Calling the law experts of Sherdog

IANAL (obviously) but I just thought of another thing:

UFC has legalese in their contracts saying that if they sue UFC and lose, they have to pay for UFC's lawyer bills. Or something like that.

It was tested in court and passed. Ken Shamrock still owes Zuffa hundreds of thousands of dollars.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2010/04/ken-shamrock-ordered-to-pay-ufc-attorneys-fees-and-costs

I still say Fabia wasn't playing 4-D chess; he just fumble-bumbled his way into getting his fighter released early. Which ironically may have been the best case scenario for all parties.
That's where the "I'm coming from the fucking money, you piece of shit" video of Dana White blasting Ken come from. Prolly one of my most favorite Dana rage moments. <45>

Fabia is a self-promoter. He has made his career out of convincing people that they are victims, and then selling them his costly programs. His intent here was to make more of a name for himself and use that to drum up more business for his self-awareness programs.

Fabia is a self-promoter. He has made his career out of convincing people that they are victims, and then selling them his costly programs. His intent here was to make more of a name for himself and use that to drum up more business for his self-awareness programs.
Imagine being known as the dumbass who tried to sue the UFC and ended up broke while having to reimburse the UFC for the failed lawsuit. <45><45>

I am sure that in addition to financial, psychological and medical experts, sherbros are well versed in law. So my question is, what do you think of the potential law suit Joshua was trying to arrange?
Haven't seen much talk about it but, I'm sure he was going to go for a negligence lawsuit, contending that UFC made Diego fight despite injuries which.. makes no sense since I'm sure there are clauses and disclaimers to protect the company from that and I don't think I've heard of a fighter ever suing the UFC on those grounds, or at least winning. Second, I'm sure the statute of limitation would also apply.
Legit confused as to why he would go for a lawsuit. If he does initiate legal proceedings, he will be burning through the cash, an on a case which has almost zero change of succeeding.
What do you think Joshua was going for? Is he really that delusional to think that he would get money through this?
If he passed his medicals there is no grounds at all and Fabia is just trying to scam in ways he can't win anymore if he tries that. He isn't dealing with people he can manipulate and brainwash, he won't get any wins here.

IANAL (obviously) but I just thought of another thing:

UFC has legalese in their contracts saying that if they sue UFC and lose, they have to pay for UFC's lawyer bills. Or something like that.

It was tested in court and passed. Ken Shamrock still owes Zuffa hundreds of thousands of dollars.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2010/04/ken-shamrock-ordered-to-pay-ufc-attorneys-fees-and-costs

I still say Fabia wasn't playing 4-D chess; he just fumble-bumbled his way into getting his fighter released early. Which ironically may have been the best case scenario for all parties.
fabia is the same thing as edmond. a high functioning sociopath who has taken keen advantage of someone highly impressionable who has serious underlying issues beneath their "confident" outer persona. fabia is better at it, but hes really not that smart hes just very well versed in the tones, actions and phrases that lead people into believing and more importantly, not questioning him.

fabia is the same thing as edmond. a high functioning sociopath who has taken keen advantage of someone highly impressionable who has serious underlying issues beneath their "confident" outer persona. fabia is better at it, but hes really not that smart hes just very well versed in the tones, actions and phrases that lead people into believing and more importantly, not questioning him.
I disagree with the Edmund comparison. Knowing full well lots of sherdoggers will mock me for (what they might call) my naivety.

He's an overzealous coach, sure.

I disagree with the Edmund comparison. Knowing full well lots of sherdoggers will mock me for my naivety.

He's an overzealous coach, sure.
I think Edmond is a poor coach. I think fabia is insane and needs serious, professional psychiatric treatment. He’s a danger to the people around him. If letting your fighters chase each other around while running with a steak knife trying to stab each other isn’t insane, I don’t know what would qualify.

Spot on. Reason as to why I'm confused about his intent. Although, I do think Fabia could put the ufc as a co-defendant along with the commission but even then, failed lawsuit with no hopes of winning.

Your trying to wrap your brain around what Fabia is thinking, good luck.

This guy is straight up nut case.

Your trying to wrap your brain around what Fabia is thinking, good luck.

This guy is straight up nut case.
Hahaha. Agreed. I made this thread mostly hoping for some satire.

I am sure that in addition to financial, psychological and medical experts, sherbros are well versed in law. So my question is, what do you think of the potential law suit Joshua was trying to arrange?
Haven't seen much talk about it but, I'm sure he was going to go for a negligence lawsuit, contending that UFC made Diego fight despite injuries which.. makes no sense since I'm sure there are clauses and disclaimers to protect the company from that and I don't think I've heard of a fighter ever suing the UFC on those grounds, or at least winning. Second, I'm sure the statute of limitation would also apply.
Legit confused as to why he would go for a lawsuit. If he does initiate legal proceedings, he will be burning through the cash, an on a case which has almost zero change of succeeding.
What do you think Joshua was going for? Is he really that delusional to think that he would get money through this?
The law expertise that I accrued from browsing this sub tells me that a lawsuit is a long shot. WME has the funds to drag this out beyond what Diego and/or his lawyers could possibly afford.

I think Edmond is a poor coach. I think fabia is insane and needs serious, professional psychiatric treatment. He’s a danger to the people around him. If letting your fighters chase each other around while running with a steak knife trying to stab each other isn’t insane, I don’t know what would qualify.
Right. Fabia is not an MMA coach. He's a self proclaimed guru pretending to be a coach. Big difference.

Edmund is a renowned MMA and kickboxing coach, who may very well have personality and sport blind spots. Like all of us do. Maybe he has more, which is up to subjective interpretation.

Last edited:
Who knows. I don't even believe in the law in this banana republic anymore anything is possible.

Someone might take the case for the publicity I guess, but the company has been lawyered up since the beginning and this is an obvious contingency to address in your fighter contracts. It’s probably one of the first things they thought about.

This guy is constantly trying to sound sophisticated though, wouldn’t surprise me if he barfed up some legalese at Diego that he heard on an episode of Matlock about millions of dollars in damages.

Last edited:
Why do you think so? I really doubt Joshua would be able to get a single dime out of the UFC. I'm pretty sure the contracts are structured in a way to prevent this sort of litigation, reason why we haven't heard of any success stories.

My comment about the UFC dodging a bullet has little to do with Joshua. He is small problem, more of a nuisance, he embarrasses himself more than anything else. I have watched a couple of recent interviews with Diego and it appears he is showing cognitive decline. Seriously, this is sad, hate to see it, but it was good that the UFC cut him lose.

My comment about the UFC dodging a bullet has little to do with Joshua. He is small problem, more of a nuisance, he embarrasses himself more than anything else. I have watched a couple of recent interviews with Diego and it appears he is showing cognitive decline. Seriously, this is sad, hate to see it, but it was good that the UFC cut him lose.
His paranoia about the ufc looking to kill him is even worse.... sad indeed....

On top of that, if we’re specifically talking brain injuries, it’s tough to prove where they come from. Is it sparring? Early amateur fights? Pro fights? How do you tell? Can you 100% beyond a reasonable doubt establish that the brain injury is the result of negligence, and not simply the natural risk that comes with being a cage fighter?

The burden is to massive.

Agree, similar problem as football players have suing the NFL, only in this case it’s much tougher because of (1) what you said about the commissions; (2) the fact that most fighters compete for multiple promotions in their career; and (3) the fact that, unlike in the NFL, practice time isn’t taking place on the clock, at a company facility and supervised by company employees.

When Tim Hague died following a boxing match in Edmonton in 2017 his estate sued the the City of Edmonton and the Edmonton Combative Sports Commission. The city and the commission defended the claim on the basis of contributory negligence on the part of Tim and his team, namely that they failed to disclose that he had been knocked out a couple of times within the previous month at fights in other cities. Had the Commission known they never would have issued fighters license to him as a KO results in a 180 day medical suspension.

I don’t know the particulars of what this thread is even about, but when a professional athlete chooses to fight they’re largely taking their health in their own hands. I need to read about whatever this thread is about before I can comment any further.
Thank you law talking guy

While I agree that the end result is the manipulation of cognitively limited people, I’m not sure I agree with the take that Fabia is a cunning predator.

I think it’s just as likely that he’s simply a massive tool playing make believe.

Back