Calling out all Yoga connoisseurs in this thread...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I have a very very very important question for those who are deeply involved in various yoga subculture of the east.

So there is an ability I heard people talk about that is practiced in a specific yoga culture and this ability is called Najarband.

What it does is, it allows the practioner to overwrite a persons 5 senses. Here is what I gathered from the internet search:

Our perceptions can be altered; we cannot be certain that what we are seeing is true. Suppose I have a red flower. It still remains red, but I can make everybody see it as blue even though it has not changed colour. In tantric terminology this ability is called najarband.

Some forms of this art are practiced by yogis who are apparently able to override your normal mode of sense perception, kind of “imposing” what they wish you to perceive. This kind of mind control or yogic hypnosis is sometimes called najarband.
I am wondering what school of yoga touches up on this subject or how legit is it and what is the science or idea behind it?

yes, yoga gives you psychic powers

On computers we have this ability and it's called photoshop.

I had some free time on Wednesday and decided to do a drop in and a yoga studio and the teacher was saying that once the mind is cleansed then it can perform various functions like an athletic body could.

Then he went on to talk about this ability of overcoming peoples 5 sense as one mental ability. So I decided to Google it and there is some info on the web but nothing to specific only the description posted in the OP.

I had some free time on Wednesday and decided to do a drop in and a yoga studio and the teacher was saying that once the mind is cleansed then it can perform various functions like an athletic body could.

Then he went on to talk about this ability of overcoming peoples 5 sense as one mental ability. So I decided to Google it and there is some info on the web but nothing to specific only the description posted in the OP.

if you can't find it on the internet...

and its essentially a massive mind control technique...

i think the safest conclusion to come to is that there is no science behind it.

Yoga empties your mind and lets the demons get in. This sounds pretty much like the extension of a demonic power.

I respect yoga as a supplemental form of training but still find it very overrated. It can never replace an intelligent strength and conditioning program with flexibility/mobility training thrown in.

Oh and ts, there is no science behind that shit. Just pure yogi new age spirituality bs.

original.gif

I respect yoga as a supplemental form of training but still find it very overrated. It can never replace an intelligent strength and conditioning program with flexibility/mobility training thrown in.

Oh and ts, there is no science behind that shit. Just pure yogi new age spirituality bs.

Yoga has helped my running a lot, and I'm surprised by how damn good I can feel after a really deep stretch or power yoga class. I really recommend it as part of a program.

We just do a lot of stretching and breathing in my class. Haven't gotten to the mind control stuff yet.

Sounds like something you come up with after driving a kombi for 27 hours while being on a dope bender.

yes, yoga gives you psychic powers

well, these yoga assholes cannot control their heartbeat when they are getting scanned by a Scanner

Scanners14-49-15.JPG

but personally, i am a connoiseur of girls in yoga pants

[YT]jEsjsgEs1fo[/YT]

Well considering the hypnosis of certain teachers able to fling their students away with chi, the domination by gurus can be quite full on. I studied hypnosis and while most people are only suggestible to instructions that fit with their blueprint of the world, you can surpass what's going on in the conscious mind and direct specific instruction to the subconscious or unconscious mind.
As the skill of hypnosis is to get the person to be in the state that you yourself are in, they can become much more susceptible to this kind of thing. Especially if a person lacks proper boundaries between others.

Here's an extract from Osho's wikipedia page.
Hugh Milne (Swami Shivamurti), an ex-devotee who between 1973 and 1982 worked closely with Rajneesh as leader of his Pune Ashram Guard and his personal bodyguard, noted that their first meeting left him with a sense that more than words had passed between them: "There is no invasion of privacy, no alarm, but it is as if his soul is slowly slipping inside mine, and in a split second transferring vital information." Milne also observed another facet of Osho's charismatic ability: he was "a brilliant manipulator of the unquestioning disciple".

I watched the yoga pant video three posts up, and then the next suggested video in the box was an hour of nude yoga. I was mesmerized.

Lol. This is sherdog. There are only Cheetos connoisseurs.

Back