Media Calzahge-Manfredo: This is one of the worst stoppages, ref stops it over missed punches

I remember this fight years ago. Peter Manfredo goes to the UK to fight Joe Calzaghe. The ref stops the fight over some weak ass flurries of slap punches, and many of them were missing, Manfredo was covering up which is what a lot of fighters do to black with the double guard this ref through out the fight was eager to find a moment to give the fight to Calzaghe

One of the worst stoppages ever. I time stamped it make sure you watch the slow mo replay lol its funny those last punches didn't even land and Manfredo was ducking and slipping those slaps yet the ref jumps in. He saved Joe he knew Manfredo would mount a comeback and Joe could punch himself out so he jumps in to stop it before Manfredo and come back with his own.

He saved joe lol!

No one, other than you, thinks that manfredo could have ever beat calzaghe! The only guy to really give joe a fight was robin Reid. And hed knock manfredo out as well.

I met Manfredo once at the HOF. I asked him about the the Joey Spina fight and even tho he knocked the shit out of him in a good fight, I got the feeling he still legit hated the guy. Idk. I also was about 20ft from Paulie but I hated him back then and he had just had the whole dread cutting incident so I purposely avoided him. I regret not talking to him now, tho.

Iirc correctly this one was a "doozy." This was the battle of Prov city when Andrade was just a wee one.
edit: nm Manfredo just kicked his ass. Spina is not very good.

Last edited:
Back