Calzaghe will stop Pavlik if they meet

I'd say theres a good chance that Joe would stop Pavlik who is a nobody really. Reading in the Ring edition this month on the review of Boxing it shows the top 10 P4P and how many other Ranked fighters they have fought ranked by the ring. My favourites are top with Mayweather 1st by a landslide then Hopkins, Then Pacquiao with I think Cotto and Hatton, Then Calzaghe. Out of the top 10 P4P Pavlik is bottom of the list from memory with Vasquez as the only person Kelly Pavlik has beat his Jermaine Taylor. Who won the belt from a guy who was struggling to make the weight (as can be seen by his move up drastically 15lbs asoon as he lost the rematch.
After winning the belt off a struggling to make weight Hopkins Taylor defended against unheard ofs and Corey Spinks who is top 5 in his own division but not Middleweight. Therefore Pavlik is overrated imo and is just having alot of smoke blown up his ass by White Americans who want a white american champ.
As much as I think Cotto is over-rated atleast he has fought better oposition than Pavlik. Joe would destory him probably via late stoppage or Landslide points victory

I'd say theres a good chance that Joe would stop Pavlik who is a nobody really. Reading in the Ring edition this month on the review of Boxing it shows the top 10 P4P and how many other Ranked fighters they have fought ranked by the ring. My favourites are top with Mayweather 1st by a landslide then Hopkins, Then Pacquiao with I think Cotto and Hatton, Then Calzaghe. Out of the top 10 P4P Pavlik is bottom of the list from memory with Vasquez as the only person Kelly Pavlik has beat his Jermaine Taylor. Who won the belt from a guy who was struggling to make the weight (as can be seen by his move up drastically 15lbs asoon as he lost the rematch.
After winning the belt off a struggling to make weight Hopkins Taylor defended against unheard ofs and Corey Spinks who is top 5 in his own division but not Middleweight. Therefore Pavlik is overrated imo and is just having alot of smoke blown up his ass by White Americans who want a white american champ.
As much as I think Cotto is over-rated atleast he has fought better oposition than Pavlik. Joe would destory him probably via late stoppage or Landslide points victory

hopcalz-1.gif

That is just great.

Pavlik over Calzaghe, if anyone gets stopped its Joe.

I think the fact that Pavlik is long and stays busy would make it interesting. He has a way of overwhelming people with his pressure and strength. The problem for him is that Calzaghe is a moving target and a southpaw at that. I couldn't see Calzaghe stopping him and I think it would be closer than what most people think. But I think Calzaghe wins a decision. Pavlik has two punches in his arsenal (jab - right hand) and even with his length, strength and power he doesn't have enough variety to beat Calzaghe.

I think the fact that Pavlik is long and stays busy would make it interesting. He has a way of overwhelming people with his pressure and strength. The problem for him is that Calzaghe is a moving target and a southpaw at that. I couldn't see Calzaghe stopping him and I think it would be closer than what most people think. But I think Calzaghe wins a decision. Pavlik has two punches in his arsenal (jab - right hand) and even with his length, strength and power he doesn't have enough variety to beat Calzaghe.

See, ppl think thats his arsenal. It is his bread and butter but youve never seen anything else from him because he hasnt needed to use anything else.If Joe fought kelly wouldnt be an undefeated fighter anymore. Kelly is just too strong and good at what he does. Only thing I see in joes favor is hand speed.

Calzage should out point Pavlik, but if anyone gets stopped it's Calzage.

I think he wins a lopsided UD. A younger Calzaghe would've stopped him but them hand problems have stopped him throwing the big shots anymore. I think Pavlik will ensure he still punches back while Calzaghe is throwing 'punches in bunches' but you never know. Unless Pavlik feels he can score the KO it wouldn't be smart of him to take this fight..

Calzaghe wouldnt be able to knockout Pavlik Tomorrow, today, yesterday or any other day. Calzaghe isnt a knockout puncher. Style make fights and I honestly believe Pavlik will stand a godo chance. I'll put my money on Calzaghe but its not exactly a tune up for Cal.

You know. Makes me think. I think. Maybe pavlik shouldnt take this fight. If he loses- He's overrated. If he wins- calzaghe is over the hill. Nothing to win really.

i also see calz by UD ...pavlik is a good fighter, but imo his style is exactly for calz....hopkins is a defensive whiz who gave joe alot of problems...pavlik is a swarmer with minimal lateral movement and suspect defense (lacy anyone?)....Joe UD Pavlik 117-111

calzaghe might beat him but I don't see pavlik getting KOed.

People have really missed something here, stoppage doesn't have to be a straight one punch KO... Calzaghe swarms people when given the opportunity, and makes the ref stop it, i dont think he'd leave Pavlik out cold on his back!
To the person who said Pavlik puts out as many punches as Calzaghe, ummm no, he doesn't. I actually rate Pavlik, and like his style, i just think he's tailor made for Calzaghe to exploit.
When has anyone looked good against Hopkins, especially more recently? He doesn't come to fight, he comes to spoil. The same people laughing this off, probably would of been even more brutal about Calzaghe before the Lacy fight... And we all know how that went.

Calzaghe wouldnt be able to knockout Pavlik Tomorrow, today, yesterday or any other day. Calzaghe isnt a knockout puncher. Style make fights and I honestly believe Pavlik will stand a godo chance. I'll put my money on Calzaghe but its not exactly a tune up for Cal.

You may not have seen his earlier career I take it, sure he's never been any kind of knockout artist but he certainly could land some big shots & has a good KO record. A younger Calzaghe I see taking Pavlik apart and stopping him about the 9th. And of course Pavlik has a chance, he's the undefeated middleweight champion who has great power. But I'm sure Calzaghe's chin will hold up and he'll completely outbox Pavlik to a decision.

You're just shocking really, Pavlik is over-rated you'll all see, Im not saying he's going to lose to Lockett or anything stupid like that but when I say him and Cotto are over-rated I don't mean that they are not any good as they obviously are but they are not as good as people think they are.

People saying Cotto could beat Mayweather LMAO get a fucking clue!

And Pavlik will fall against any of the names mentioned he's not even the best in his division, Wright would beat him and if he steps up Jones, Hopkins or Calzaghe would destroy him to.

So get a clue noobs! :D

You're just shocking really, Pavlik is over-rated you'll all see, Im not saying he's going to lose to Lockett or anything stupid like that but when I say him and Cotto are over-rated I don't mean that they are not any good as they obviously are but they are not as good as people think they are.

People saying Cotto could beat Mayweather LMAO get a fucking clue!

And Pavlik will fall against any of the names mentioned he's not even the best in his division, Wright would beat him and if he steps up Jones, Hopkins or Calzaghe would destroy him to.

So get a clue noobs! :D

Gotta disagree buddy. An old ring rusted Winky would NOT beat Pavlik today, Pavlik would throw way more punches, do more damage, and win a clear cut decision. Also no way Hopkins or RJJ of 08 beat him, either. Both are far past their primes, and its been exposed to the world.
Calzaghe is the only one you mentioned that would be a clear favorite against Pavlik, and I dont see either man stopping the other. Pavlik doesnt have the movement to get away as you said, but he has the durability, power, workrate and solid fundamentals to keep Calzaghe at bay for the 12.
Dont get me started on Cotto....:redface:

Atleast you have come forward with your points and presented your arguement unlike everyone else who just jumped on me without making any good points of their own. Firstly Yes Cotto is good but top 10 p4p I don't think he deserves to be there yet.
The man who said WInky Wright fought Jermaine Taylor yes you are corret but Taylor didn't really win did he.
I guess your judging Pavlik's endurance and everything on the fight with Miranda well he isnt the only person to have survived big punches from him. Calzaghe probably does stop him not by KO but with a flurry and the ref jumping in.

I jsut added the Jones Jr to complete my arguement but I do really believe Wright and Hopkins would start as favourites against Pavlik, I mean especially Hopkins!

Back