Can any Khabib fan tell me how he’s going to close the distance?

Hes gotta do better than flying hammerfists and jumping knees. Dude fuckin sucks at striking. If he had a power double like Mendes it would be a hell of a lot easier. He cant just walk forward like he did against no hands Barbosa.

Fuckin guy went 25 minutes with an inactive real estate agent. It was boring as fuck too...just like all his fights he actually shows up for You fuckin kidding me?

Cmon bro don't be racist it's 2018

Gimme a break you know it's true, ehtnic russians and the khabibs/islams are different groups of people. I'm just trying to educate Americans who are daft.

OK nevermind i take that back, khabib is the most russian russian there has ever been and cain v is the biggest American ever im sure hell be getting tht eagle or George Washington tatoo any day now.

Gimme a break you know it's true, ehtnic russians and the khabibs/islams are different groups of people. I'm just trying to educate Americans who are daft.

OK nevermind i take that back, khabib is the most russian russian there has ever been and cain v is the biggest American ever im sure hell be getting tht eagle or George Washington tatoo any day now.

It's an easier world to live in where we just accept Khabib is as Russian as Wodka

Plus this is sherdog

Don't be coming here with some kind of senior education

Plus this is sherdog

Don't be coming here with some kind of senior education

ok you are right i'll let people believe Khabib comes from the same group of people as fedor....so russian man!

Khabib doesn't need the clinch. I think quite possible that he takes Conor down off a single leg or even by catching one of his kicks (I am sure that these will be a big part of Conor's gameplan) and advancing from there.

HarmlessLoneBarb-max-14mb.gif

I know the fanbois will claim that Conor will magically find Khabib's chin as he shoots, but let's be real - this is what Conor will actually do:

Mendes-takedown-McGregor-1.gif

The one time he faced a serious TD threat, his famed countering ability wasn't quite there. And don't say it was because his knee was injured, couldn't train wrestling, etc... where were those pin point counters?

mendestagsconor2.gif

GargantuanFlakyBaldeagle.gif

CaringWebbedFurseal.gif

And remember: Conor has 8 minutes to finish this fight. Once he gasses and his power goes, Khabib will take him down at will.

You're right. One thing you forgot to mention - no matter how good Conor's timing and precision are, he can still miss a clean shot when Khabib tries to close the distance.
But that doesnt matter to him,he is so sure about his hero

ok you are right i'll let people believe Khabib comes from the same group of people as fedor....so russian man!

I always found it brilliant when people called Dennis siver German
Had a good few trolls on people with that back in the day

So I'm gonna say first that I'm not even a "fan" of McGregor. I like watching the dude fight cuz he's exciting but I don't care much past that about the guy. I'm really pumped for this fight because both parties are awesome.

But why do people keep going to the well with this Shalarus gif garbage? That dude is 9-5-2 and that fight was very clearly from a long while ago, pre rebook days judging by the shorts and sponsors.

If people can't figure out the difference between doing that to a fighter like McGregor and a fighter like Shalarus many moons ago, well I don't know what to tell you.

I'd say your over investment in either hating or loving McGregor or Khabib too much is gonna make you miss the enjoyment of all this. There's a true possibility of Khabib doing his thang or McGregor doing his.

It's exciting beyond showing gifs from 6 and a half years ago as some sort of proof of anything.

Shalorus was on Iran’s national wrestling team. Yeah, Iran’s not all that big, but, if I recall correctly, they have produced some pretty decent wrestlers. Granted, this is MMA, not wrestling, but the sequence shown is almost pure wrestling. I would expect that version of Shalorus to out wrestle any version of McGregor.

1. Slip, block or eat 1 punch
2. Shoot takedown
3. If takedown is stuffed, chain another takedown
4. Chain
5. Chain
6. Chain
7. Takedown
3. Smesh

Yes.. that is why a much smaller Mendes, with a 5 day training camp didn't take Conor down even once and instead got instantly KOd with the very first strike THE MASTER OF TIMING AND DISTANCE threw at him..

g-pxDQ8ABqj9OlAUxuq2_MA-XQ1ngkiBlTgUsqmK71VNoUCl2NYz2xG1hbscSpOFE2R1Ew8n0_cFsAu9fljt9aKQTKZjAM4Dcb7GwhLx_uEDya6JnpT2RNIEjB5tHGiOsQ-imoUpSOYYOTqPhIWsUC4=w450-h252-nc

I swear, being a McNugget should be considered a mental disorder

There is ZERO chance Conor can do anything attacking once taken down.

There is ZERO chance Khabib can throw anything attacking that can even threaten McGregor in a striking sense.

I think Khabib will get him down at some point.
I think Conor will crack his chin at some point with a left hand down the middle.

Which happens first? Who is a better chance to recover from each event?
Fucked if I know.

Khabib doesn't need the clinch. I think quite possible that he takes Conor down off a single leg or even by catching one of his kicks (I am sure that these will be a big part of Conor's gameplan) and advancing from there.

HarmlessLoneBarb-max-14mb.gif

I know the fanbois will claim that Conor will magically find Khabib's chin as he shoots, but let's be real - this is what Conor will actually do:

Mendes-takedown-McGregor-1.gif

The one time he faced a serious TD threat, his famed countering ability wasn't quite there. And don't say it was because his knee was injured, couldn't train wrestling, etc... where were those pin point counters?

mendestagsconor2.gif

GargantuanFlakyBaldeagle.gif

CaringWebbedFurseal.gif

And remember: Conor has 8 minutes to finish this fight. Once he gasses and his power goes, Khabib will take him down at will.
How come mentioning Conor's knee injury isn't a valid point. He said he tore 80 percent of his ACL in training. Even if he's exaggerating his knee was definitely compromised. Also he did a media world tour for Aldo not Mendes. Changing fights at the last minute fucks with you no matter who you are.

If I remember, most the FWs got him up against the fence more than once.

Khabib mauls all his training partners at AKA outside of DC/Cain.

Back