Calling it now Gonna be and easy win for Rose

I don't see what evidence you have to be so confident Rose has no chance in this fight.
what is your evidence she does? everyone loves and severely overrates her for making JJ irrelevant.
Weili is on a 21-win streak and little Rose got nothing to break that.

I’m inclined to agree, Zhang doesn’t strike me as particularly specially skilled.

But she's extremely aggressive and hits very hard.

I gotta believe that she'd have had a much easier time with JJ had she not had to change training locations like 2-3 times for that fight.

I'm pulling for Rose, and believe that she can definitely get it done; but if Zhang implements her gameplan, she'll batter Rose.

Rose has an easier path to victory on the ground, don’t know much about Zhang other than her being a pretty fierce striker, but so is Rose.

giphy.gif

My head wants to agree with you, if Rose is on point I think her technical advantage could change the fight. But my gut says Zhang is just hitting her stride right now, and that her pressure and power will be too much in the end.

love to see rose win, and shes shown shes at least = with her jj fights
but i fear she is more delicate, and zangs supplements may prevail

JJ out struck Weili you say huh?
lmao what fights were you watching there buddy.
zd50xNB.png

Very close fight. I hope you don't think that Weili "dominated" JJ lol
Could happen. And, if Rose wins, I have a feeling it'll be by submission. Rose also looks motivated during the Embedded episodes. But, I think Weili will blitz her and her power punches will be too much for Rose.

Jarl

P.S. I also thought Joanna J beat Weili...but it was a very close fight. They both took a lot of damage. Hematomas look more gruesome than the actual damage inflicted.

25843306-0-image-a-16_1583942069976.jpg
^ This ^

Can we make “calling it now” and “easy win” threads against the rules?

I love Wei Li, not a fan of Rose.

But I'll admit, I'm worried.

Rose has the best movement in WMMA, and Wei Li is a technical warrior, but she comes forward a lot and tries to overwhelm her opponents. She's almost like a refined chutebox fighter.

Rose moves in and out, and laterally really well and is able to counter her opponents beautifully, her striking game is really diverse and creative. It's the perfect style to beat Wei Li.

That said, Wei Li looks to have been training really really hard, she's peaking physically and is really durable. So I'm hoping that she is able to find a way to cut Rose off and destroy her.

WLZ is like a better and more skilled version of Andrade IMO.

Rose was a step ahead of Jessica in their fights, but still lost one fight and dropped a round in the second. As we know, the fight between JA and WLZ was a quick blowout.

The second fight between Rose and JJ and the only fight between WLZ and JJ were both very competitive.

Styles make fights for sure, especially in this division. But I think there’s a good chance that this fight is competitive.

Lol Zhang is gonna make Rose wilt and crumble in the later rounds. That's if she doesn't tko Rose like she did Andrade in rd 1

If Rose is on her game she is just supremely talented and skilled. The problem is that’s the issue with her. Skilled enough to beat anyone...inconsistent enough to lose to anyone.

If Rose is on, this fight can be a classic. If she’s not, Weili is going to walk right through her. Rose has to fight a perfect fight...Weili doesn’t. I think even if Rose fights the perfect fight, it won’t be enough. To me, she’s the more skilled/talented of the two. Rose skills are just a beautiful representation of what pure MMA is all about. However I don’t feel that’s enough to make up the gap in physicality between them.

At this level I think this fight can go either way, obviously.

Yeah. I think so.

I'm rooting for Rose to get her face broken into retirement so I never have to hear from her again.. but I think her boxing and lenght will be too much for Zhang.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

I love Wei Li, not a fan of Rose.

But I'll admit, I'm worried.

Rose has the best movement in WMMA, and Wei Li is a technical warrior, but she comes forward a lot and tries to overwhelm her opponents. She's almost like a refined chutebox fighter.

Rose moves in and out, and laterally really well and is able to counter her opponents beautifully, her striking game is really diverse and creative. It's the perfect style to beat Wei Li.

That said, Wei Li looks to have been training really really hard, she's peaking physically and is really durable. So I'm hoping that she is able to find a way to cut Rose off and destroy her.
Very well said . I have the same worries but like you said if Wieli can find her I think Rose will wilt under that kind of power and pressure. Remember rose was getting pieced up by Andrade in the 3rd in their rematch and Andrade is like a bargain bin Wieli when it comes to striking lol

In the lighter divisions, men or women, to have an early round finish means one fighter is clearly outclassing the other or one of them was compromised. This is welterweight+ where one shot just floors a person randomly. People acting like rose's got the touch of death from that one joanna fight.

I can see why people think Rose can beat weili, but for her to be so much better that she destroys weili is a long long stretch. Best bet on rose is 5 round decision or a 4th/5th sub. Best bet weili is 5 round decision or a 4/5 tko.

I doubt Rose does enough damage in rds 1-2 to really slow Zhang down.

Back