Can a manlet be an A level athlete?

I agree that the term 'manlet' is created and used primarily by internet basement dwellers who are compensating for their lack of manliness and are intrinsically insecure when they see a tough mans sport like MMA.
I dont know what the term means nowadays
Apparently most current and former MMA and UFC champs fit this category.

A few examples

Fedor : 5"10-5"11
Randy Couture: 5"10-5"11
Rickson Gracie: 5"9
Ken Shamrock: 5"10-5"11
Frank Shamrock 5"9
GSP: 5"10
Khabib 5"9
DC: 5"9
Gastelum: 5"9

Rocky Marciano :5"8-9
View attachment 506389

The only undefeated HW boxer of all time and symbol of American manliness for 50 years.
Now labelled a 'manlet' by lanky sherdog basement dwellers.
You can see who are the actual 'manlets' lol, and I dont think it has much to do with height.
John L Sullivan was 5'10", he was also a symbol of manliness for many years
Looking at MMA, 5'8" Romero takes it. One of the most dangerous fighters on the roster

Are size and athleticism what determines an A level athlete? With Hardy coming to the UFC I’ve been seeing a lot of discussion about A level athletes. The common consensus seems to be that they are all making bank in the NFL and the NBA. These sports are generally filled with big men, but there are outliers. Muggsy Bogues is 5’3 and 135 lbs. He was in the NBA for 14 seasons. Does he make the cut?

Of course he does, moron. Do you know how exceptional you need to be to make the NBA at 5'3"? Or like Spud Webb at 5'6"? Some dudes are just tall oafs in the NBA. It takes an extremely high level of skill to make it as a smaller player.

Last edited:
u fatties need to stop projecting your insecurities onto manlets

Them being short doesn't mean they don't own you in every aspect of life

Exactly. Every time I hear someone use the term "manlet" I think "here's another fatty trying to put a short athlete down".

I understand this. I know guys like Mendes are incredibly athletic. I was really looking for clarification on the A level athlete. Is Mendes and A level athlete?

You just said you understand, but then you don't seem to understand. Amazing.

m96jjd.jpg

<LikeReally5> All terms/words are made up, welcome to the origin of spoken word.

Thank you Captain Obvious, however some terms have shaky origins among fat, sweaty, insecure teenagers.

I really would like to get an ACTUAL definition of an A-level athlete, like an objective one. What does one have to do to be an A-level athlete?

I really would like to get an ACTUAL definition of an A-level athlete, like an objective one. What does one have to do to be an A-level athlete?
That’s all I was trying to ascertain! And people here think I’m a lanky twat picking on manlets!

? In what way would the length of an athlete determine how athletic they are? There are probably way more A level athletes that are "manlets" according to Sherdog than there are bigger guys.

The only important thing to note is that nobody in this thread is an A level athlete.

I doubt there are even any D level athletes here.

Yes you can TS!
Just train consistently, eat properly and rest well.

The real question is, has anyone eactually heard that word outside outside of the internet? What's this beef between tall obese MMA fans and short guys?
A waitress i worked with called another co worker a manlet about 5 years ago. That was my first time hearing that word.

She’s about 45 and I highly doubt she reads forums so I dunno where she got it from.

Being a good athelete greatly depends on body type and sport, so yeah. Kenyans are A level athletes in distance running but like F level in sprinting. This idea that there is a general athletic ability that applies to all sports is BS.

Who do you consider a manlet?
Only guys below 5'10", or below 6'
TRUE manlet status IMO would be any full grown male under 5’8, with a majority of real manlets in that 5’3-5’6 range

5’9-6’ is manaverage
6’1+ is manmore

Back