Calling it right now, Barao will get immediate rematch and whoop TJ

BiasBEgone

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Yes, despite my nickname i`m quite Bias towards Barao.

With that being said, i acknowledge TJ had a flawless performance and destroyed Barao. A well deserved champion.

Now, don`t kid yourselves, the UFC will not make TJ vs Assun

Say they give him a rematch and Barao wins a razor thin spit decision. Then what? immediate rerematch?

You're calling it wrong trillashaw will destroy him...again

Say they give him a rematch and Barao wins a razor thin spit decision. Then what? immediate rerematch?

I don`t think so, whatever the result it they wouldn`t do a "rerematch".

If they did it would indeed suck lol.

Nobody is ever "calling" anything in MMA. We all have the thought immediately anyway.

Without the element of surprise, TJ is a gonner. Either way I dont see TJ making a single title defense as I think Barao, Assuncao, and Cruz would take him.

That's fair but if there's nothing in the contract that gives him a rematch, and he gets one, it would be clown shit and you'd have to give every champ that loses a rematch

Dude you're basing this off nothing. Even before the knock down, TJ was easily out striking Barao. You're just praying that you are right so you can bump this if it does happen. After watching their fight, there is absolutely no evidence that Barao would whoop TJ ever.

Immediate rematch after that beatdown? What would be the point. He got completely rolled.

All these 'calling it' threads are dumb as hell.

Dude you're basing this off nothing. Even before the knock down, TJ was easily out striking Barao. You're just praying that you are right so you can bump this if it does happen. After watching their fight, there is absolutely no evidence that Barao would whoop TJ ever.

What evidence? Are you fucking kidding me?

Do you even know who Barao is? What he`s already accomplished?

As i said, im not ignorant to not see the whooping Barao took.

I just base everything i said off of the fighter Barao is and the effects of the damage he took in the 1st.

Barao showed nothing in the fight. Tj didn't show anything he didn't show in the Easton fight, just did it with a lot more polish. I just don't see how Barao changes up with so little time after that fight if indeed he gets an immediate rematch.

I think you might be overrating the drawing power of Barao just a bit. Most people aren't clamoring for Barao to rematch TJ (I know you are).

Having TJ fight Assuncao, regardless of the outcome, is going to make the division look competitive again. Barao on top was a little bit stale. All of his opponents were getting overlooked by the media/fans, and he just wasn't a big draw. It seems like instant rematch and a Barao win would return us to the status quo which probably isn't what they want.

I think this is a fight to let the fans stew on, see what both guys do, and eventually they'll match up again and people will be excited to see if Barao can avenge the loss. If the fight were close at all, more people would be in for the rematch right now.

I think you might be overrating the drawing power of Barao just a bit. Most people aren't clamoring for Barao to rematch TJ (I know you are).

Having TJ fight Assuncao, regardless of the outcome, is going to make the division look competitive again. Barao on top was a little bit stale. All of his opponents were getting overlooked by the media/fans, and he just wasn't a big draw. It seems like instant rematch and a Barao win would return us to the status quo which probably isn't what they want.

That`s a fair point.

Still, i would say having Barao as a champion or TJ with a title defense over Barao is way better, financially speaking, than TJ defending the title against Assun

As always the master troll gives his enlightening 2 cents.

Oh man, that's good ...

Almost as good as this thread, lol.

:icon_lol:

These threads are a dime a dozen, just like your accounts. Enjoy.

Barao needs to take his time and improve his striking. Otherwise, he becomes the JDS of the division, if he loses again.

Back