Calling it now... Ward embarrasses Kovalev

flowers tiger

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
After tonight's destruction of Bard it's clear to me that Ward is going to walk right through Kovalev and he's going to make him seem amateur.

And if GGG ever mans up Ward would took him as well

Hey cool. We're all sure to remember you posting this 3+ months from now.

After tonight's destruction of Bard it's clear to me that Ward is going to walk right through Kovalev and he's going to make him seem amateur.

And if GGG ever mans up Ward would took him as well

Someone didn't see the fight. Or, if you did, apparently you're thinking that Alexander BRAND (not Bard) is some world beater? Here's a reality check. I normally don't do Bleacher Report but admittedly they got it right here. Please read. Thanks.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nd-live-round-by-round-results-and-highlights

Someone didn't see the fight. Or, if you did, apparently you're thinking that Alexander BRAND (not Bard) is some world beater? Here's a reality check. I normally don't do Bleacher Report but admittedly they got it right here. Please read. Thanks.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nd-live-round-by-round-results-and-highlights
But thats Ward

He's not a KO artist, he's not flashy, hell, he's not even exciting, he's just good plain and simple

Im slightly leaning towards Ward against Kov but should he win he isnt walking away unscathed.

But thats Ward

He's not a KO artist, he's not flashy, hell, he's not even exciting, he's just good plain and simple

Im slightly leaning towards Ward against Kov but should he win he isnt walking away unscathed.

TS is forming a strong opinion based off of Andre Ward, a P4P fighter, boxing up a guy that is quite literally a nobody and applying it to his fight with Kovalev. The problem I have with that is it's ignorant. Ward was expected to at least knock this guy down once or twice considering he fights like a caveman, has no balance, no real defense and ended up knocking himself down on a wild swing that hit nothing but air in the ninth.

Nobody has ever "walked through" Kovalev and few have even survived. The last one did and suddenly Kovalev was overrated because he didn't knock him out, just down and hurt in the 7th where he ended up being saved by the bell.

I'm aware that Ward isn't a KO artist and never has been. That's fine. The problem is Brand's ass not even touching the canvas once and TS saying Ward will walk through Kovalev off of one of the biggest mismatches ever. LOL. C'mon now.

Last edited:
He could win, yes. But there's also a chance he could lose. Think about it.

excuse me for misspelling his name
I was typing on an iPhone with my cheetoh fingers from my moms basement
Lol, that was some funny shit...unless it was true, in which case....uh sorry bro.

I thought that way after Kovalev's last fight, but, this Ward fight has me back to thinking it's an interesting matchup but that I'll favour Kovalev about 60/40.

He'll not embarress him but I do expect him to beat him comfortably. I think it will look similar to the froch fight! Ward isn't that exciting as a fighter but technically he is level above almost any fighter in the world

Last edited:
Ward will beat Kovalev and make it look a lot easier than most fans are expecting.

Ward will beat Kovalev and make it look a lot easier than most fans are expecting.

I am thinking it won't look that easy. I think people underestimate how sharp Kovalev can be in the ring because he has this persona of a being a big lumbering doofus. But he is actually fairly well-rounded and has a lot of experience. Plus Ward has not exactly set the world on fire in the last, what, 4 years?

Regardless of who wins half this forum will find a way to complain about both fighters.

Regardless of who wins half this forum will find a way to complain about both fighters.

Yellow cards for bitching about good fights, imo.

thats the way it is after every fight

im finally happy its happening though

i cant wait for nov

"Well, I'll never watch another Andre Ward fight again. All he did was fight in a way that I didn't enjoy and I really like Kovalev so I'm mad at boxing that he lost. This is why boxing is dying."

and

" I always knew Kovalev (or Ward) was overrated."

"Well, I'll never watch another Andre Ward fight again. All he did was fight in a way that I didn't enjoy and I really like Kovalev so I'm mad at boxing that he lost. This is why boxing is dying."

and

" I always knew Kovalev (or Ward) was overrated."
If Ward loses, what do you expect will be said?

I am glad RR pointed out the bad sparring he has had.. I hope he changes... will he rise to the occasion? Probably but Kov has to be favored just based on curremt perfomance BUT wow what a great upcoming fight

If Ward loses, what do you expect will be said?
to much sparring with the diaz brothers and more than likely he had broken hands but still fought

Back