Can AS chin stand punch anymore?

It really isn't that mysterious: Silva was/is so good, he could clown people (and that's exactly what he was doing against Griffin, Bonnar, etc.); it is simply not possible to say he was going 100% when he was doing that, he was just that much better than those guys and never got caught. Weidman caught him because A)Silva's getting older, and B) Weidman's a very good fighter. Silva will destroy Weidman because he will come out 100%, like he did against Belfort. A cautious counter-striker. Hoping for Weidman, being realistic

He was standing, hands down, with his chin in the air and was stretched pretty much as far off his centre of balance as he could possibly be when Weidman tagged him with a damned fine punch that he didn't see coming. It was such a perfect knockout scenario that the ghost of Cus D'Amato probably got wood the second knuckles hit chin.

Previously he's been able to walk right through punches because he saw them coming and reacted correctly. Gritted teeth, clenched neck, rolling with the blow when necessary.

Acting like he went down because his chin's suddenly fallen to bits isn't just a bit premature, it's pretty disrespectful to Mr. Weidman, who basically fought a perfect fight against The Spider.

Predicting further grotesque knockouts in an attempt to get smarty-pants Internet cred is even worse.

GOOODNIGHT.

Getting caught once isn't a trend.

This is why I hate majority of MMA fans... and being an MMA fan you can see why this conflicts me.

Anderson Silva got knocked out once.. That doesn't mean his chin is totally shot.

Exactly.

Really dumb people try to see GSP getting tko'd once in his career and Anderson getting KO'd once in his career as a reason to say they have lesser chins when in fact you can never gauge that from one instance.

It is dumb and posters on this site who think that are dumb.

Get ko'ed once and can't take a punch anymore.maybe if
He got ko'ed ten times but come on, give the man a chance
To come back from it.plus broken jaw? Wasn't he talking after
The fight.my understanding is that if you break you're jaw you
Would be pretty fuct, like struve.

The way he got KO'ed, not likely. One you get KO'ed cold like that, eyes rolling back, your chin is never the same.

I can't think of a single person that was brutally KO'ed and went on to have an iron chin.

The way he got KO'ed, not likely. One you get KO'ed cold like that, eyes rolling back, your chin is never the same.

I can't think of a single person that was brutally KO'ed and went on to have an iron chin.

Rampage ......

AS has been knocked down before by Hendo and Sonnen. Besides that Silvas been elusive we really don't know the status of his chin. The reason Weidman caught Silvas because of Weidmans longer reach an advantage

there is no shame in being dropped by Hendo, plus Chael didnt drop anderson lol, Silva just lost his balance.

TS is an either an idiot or a child who doesnt know the difference between getting knocked out and getting your jaw broken.

/thread

the punch that knocked out anderson was one of the weakest knockout punches in the ufc. he got knocked out because he didn't see it coming, that is the type of punch that knocks people out. nothing to do with chin really, those type of punches can put anyone to sleep.

TS is an either idiot or a child who doesnt know the difference between getting knocked out and getting your jaw broken.

/thread

In his defence, I'm kind of getting the vibe of a non-native English speaker struggling a bit with idiom. In this case - "cracked his jaw" as in the one knockout that indicates a fighter's decline vs. "broke his jaw" as in an actual injury to the bone.

I feel like anyone can break his jaw now after Weidman broke his jaw.
His jaw bone won't hold much anymore.
Once it's break it's never the same even the best doctor fix it, unless they make his jaw Robocop jaw.

He can still dodges matrix but if it connect it's over again.
I don't think Weidman will punches stupid like Griffin, people think Weidman is Griffin but different fighter, different breed, different heart.

Silva won't clown again but I don't think Weidman fear Silva mind game.
What I see in Weidman is a fighter that process the ability to fear nothing because he study psychologist.:(

I think the rematch will be more awesome, I don't think Silva chin can hold anymore.
If Weidman touch it, it's broken again, the end.

Are you insinuating that a weak chin/jaw bone actually effects the brain withstanding punishment after a long career.... i don't understand the post? Like if he chews on hard jolly rancher candy his jaw will break and knock him out? ........... He Does know that a "Weak Chin" is a expression for not being able to withstand blows to the head" right???

I don't think one fight is really enough to tell. Look at Big Country: he got put to sleep by Arlovski but now he is considered to have one of the best chins at HW. Weidman may have just got him right on the button. This isn't to take away from Weidman--good for him--but that just doesn't mean the second will necessarily end in a similar KO.

He didn't knock him out...Roy was wide awake, and Andrei was there to help him up right after. He caught him good and BC legs went out from under him, but he never went out...so no, he didn't get put to sleep.

Anderson use to claim "he has never been rocked even in sparring" and claimed he had a granite chin but then Chael seemed to hurt him, and we see what Weidman did...so i think Anderson can't take a punch.

I feel like anyone can break his jaw now after Weidman broke his jaw.
His jaw bone won't hold much anymore.
Once it's break it's never the same even the best doctor fix it, unless they make his jaw Robocop jaw.

He can still dodges matrix but if it connect it's over again.
I don't think Weidman will punches stupid like Griffin, people think Weidman is Griffin but different fighter, different breed, different heart.

Silva won't clown again but I don't think Weidman fear Silva mind game.
What I see in Weidman is a fighter that process the ability to fear nothing because he study psychologist.:(

I think the rematch will be more awesome, I don't think Silva chin can hold anymore.
If Weidman touch it, it's broken again, the end.

Did you use Google English translator or something? Yikes.

Being knocked out once doesn't make you have a weak chin. I don't foresee it happening again in the rematch.

he took some mean punches from a steroid-ed LHW in Bonnar without flinching. I wouldn't bet against his chin.

Weidman didnt break his jaw nor came close to, he caught him right on the button, that'll put anyone away for a second.

One KO loss, and his chin is worthless now? God these threads reek of idiocy.

Because everyone knows after Liddell got blasted by Jackson the first time, he could never take a punch again. And after Leben got massacred by Silva, he could never take a punch again. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I'm surprised it has taken this long for a thread like this to come up. Immediately after the loss I thought this would be up on sherdog the next morning. Anderson got caught, while being reckless. And even if his chin is now failing on him, it isn't exactly like he usually just takes crazy shots all the time, he's pretty elusive when he wants to be.

Sherdog where the jaw breaks.

Listen idiot, do you think Anderson never got ko'd in his life?
He's been practicing martial arts for whole his life. One ko isn't going to make an impact.

Back