortunately.

Love Paul Craig but i don't see him breaking the top 5.
Uhh... that's because the UFC is a clown show and chooses not to sign elite submission fighters like Erbst and Satoshi.

Back