Callus Help

WinterIsComing

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It seems like ever since I took off my first callus doing DL's I can't seem to keep one on. Consistently everytime I deadlift for signifigant volume I end up tearing off the middle finger callus on my switch grip hand. I switch up the hand I use for switch grip, however it feels awkward to me to have my dominant hand as the switch grip and I have trouble knocking out 5 reps without having to regrip. My gym doesnt allow chalk. (I know dont get me started). I try to dry my hands preset and to keep a firm grip on the bar is there anything else I can do?

Tape. Or just use chalk and keep it somewhat hidden?

Hmm tape huh? Think you might elaborate a bit? What kind how to apply it, etc. Sounds promising though.

Put a piece of chalk in the pocket of your sweatshirt? Just buy a cube and break it up and take a small piece.. Just an idea, I haven't tried it, but if my gym didn't allow chalk I probably would.

If his gym won't allow chalk then I would be surprised if they let him tape on it...

Without chalk it's hard to avoid callouses. You could bite the bullet and use straps or gloves, you could get liquid chalk, or you could use rubbing alcohol which would be excrutiating.

If his gym won't allow chalk then I would be surprised if they let him tape on it...

Ya but you can put the tape on your hand, and it's not like tape gets everywhere like chalk. You can also just tear it off the bar after you're done

Try using DOH grip. I've always used DOH and now I never get calluses. When I tried going for a switch grip it felt really awkward for me and I ripped some skin. I guess it's just whatever we've gotten accustomed to.

yeah just keep it in your crotch so nobody will suspect anything totally unusual with with powdery stains around it.

Or you can just use a bag and be all incognito-mschatz style. I'm pretty sure he worked out at a 24 fitness and always had chalk...

Only time so far I've ripped a callus was doin' shrugs, which was a DOH grip... I did take a nice piece of skin off the inside of my thumb, right above the web, today while doin' DBPC&P. Just kept puttin' chalk in it the rest of my workout to dry the little bit of blood. I'm startin' to get my calluses back, even usin' chalk on all my pullin', but they're not thick.

Odd whenever I try underhand grip it always feels like it's about to get a callus.

sounds weird, but take sand paper and sand down your callouses. there was a thread a while ago about callouses and someone mentioned it. i haven't torn one since i started sanding my hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back