Cameron Earle high level bjj american black belt rapist story from a friend

What I find strange about this story is he actually had success with girls and turned into a serial rapist. I was always under the assumption most of these guys were loner, loser types.

I would not be surprised if something happened to him sexually when he was younger. It looks like he had a rough child hood. It is obvious he was a very sick individual. The sad thing is who knows how many girls he sexually assaulted that didn't come forward.

Not strange when you think about it, rape is about power and control. One detail in the article that was really noteworthy was his stepfather physically abusing him, no doubt that had an effect on his views regarding violence and control.

What a story. I think it gives insight to some people drawing wagons around TLI, but its likely to come to sad end as well.

that's depressing.

you have to wonder how his life would have gone if he had gotten some kind of help.

First time I heard of this man. Very interesting back story. He obviously had all the talent in the world and being able to beat guys like Marcelo Garcia proves that.

If anything this is a cautionary tale for folks out there(medal chasers anyone?) He was an elite level bjj player/bjj was his main identity, but did it bring him happiness? Did it fulfill some intrinsic core needs? No, it didn't. Whatever issues he had bjj was not going to fix it one bit.

No sane person would throw their life away like he did. He was a seriously disturbed individual who just happened to be interested in grappling/bjj/martial art but not for the positive healthy aspect of it.

If anything, I would envy more the person living a balance, normal, bjj life than live the life of a medal chaser who might not know how to have a life outside of bjj/ competition.

damn that dude was messed up, also didn't know that you can get 25 to life for rape, isn't that usually handed out for murder?

winning under Rickson's tournament doesn't fucking count lol, those rules are stupid as shit, 1 point for PASSING guard but 3 points for a shitty toehold attempt?

winning under Rickson's tournament doesn't fucking count lol, those rules are stupid as shit, 1 point for PASSING guard but 3 points for a shitty toehold attempt?

you beat marcelo garcia at any kind of grappling comp. and then talk maybe?

To clarify, there were initially two separate cases against Cameron. These cases and reports are archived and publicly available, search for Cameron Lee Earle born 1977. I will offer a quick summary to each case below before my reaction to each of the charges and Cameron's alibi.

The first and far more serious was the attempted rape charge. Early morning a girl was loading her car in a public parking lot for work and was attacked by knife wielding assailant. The assailant apparently tried to drag her into her car but she managed to fight him off, he then jumped into his truck and drove away. The assailant was described as tall, slightly built and speaking in broken spanish. Two weeks after the fact she saw Cameron in a parking lot, and convinced he was the one who attacked her followed him to an address, then got her brother who called the police.

I have no doubt this poor girl was assaulted. Whether the assailant was Cameron was a different matter. First it's very important to note that he wasn't the first person she identified, she had followed and called the police on someone else the week prior. Secondly, Cameron doesn't fit the description of being slight or Mexican (he's pretty well built and half asian) and I put his spanish on par with Beavis and Butthead's in that episode they almost get kicked out of school. There was a sketch done that could have resembled him, but no mention or recollection of one Cameron's most prominent features, his gnarly cauliflower ears. And finally, as even Cameron's biggest detractors would admit too, the idea of an "attempted rape" by Cameron seemed ludicrous. The girl was described as being small in stature. There is little doubt in my mind someone as well trained as Cameron would have little trouble controlling an untrained female who was much weaker than he was.

The second case was indecent exposure, and apparently Cameron flashed his genitals to a girl as he was driving by, calling out for her to come here.

In this case there was little doubt that this was Cameron, his car (a buick with the punisher logo painted on the hood) was way too distinct and he admitted to being this person. His explanation however was that instead of calling to the girl he was looking for his dog (Cameron had multiple dog which he loved but did not keep track of very well and they often got out). As far as flashing he claimed he was peeing out of his car which is weird, but not unheard of for him. (He actually once pointed out a bottle of urine in his car as I rode with him, much to my disgust).

When the charges and arrest came out the academy was initially supportive of him because we believed him to be innocent on the basis of mistaken identity and some incredible stupid (for anyone besides Cameron) circumstances. This wasn't just close friends and fans assessment of the situation but even folks who didn't like Cameron and the off the record opinion of a few police officers. His bail was set high, and Ralph himself even initially fronted the bail money until Cameron's girlfriend at the time could raise it, and one of his students even put up his house as collateral. We got him out just in time to compete in ADCC 2005 where he turned in a decent performance, for a man who spent the month prior in jail. Although I saw and talked to Cameron during this time, it was less frequently than years past when were near constant companions as he had long since moved out of my apartment (and I had moved in with my then girlfriend) and was splitting time between girlfriend and students. I was the best man at his wedding, a really quick affair in Las Vegas to a different girl he had only met a month prior.

Cameron was out on bail for sometime as he was fighting the case, which actually took awhile to come to trial and he had some high profile matches in that time with mixed results. He had a public defended on the case, and the strategy was to plead no contest on the lesser indecent exposure charge, and not guilty on the attempted rape charge. The cases were actually combined in court, and after about a week trial Cameron was found guilty on both charges. The judge did not take him into custody right away, but scheduled the sentencing for a month later. So Cameron then skips town.

Which was about the shittiest thing you could do. Firstly, his student's house is on the line, which is a terrible thing to do to a friend. Also, as Cameron and I were close so every one assumed I had something to do with his running, while the God honest truth is that I had no idea where he was. I did tell people I didn't think he was smart enough to stay inconspicuous for too long however (remember what i said about him being practically a savant). I actually tried to find him myself during this time (what I would do with him if I caught him I'm not entirely sure). He was eventually picked up in Oregon going by the name Ryan Garcia (Ryan Gracie Marcelo Garcia) while training at some dojo up there. Word is he tried to pass himself off as a new student, which was quickly figured out and an even darker rumor is that the knew who he was but let him train because he was just too valuable. An interesting coincidence is he got picked up the day before I got my black belt, and tried to call me that morning, to say that day is among the most memorable of my life is an understatement.

I did eventually talk to Cameron on the phone, but failed to see him when he brought back to San Jose. I was more than a bit pissed at him for putting me and everyone else through this, especially when did nothing but try to help him. Furthermore, I still believed him to be innocent (at least of the attempted rape) at this time and figured he could have appealed the case. He could have done a lot of things but he picked the dumbest, shittiest thing to do and it made it very hard to defend his character at this point. The judge was pretty pissed also and gave him the maximum sentence which was about seven years I think. I was still steaming until I finally decided to go see him at jail, by that point he was already transferred into the prison system.

We did keep up correspondence through letters, him about his daily routines and me about news from the outside. About a year later, his case is actually heard and conviction is overturned by the California State Supreme Court. This was a pretty landmark ruling in the judicial system because to my knowledge this had never happened in California before for these types of charges. It's also worth noting that the reason wasn't because they thought Cameron was necessarily innocent, but because combining two separate charges from two separate incidents in one trial was grossly unfair I believe what ruling said.

I got a call from a reporter from the San Jose Mercury news and I'm initially elated (again, I had thought Cameron innocent this whole time) when he dropped this bombshell on me: that Cameron's DNA proved a match for a cold case for rape unrelated to these two cases. Apparently a man masked man broke into some poor woman's house on Christmas Eve, raped her knifepoint, ejaculated in her hair and stole a coffee pot. The DNA turned out to match Cameron Earle's. Worst feeling ever, and however I rationalized his not being responsible for the first two instances, there was no way I can refute DNA, with this evidence there is no doubt in my mind that he is guilty.

I am in no way making light of rape, but that part made me laugh.

That was an amazing story. I am actually surprised more people don't have acquaintences like Cameron Earl

I got a call from a reporter from the San Jose Mercury news and I'm initially elated (again, I had thought Cameron innocent this whole time) when he dropped this bombshell on me: that Cameron's DNA proved a match for a cold case for rape unrelated to these two cases. Apparently a man masked man broke into some poor woman's house on Christmas Eve, raped her knifepoint, ejaculated in her hair and stole a coffee pot. The DNA turned out to match Cameron Earle's. Worst feeling ever, and however I rationalized his not being responsible for the first two instances, there was no way I can refute DNA, with this evidence there is no doubt in my mind that he is guilty.

I'm confused, it THIS what he is serving time for right now, or is the whole assaulting the woman in the car thing and indecent exposure?

Cameron is serving 25 to life and I honestly don't believe he will ever get out, nor do I think he has a place in polite society any more. I'm reading some of the comments on the recent threads about who will be raping who in prison, but I also have heard that Cameron has been beat down pretty severely in there, to the point he is missing most of his teeth now. And if a guy like Cameron Earle a guy who was described as the fighter who intimidates other fighters can get beat down, the two in custody now are going to get eaten alive.

That is interesting, maybe the nature of the crime effected how he was treated in prison. In his interviews the MMA fighter War Machine always would talk about how he was treated well by other prisoners and how they wanted him to teach them stuff etc

damn that dude was messed up, also didn't know that you can get 25 to life for rape, isn't that usually handed out for murder?

Yeah, that seems high for rape. Mike Tyson got like 7 years.

What I find strange about this story is he actually had success with girls and turned into a serial rapist. I was always under the assumption most of these guys were loner, loser types.

It's important that we don't hold to stereotypes too closely. Often rapists look at women as objects, and that can show because they have no interaction with them or because they have so many girlfriends. Plenty of rapists are married men with families, others are police officers or community leaders. Rape isn't about attacking someone because you couldn't get laid some other way, rape is a power fetish.

Life sentences with no possibility for parole are cruel and unusual. Removing the rehabilitation, or possibility of rehabilitation, entirely from an incarceration system is barbaric. No wonder why the U.S.' crime rate is so obscenely high compared to other G9 nations. - E

Back