Can a card headined by Fedor reach a Million buys?

i think affliction already tried. they got slightly higher ppv buys than a mighty mousr card

I love Fedor, but casual fans don't know who he is.

If a PPV of his hits even 300k it's going to be a big success. He needs some big HW wins so the modern audiences can learn who he is.

Not in his first fight back, I dont really see it happening.

Of course Fedor can do 1000K PPV buys. He used to do a fraction of that and now is he well past his prime. Think about it.

Obviously It will take a huge offer to get Fedor to sign with the UFC and we all want it to happen. But solely from a financial standpoint, do you guys think it will be worth it? Can Fedor generate huge numbers or it will only please us hardcore fans?

I was about to repeat what is so often said which is that Fedor has historically not been a big draw and that was not likely to change at this point. But then I thought about the 6 months or so interval between when he is signed and when he has his first fight. And then I thought about the Pride library and the UFC's ability to suck in gullible fans just by repeating the same messages over and over and then I wasn't so sure.

However, I also wonder if they have the guts to go full tilt with promotion for him before he fights?

Not as a headliner

He can be a major piece of a million buy card though. GOAT vs Aldo with Fedor's debut against Arlovski or someone as co-main would probably do quite well. Or if they could talk Brock into somehow making his return too

A card with a bunch of HW fights ...

Werdum vs Arlovski

Fedor vs JDS

Cain vs Stipe

That is the best card you can put together from any weight class.

If promoted correctly it's the biggest PPV ever or I'll eat the lid of my Reebok kit.

A card with a bunch of HW fights ...

Werdum vs Arlovski

Fedor vs JDS

Cain vs Stipe

That is the best card you can put together from any weight class.

If promoted correctly it's the biggest PPV ever or I'll eat the lid of my Reebok kit.

You think a card with 6 fighters that have never been proven draws would do 1.7m buys?

How is that Reebok lid tasting?
:icon_twis

One million is a lot of PPV's for anyone on their UFC debut, especially as no really hyped opponent exists for him to fight.

You look at the current situation at HW though, Werdum/Cain only drew 300K and I think Fedor/Werdum 2 with some hype behind it could do a lot better than that.

If they put on a marketing machine of him, make all promos be pro as fuck and include not only MMA footage, but also Sambo & Judo footage, shiiieeet. It would have to be more than that though, they'd need Ronda, Conor &/or Jones. Maybe GSP in there too. If they had all 5 of those stars, fuuuck it'd be absolutely crazy! 1.5 at least.

The young MMA crowd who idolize Ronda and Conor have NO clue who Fedor is. No way.

So many are missing what the TS asked.
He said HEADLINED a PPV, not undercard to a bigger fight.

The only HW fight I see is Brock & Vince isn't doing that.
If Bones was scheduled back & if he wasn't promised a title fight ASAP than ... 'maybe' at LHW (if Fedor could get there)

No. Despite what shertards believe, Fedor was never a draw. Coker himself is on record saying they never made a dime in Strikeforce off Fedor cards.

This. Fedor is huge to us hardcore fans, but almost all casual fans have no clue/don't care.

It seems like most people don't see that happening (or even close). So is signing Fedor a bad business decision? At the end of the day, will he cost more money than he'll generate?

Back