Can AS chin stand punch anymore?

How do we know that ever really could take a solid punch? This was one of the first times in his UFC career that he took a clean solid shot. Look at when Cheal fought him, he got dropped 2 or 3 times in that fight. So im not sold that he ever could. He got so good at reading his opponents that he rarely ate solid clean shot.

I would say Anderson's chin is still very good, it's likely not as good because of the KO but he was way out of position took the shot right on the chin and leaned into the punch.

I think Andy has being hit harder in sparring sessions with Cigano.

I don't get your logic...

I think Andy has being hit harder in sparring sessions with Cigano.

I don't get your logic...

Since when did Anderson and Cigano train at the same gym, let alone spar with eachother (they would probably be wearing headguards aswell so your statement really doesn't mean all that much even if it's true)?

He didn't see it coming, that is why he got knocked out. Simple as that, it has nothing to do with "chin".

jaw is not forever . he is almost 40 and his chin has so much mileage on it sooo....

Anderson being KO'd once throughout his whole MMA career doesn't automatically mean his chin is shot now. He got caught with his hands down by a unexpected punch. Do I think he can beat Weidman, not in my opinion, but by no means does it mean his chin is gone.

Silva wasn't KOed because of lack of chin, he got KOed because he was in a bad position.

I literally cringe at every single post you write TC.

I have for a long time now.

Since when did Anderson and Cigano train at the same gym, let alone spar with eachother (they would probably be wearing headguards aswell so your statement really doesn't mean all that much even if it's true)?

Lol, what? Cigano part of Team Nogueira for a big part of his UFC career.

I don't fully agree with the logics, but you've got to agree that a knockout takes something out of a fighter... You can only get knocked out so many times.

I agree that GSP lost his aura of dominance after the Serra fight.

Wait what.

That was the weakest KO punch I've seen since Chuck was put to sleep by Franklin's baby punch to end his career. Silva has a very, very weak chin.

What I see in Weidman is a fighter that process the ability to fear nothing because he study psychologist.:(

People who study Psychology are the most insecure, fearful people in the world. Just saying...

That was the weakest KO punch I've seen since Chuck was put to sleep by Franklin's baby punch to end his career. Silva has a very, very weak chin.

You don't know what you are talking about. Chuck ran into Franklin's fist and Anderson got hit right on the chin with no way of rolling with the punch, when you hit a lever at the very end it moves a lot more(the lever being his head). Anderson's chin was the end of the lever, on the other end was Anderson's brain, since he got hit with no way to absorb any of the impact his brain slammed into his skull causing him to fall when Weidman hit him on the chin.

Watch most of Anderson's KOs they don't look all that hard either but he gets his opponents to move into his strikes or turns their heads a lot.

Yeah I expect him to KOed in every fight now, just like what has happend to GSP after Serra Koed hom.

I feel like anyone can break his jaw now after Weidman broke his jaw.
His jaw bone won't hold much anymore.
Once it's break it's never the same even the best doctor fix it, unless they make his jaw Robocop jaw.

I think the rematch will be more awesome, I don't think Silva chin can hold anymore.
If Weidman touch it, it's broken again, the end.

I should ask do you feel the same about Fedor since the Hendo fight?

While I tend to agree that getting knocked out and can spell bad things for a fighters future, I don't think that's the case with Anderson, especially since anyone would have gotten knocked out if they were in his situation. Feet parallel, head back, neck loose, and not seeing the punch coming all spell knockout no matter who you are.

Back