Calzaghe defines "cheat"

Hopkins was guilty of doing more than his part in making this fight less than aesthetically pleasing, so I'm not shedding a tear over his soiled honor.

It ended up being a dirty fight, and Calzaghe was in there with a guy who is notorious for rule bending and grimy tactics....neither of which were in short supply on Saturday night.

Those are some rather heady accusations. Honestly, we all know Bernard really uses his Noggin in tough situations....

/terrible head puns.

/terrible head puns.

A fight isn't the time to lose one's head.

That's not the way to get a-head in life.

It's a shame he wasn't more head-strong.

He'll never be the head of a major corporation.

Austin%20Powers%20shagadelic.jpg

^ I hate you, you are teh winnar, You're way a-head of the competition.:icon_lol:

Interesting justification.

People should give Hopkins more credit. I think when we see him in his next fight he won't look so old all of a sudden. You are forgetting that Calzaghe has the highest work rate of any fighter in that division and super middle weight. It's not surprising that B-hop started to fade in the late rounds. Yeah is getting on but he's still very fit. Joe Calzaghe is just in a league above.

calzaghe did not allow hopkins to intimidate him, plain and simple. he roughed him up just as much as hopkins did to him. joe was cool, and calm in the late rounds, while hopkins was growing frustrated. b-hop was rattled(no doubt about it).

"When I hit him there in the second round, that was proper deliberate. He'd knocked me down in the first so I had to give him a dig, didn't I? But the tenth

Hopkins got out Hopkinsed by Joe.. NObody holds and hits as much as Hopkins.. And he likes to do it with the hand on the other side of the ref so hes not seen doing it. To accuse almost any opponent of Hopkins of fighting dirty is a joke. But Joe knows how to win a fight, and he knows how to adapt his style to whomever hes fighting. Against a dirty fighter like Hopkins, he does what he needs to to win... Props to Joe!

Back