Calling it now... Ward embarrasses Kovalev

Sorry to bring up race but the truth is a lot of fans (not all) are fed up with seeing black boxers dominate. You can tell by just reading comments all over. Some may not admit it and get all defensive calling me out for bringing up "the race card" (I'm not even black) but they know deep down they hate it.

People were saying Pacquiao would beat Mayweather not because they believed it but because they wanted it. People said Postol will beat Crawford and so on. And then when their wrong they complain about the fight being boring when that's only half of the reason why their truly upset.

My prediction is Ward will win then everyone will cry making excuses using the "it was boring" to try and take the win away from him.

Black boxes don't really dominate anymore, so I don't think that is really the case. Fury, GGG, Kov, Loma, Frampton, etc.

Almost everybody here picked Crawford to win, and I think almost all of us also were rooting for Crawford to win. We are also almost all rooting for Ward to win. Maybe that attitude persists elsewhere on the Internet, but boxing fans are a little bit different (not all, but it seems most).

Kov did the monkey shirt thing, which was rude, but I can't really hate him for it without being a hypocrite since I didn't really stop liking Floyd for what he said about Pac's Asian heritage, or Pac for what he says about gays.

The UFC forum is a bit more questionable, honestly. That's a different culture of fans. They are more like the angry war-room types.

I think Kovalev has a lot more skill then some of the regulars are giving him credit for here. I still think Ward wins a UD, because he's that good, but he's not gonna embarrass Kovalev by any means. We're talking 1a and 1b in terms of skill level here and not some massive disparity imo.

Hearing Ward has had some shitty sparring lately isn't a good sign this is gonna be a massive route either. The cards will probably have it 8-4ish but those rounds are gonna be highly contested.

Regardless of who wins half this forum will find a way to complain about both fighters.

I can start lol

I am very happy this fight is happening. Love seeing the best vs the best. But I'm also of the mind set it's not worth ppv.

Ward has never been an exciting fighter and I'm starting to rethink buying this.

lol. No account bets man. Don't want to ban a regular. We can do an AV or something like that

I won pretty big on that one. Hopkins is probably the fighter who has made me the most money
And you thought 1k was high stakes til he pulled out that account bet. :D

It was a joke about your negativity, specifically regarding power punchers

Kovalev has beaten enough good opponents that I wouldn't consider him overrated even if Ward wins every round.

My criticism of punchers applies to guys like Provodnikov usually, though I do believe most guys known for power tend to fail badly in their biggest tests.

Regarding how legit of a light heavy boxer Kovalev is... a buddy of mine saw him after a fight back in 2015. He got a photograph with him and joking around Kovalev gave him a light punch to the shoulder.... but my friend said it hurt like the Dickens.

You're not just landing shoulder punches on this friend of mine and getting that kind of reaction from him.
This guy has been through some rough stuff. Especially in that year.... his Chrysler LeBaron finally clunked out on him and a cat he had for a solid 7 years passed away unexpectedly. He was more than fortified for the rough stuff in life just by that one year alone. But that playful Kovalev punch to the shoulder changed all of that for him.

I don't think Ward knows what he's getting himself into.

Kovalev has beaten enough good opponents that I wouldn't consider him overrated even if Ward wins every round.

My criticism of punchers applies to guys like Provodnikov usually, though I do believe most guys known for power tend to fail badly in their biggest tests.
it was a joke, sorta

@MCPaulBarman

You crack me up man.

I don't know what to feel about this fight. Hope Kovalev puts Ward in deep water, but don't see it happening.

Will surely be boring watching him walk through counter punches all night though so let's hope he can land a few and make it exciting.

Especially in that year.... his Chrysler LeBaron finally clunked out on him.

In 2008, my 1996 Olds Cutlass Supreme clunked out on me. That year, I could have survived an uppercut from Tyson.

In 2008, my 1996 Olds Cutlass Supreme clunked out on me. That year, I could have survived an uppercut from Tyson.

Red LeBaron... red vinyl interior.

And a cat that could purr you to sleep.

@MCPaulBarman

You crack me up man.

I don't know what to feel about this fight. Hope Kovalev puts Ward in deep water, but don't see it happening.

Will surely be boring watching him walk through counter punches all night though so let's hope he can land a few and make it exciting.

If Alexander Brand can land a few I wouldn't be too shocked if Kovalev could land some and with authority. Then again, Kov isn't on Brand's level.

If I catch any of my casual fan friends/co-workers/etc talking up Kovalev in the weeks leading up, I'm hustling all of them into a bet, Ward should make it look pretty easy, imo.

Some of you are still resisting the black flesh. Whether it recedes or rises it is permenantely within ones periphery as its reference point permeates the masses chaotic fantasies. A fantasy that they resist but can't turn away from.

If ward dominates and wins i want all of you to pay attention to the posters who resisted. Note their relaxed behaviour as he goes deep inside them. This is how fans are made.

Some of you are still resisting the black flesh. Whether it recedes or rises it is permenantely within ones periphery as its reference point permeates the masses chaotic fantasies. A fantasy that they resist but can't turn away from.

If ward dominates and wins i want all of you to pay attention to the posters who resisted. Note their relaxed behaviour as he goes deep inside them. This is how fans are made.

So it's permanently in the periphery while permeating the masses fantasies?
You try to shoehorn too much into an alliteration.... the result of disallowing yourself to utilize words with different starting letters is this confusing sentence.
If I were to want to stress the importance of something in another's life I would relegate that thing's permanence to the periphery.

So it's permanently in the periphery while permeating the masses fantasies?
You try to shoehorn too much into an alliteration.... the result of disallowing yourself to utilize words with different starting letters is this confusing sentence.
If I were to want to stress the importance of something in another's life I would relegate that thing's permanence to the periphery.

Welcome to cognitive dissonance of the black flesh. Nothing good comes from the resistance, let it slowly flow inside Mr Barman.

Welcome to cognitive dissonance of the black flesh. Nothing good comes from the resistance, let it slowly flow inside Mr Barman.

"This has got to be a good book! I mean.... look at the cover!!"

Back