Can Amanda Nunes beat Cyborg ??

SnakeBites

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'm starting to think she can. American Top Team have turned her into a beast. It would be a super fight indeed. What do you guys think? Can she win?

Would watch, let Amanda defend 1 more time. In that time hopefully Cyborg gets away with only a 6 month suspension, then returns and wins the 145 belt and then we get to see this as a superfight. Would watch, even though I'm not huge on WMMA.

Cyborg will never agree to fight Amanda.

Amanda is a legit fighter, cyborg wants no part of that.

She could've fought Tate/Ronda/Holly etc. for years but refused to give up her weight advantage to do it, no reason she would come down to meet Amanda unless Amanda decided to go up to 145.

Amanda is a legit fighter, cyborg wants no part of that.
Agree. She called out Ronda Holm and tate when they were at the top and fought a 40-0 muay thai champ but wants no part of Amands Nunes lol

She could've fought Tate/Ronda/Holly etc. for years but refused to give up her weight advantage to do it, no reason she would come down to meet Amanda unless Amanda decided to go up to 145.
A super fight could be set up at 140. Wouldn't Cyborg agree to that?

It's always to the guy in the smaller weight category to go up. GSP should have fought Anderson,Anderson should have fought Jones,Aldo should have fought Pettis,MM should've fought Cruz and so on.
Never seen anyone tell Jones,GSP,Anderson to lose muscle and strenght to go down in weight class. And Amanda just like Ronda are big girls who fought at 145 before. So that fits in perfectly.

A super fight could be set up at 140. Wouldn't Cyborg agree to that?

Cris Cyborg wants to be a UFC champion, and has repeatedly said that she’s open to fighting the UFC’s best women’s bantamweights in superfights at 140 pounds.
But the Invicta FC champion made it clear Saturday night that she was not willing to fight newly minted 135-pound titleholder Amanda Nunes.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/cyborg-doesn-t-want-to-fight-new-ufc-champ-amanda-nunes-071016

Watch how quickly Dana tries to force Amanda into taking a 145 super fight. Meanwhile Ronda was protected from 140 catch weights.

Amanda could beat Cyborg tho.

Amanda def has better boxing

Cyborgs big tho.

Great fight, would watch.

In the new WME/UFC era I can see them all about the super fight card as they've got to recoup the investment, so a Cyborg Nunes fight is a strong possibility. Where it would be held could be interesting as Brazil would make sense, but Vegas would produce a bigger live gate.

I like the thought of this fight. Two heavy hitters, I think this could go either way to be honest. I think Cyborg has maybe the more experience but Nunes is a real beast.

A good fight to watch, one worthy of the UFC not like most of the women fights.

Back