Calories that count,not including the ones that burn?

MMouse

Now you enter...the shredder
Banned
Reaction score
say you eat 2000 calories a day, and your body burns a 1000. Does that mean your body only took it a total of 1000 calories a day?

It's pretty rare that someone needs just 1000 calories daily for maintenence but if that was the case then eating 2000 calories would be a net gain of 1000 calories. It's a bit more complicated than all this as not all calories are even in the respect that some calories take more energy to digest, some calories create a lesser or greater insulin response. All these things play a part.

Can I ask, are we going somewhere with this?

Yea seriously, nothing about the human body can be so simple.

There are your basic principals but none of them take into account the many variables of human physiology.

But what the fuck are you trying to find out?

"Take in"="Eat"

If you take in 2000 calories and your body only burns 1000 calories for energy to maintain itself, there are 1000 calories worth of nutrients leftover for other stuff (such as growth or storage of energy for the future).

Is that all you're asking?

sorry for the late reply guys. Well i'm trying to maintain a weight of 130lbs at 5'2". I've used a calorie counter off the ones I googled.

Says for intense activity everyday I need to eat anywhere from 2200-2500 calories. I was wondering if I needed to eat a extra 500-1000 calories more so that I take in 2200-2500 calories

I believe I know what he's asking.

He's asking, for example, if he needs 2000 calories for maintenance normally, and 2500 for his activity level. Does he add extra calories to the 2500, because he's active.

Obviously he doesn't understand why the calorie counter has his calories higher for more activity, because he's thinking he needs to add the extra calories onto the already compensated higher calorie calculation.

Could be wrong, but that's how it looks to me.

He's asking, for example, if he needs 2000 calories for maintenance normally, and 2500 for his activity level. Does he add extra calories to the 2500, because he's active.

Obviously he doesn't understand why the calorie counter has his calories higher for more activity, because he's thinking he needs to add the extra calories onto the already compensated higher calorie calculation.

thanks that's what i was trying to asks

sorry for the confusion guys

So he's asking if he needs to add calories to the activity-adjusted calorie count because of his activity level???

Well, then, no, that's double-counting.

Anything you get with a calculator about how much you're eating is probably not going to be exactly tailored to you in reality. Eat when you're hungry. If you're trying to gain weight, keep eating for a little bit when you're not hungry anymore. There. No reason to get OCD about this kind of stuff.

Back