Calzaghe will stop Pavlik if they meet

Yes, because we all know how pavlik crashes mentally( If you don't crash mentally after getting brutally knocked down by the reigning champion, who at the time, was undefeated against great opposition I dont think "wilting" is an option especially against someone like Joe ). If a 43 year old hopkins dropped him (not too mention the fact that I thought bernard won a clear as day decision) what makes you think a younger, hungrier, and more powerful champion wont take him out?

If you think Pavlik is a better fighter than Bernard Hopkins even at 43 years old you should finish the rest of pre-school then move on through the education system before posting!

I'm not saying he's not good but you idiots thinking he is going to beat Mayweather what are you smoking??

Great win against an ageing Shane Mosley by a round or 2!!! Mayweather would have schooled Mosley and you know it!!

Wow way to put words in my mouth and change the subject jackass. You said Cotto wasn't top ten P4P and you're a complete moron for saying it. I never said he would beat Mayweather so learn to read. Did Mayweather KO Judah? A win over Mosely is just as impressive as a win over an aging De La Hoya in which Floyd was 1 judges point away from getting a draw. You really are fucking clueless. Floyd's last 6 opponents were Gatti (overrated), Judah (good win but Cotto KOed him), Baldomir(journeyman), Sharmba Mitchell (old), and an overrated undersized Ricky Hatton. Cotto may not beat Mayweather but he would be by far the toughest opponent out there right now but an idiot like you wouldn't understand that. For Christ's sake you actually think an old Winky Wright and a way past his prime Roy Jones could beat Kelly Pavlik.

Yes, because we all know how pavlik crashes mentally( If you don't crash mentally after getting brutally knocked down by the reigning champion, who at the time, was undefeated against great opposition I dont think "wilting" is an option especially against someone like Joe ). If a 43 year old hopkins dropped him (not too mention the fact that I thought bernard won a clear as day decision) what makes you think a younger, hungrier, and more powerful champion wont take him out?

Ignoring the Hopkins bit, well getting comprehensively out-boxed for 12 rounds which I believe will happen if they meet will mess his head up. Realising that you don't have anything to beat the man in front of you and you never will, will do that to you.

Bunch of weird posss in this thread.

Pavlik vs. Calzaghe is another fight that has decision outcome written all over it.

Power edge to Pavlik offset by Joe's experience and a damn solid chin.

Chances are a fight between the two would go the full 12 rounds.

Wow way to put words in my mouth and change the subject jackass. You said Cotto wasn't top ten P4P and you're a complete moron for saying it. I never said he would beat Mayweather so learn to read. Did Mayweather KO Judah? A win over Mosely is just as impressive as a win over an aging De La Hoya in which Floyd was 1 judges point away from getting a draw. You really are fucking clueless. Floyd's last 6 opponents were Gatti (overrated), Judah (good win but Cotto KOed him), Baldomir(journeyman), Sharmba Mitchell (old), and an overrated undersized Ricky Hatton. Cotto may not beat Mayweather but he would be by far the toughest opponent out there right now but an idiot like you wouldn't understand that. For Christ's sake you actually think an old Winky Wright and a way past his prime Roy Jones could beat Kelly Pavlik.

The thread is about Pavlik so I don't know why everyone's getting pissed that I said Mayweather would beat Cotto. I like Cotto and think he will probably be the best P4P Fighter on earth after Mayweather and Pacquiao retire.
Considering on paper Hatton and DLH where Mayweather's toughest opponents to date I can't see how you think Cotto's latest fights were anymore impressive a win over Gomez lmao. But this thread isnt about that and I really do like Cotto I just don't think he'll beat Mayweather or even come close so calm down. If he puts in a good performance against Margaritto then it will definetly cement his place in my top p4p rankings somewhere between 6-10 if he's not there already! So if you want to discuss Cotto and preach him to me there really is no need I am sold on him but he's not the best WW out there and wont be til Mayweather retires.

Pavlik on the other hand, If he fights Winky Wright next fight, Which Im sure he won't because he'd get outboxed Winky would school him. I don't know how you can say an "old" Winky Wright when he came on strong against Hopkins who's a much toughter opponent than Pavlik only a year ago. The Lockett fight will be much tougher than people think for Kelly, I'm not saying he's going to lose but he will be exposed wait and see! And about Roy Jones Jr. If you read another post of mine I said I just but that in for effect but do believe Wright, Hopkins, Calzaghe would beat Pavlik!

If Jermain Taylor didn't stop Pavlik, Calzaghe isn't going to. Any stoppage that Joe gets would come via cuts. I will say that I think Calzaghe could certainly out-box Pavlik and earn a comfortable decision, but a stoppage just wouldn't seem right.

And for what it's worth, Floyd Mayweather would beat Miguel Cotto.

Calzaghe wouldn't stop Pavlik imo, but i do think he would win a unanimous decision. Calzaghe is so fast and gives so many different angles that he would beat Pavlik on points.

This is a fight that I'm interested in seeing if it happens. You can never count out Pavlik since he's such a heavy hitter, but Calzaghe is so methodical that he always seems to be one step ahead of you. Not sure who I would pick or root for since I'm a fan of them both.

If you think Pavlik is a better fighter than Bernard Hopkins even at 43 years old you should finish the rest of pre-school then move on through the education system before posting!

Youre just an all out idiot. I provide facts and statements behind my opinions and the best you can do is act like a wanker and tell me to graduate pre-school before posting. Gather some info to support your opinions before posting.

Is everyone so sure Calzaghe beats him after the Hopkins fight? I mean I know he won but he wasnt dominate like we've seen before, and Nard is 43 compared to Pavlik's 26.

Youre just an all out idiot. I provide facts and statements behind my opinions and the best you can do is act like a wanker and tell me to graduate pre-school before posting. Gather some info to support your opinions before posting.

How do I need to provide info to tell you that Bernard Hopkins is better than Kelly Pavlik? Anyone who knows anything about Boxing knows that is a fact!

How do I need to provide info to tell you that Bernard Hopkins is better than Kelly Pavlik? Anyone who knows anything about Boxing knows that is a fact!

At this point in their career, I disagree.

No one in boxing is comparable to Hopkins whatever his age, that fight gives no clues to the outcome of a Pavlik Vs Calzaghe fight imo... People should stop looking to that fight for anything. In my opinion, this fight would be more like the Lacy fight. Young, hungry powerful fighter with nowhere near the same skill-set gets schooled by the speed, brain & accuracy of Calzaghe... I hope it's staged in USA too if it happens.

who has the better punch, who has the better chin, who has the better stamina, who has the better skills... answer that and you have you're winner

No one in boxing is comparable to Hopkins whatever his age, that fight gives no clues to the outcome of a Pavlik Vs Calzaghe fight imo... People should stop looking to that fight for anything. In my opinion, this fight would be more like the Lacy fight. Young, hungry powerful fighter with nowhere near the same skill-set gets schooled by the speed, brain & accuracy of Calzaghe... I hope it's staged in USA too if it happens.

Except Pavlik has much stronger boxing fundamentals than Lacy, more intangibles, and the other differences are debatable.

Is everyone so sure Calzaghe beats him after the Hopkins fight? I mean I know he won but he wasnt dominate like we've seen before, and Nard is 43 compared to Pavlik's 26.

Apart from prime Roy Jones (against an early hopkins) who has ever dominated Hopkins??

Back