Calling out SAAMAG, 'coach', 'fighter trainer'

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vid looks fine to me, if I were to record myself doing similar, it would look a lot different. I would call a lot of the techniques thai esque, but its never been a concentration of mine.

One does not have to be an expert to spread the joys of martial arts. We all love the same thing, no reason to draw lines and attack him for wanting to help others. He never claimed to be anything he is not.

So stop trying to be a tough guy. Post up some sparring videos of yours so we can all see how great you are.

Hey Brooklyn bjj does evolution have showers now?

WOW.....a whole thread dedicated to calling Saamag out....you should, in a weird way, feel a bit privileged that someone made a thread about you - even though it's negative - you were important enough he took time out of his day to write about you lol.

Anyway Saamag everyone here on the stand-up forum has your back lol - we know real martial artists when we see & talk to one & everyone here can tell your a pretty damn good martial artist from your videos & post contributions.

As for TS.....I don't understand how you can beef with someone over the internet - what's more if you had constructed your criticisms in a positive way - you might have learnt something beneficial for yourself -- martial arts is not just about building strength, it's just as much about etiquette, self respect, respect for others & bettering yourself ---- your etiquette was seriously lacking in your post.

What is your name, TS? We can't look for you at Evolution if you don't tell us what your name is or what you look like.

Thanks for the support guys. To eliminate other tards from creating useless threads...I'll only keep videos up so long as the original thread for its existence stays relevant. After that they'll go private again.

I'll try and get sparring footage from VongPhet Muay Thai when I'm training the guys there. In the meantime if anyone passes through SA and wants to train hit me up.

I think it is important to point out as well that the ability to teach and convey important principles to students is not hindered by one's own ability to perform. I believe that Mike Tyson could have mopped the floor with Cus, but it was what Cus knew and how he was able to mold and teach that was important with regard to his coaching ability.

Reading SAAMAG's posts show that he has a decent grasp on fundamental principles and is able to effectively communicate his points. All necessary components of a good trainer.

Last edited:
Wow, this thread is bringing all of the Jedi out of hiding.

The force is strong in this thread.

Wait... you fight at 110 and you weigh 145 right now!? Damn, dude. I have a hard time getting down to 125lbs and I walk around 150lbs.

Care to share how you go about cutting all that weight?
Haven't competed in years. I doubt I can go down to 110 anymore.

Oh shit, Machete showed up...it's ON.

Brooklyn BJJ, you're gonna get jumped by a bunch of short, slightly aged, slightly chubbier than usual Asians.
"Curvy"/"Full-figured"

Age has a way of makin it hard to maintain the lean muscles. So does McDonald's.

Age has a way of makin it hard to maintain the lean muscles. So does McDonald's.

Im hungry! Time to go to SA Texas to hunt the infamous honey badger......... we got a score to settle!

The better question is, does it have a bathroom now?

I think when i visited it around a year and half ago it had a bathroom with TWO STALLS!!!!!! but sadly no soap.

You eat at McDonald's when you have Whataburger available? For shame.

As for this thread, I don't always agree with what SAAMAG says, but he comes across as very knowledgeable about a wide array of arts in addition to being a genuine and respectful guy. Even if his form in the videos sucked, he doesn't deserve a thread dedicated to bashing him. The fact that the videos don't suck just goes to show that TS is a retard.

Alright ladies...videos are all private now. I'll post up when something new comes a long and if anyone wants to review any of the past footage just let me know.

The mods can do what they like with this thread at this point. Though I must say this was inadvertently a pretty good birthday gift as I didn't realize that folks actually paid that much attention to what I say. Most people...my wife mainly...and my best friend...just tune me out.

Alright ladies...videos are all private now. I'll post up when something new comes a long and if anyone wants to review any of the past footage just let me know.

The mods can do what they like with this thread at this point. Though I must say this was inadvertently a pretty good birthday gift as I didn't realize that folks actually paid that much attention to what I say. Most people...my wife mainly...and my best friend...just tune me out.

Huh?

Huh what?

Like I said in the previous post, I will continue to post future videos for specific reasons in threads. Once the thread is done or no longer relevant the videos will go private. I've since done that with the vids in this thread since I'm pretty sure everything that needs to be said has been said at this point.

What I mean about being an inadvertent birthday gift, was that the thread, while a troll's jab at me, ended up being quite the opposite as it seems most folks here know what they're looking at, and seem to appreciate what I've contributed thus far to the sub-forum. At least that's what I got from the thread. That and apparently I'm a short, stocky, slightly heavier than normal asian who looks like he's 40.

Make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back