Can any Khabib fan tell me how he’s going to close the distance?

tenor.gif

Hahahaha one can only fucking hope!!!!

One of 2 things can happen. There are literally no other ways it can play out. Scientists have built a model that has played it through 1,000,000 times and these are the only 2 possible scenarios. No room for argument or discussion. Science.

1. McGregor is mystified by moves he's never seen before in all of his boxing/mma training and Khabib indeed closes the gap for the takedown.

2. McGregor sees what's happening and returns fire with dance fight moves of his own. Herb Dean calls a controversial early stoppage for "too much stanky leg" and Khabib wins on a technicality.

My money's on 2.

You’re overlooking that Khabib is the champ. Now, you don’t normally see champs wear the belt to the ring, but he will. He will get in the cage and give the belt to Conor. When Conor holds a belt, he becomes unable to defend. Khabib can proceed to take him down anyway he wants.

I think its worth flipping the question.

How can Conor be sure of knocking Khabib out with his one punch left, BEFORE Khabib closes the distance, ties him up and takes him down?

Khabib has much more chance of success here.

In saying that, if Conor ran away from Nate, he's sure as hell to try and stay away from Khabib, the pussy.

honest question and I want honest answers.

Conor is the best in MMA at timing and distance control. It was on full display in the dismantling of Alvarez. The way he was at just enough distance to goad Eddie into throwing only to get punished and dropped is a good indicator for this match up.

Khabib needs to get Conor to the fence to chain wrestle. He’s not an explosive double leg type wrestler. His grappling is good at chain wrestling and keeping already downed opponents on the ground.

So I’ll ask, how does Khabib plan to close the distance against Conor with out being hurt by counter shots. There’s no way Khabib can avoid being put in danger. His striking is pretty amateurish to use that to close the distance. So how does he do it?

Khabib used to wrestle bears man, pretty sure he can take down a little angry leprechaun.

Totally impossible to think that Khabib would manage to get a takedown in this fight. Might as well just declare Connor the winner and give him the belt.

Based on the replies in this thread Conor has no chance.

Same way he did in other fights. You're overrating Conor's KO power also, he hit Nate with a few dozen clean shots to the head and chin and couldn't put him away, he's only a hard hitter against smaller opponents, he had to knock Eddie down repeatedly and then got an early stoppage. He isnt one punch KOing guys at 155 like when he had a huge size advantage at 145. Khabib isn't going out like that, sorry to break it to the Connie fanboys.

funny to see people are questioning Khabibs ability to take someone down.
they are talking about things like ''He’s not an explosive double leg type wrestler''
yes, they are right he is not but he doesnt need this, he was always able to take his opponents down and Conor is not different.

lets not act like only a good double leg type of wrestler is only able to take Conor down.

Something like this... with a million different variations...
VainPoliteBlowfish-max-14mb.gif
So I'm gonna say first that I'm not even a "fan" of McGregor. I like watching the dude fight cuz he's exciting but I don't care much past that about the guy. I'm really pumped for this fight because both parties are awesome.

But why do people keep going to the well with this Shalarus gif garbage? That dude is 9-5-2 and that fight was very clearly from a long while ago, pre rebook days judging by the shorts and sponsors.

If people can't figure out the difference between doing that to a fighter like McGregor and a fighter like Shalarus many moons ago, well I don't know what to tell you.

I'd say your over investment in either hating or loving McGregor or Khabib too much is gonna make you miss the enjoyment of all this. There's a true possibility of Khabib doing his thang or McGregor doing his.

It's exciting beyond showing gifs from 6 and a half years ago as some sort of proof of anything.

There is only one man that can help Khabib win this fight

It’s a name many of you probably forgot

Jonas Bilharhino

go and watch how he took down yaquinta. He didn't go head on, he dropped down and took out his base just with a grip on his ankle. there was no chnace for al to even catch him

The real question is: How Conor can stop the takedowns?

I'm 100% sure Conor will be dead once Khabib gets on top of him,

Better stop the takedowns McGregor.

I disagree
Alvarez has far better striking fundamentals and is a much bigger threat to land a bomb, that's why he was able to do it.
Lmao, Okie Dokie, what you just said has nothing to do with shit. Try and let the people that don't spew bullshit talk.

Conor will knock the beard right off of Khashook & the Conor resistance's new god will then be made out to be a can just like everyone is now saying about their past god Alvarez.

giphy.gif

Khabib's very lucky to still have his undefeated record in tact... so lets not get silly. A different judge on the same night & all that hype would be gone.

Khabib has only a few top level wins.

I disagree
Alvarez has far better striking fundamentals and is a much bigger threat to land a bomb, that's why he was able to do it.
lmao alvarez is a sloppy brawler who gets hit a lot. Suddenly he is a 2008 Machida.
The threat of a takedown from Khabib will be much bigger than Alvarez. Conor knows he stands no chance stuffing that td. You know that there are wresslers who outstrike strikers due to the td threat?
Conor can ko any lw in seconds but if he doesnt finish it quickly it will be a terrible night for him.

I dunno what's worse, both sets from either side of the fence talk soooooo much shit lol.

Is gonna be a wicked fight, am looking forward to it a lot.
Let's see what happens.

Ps, to all you haters out there, there's a big difference between 145,155 & 170.
Noforgayjesus.

Back