International Calling it now: Far right President will be elected in France in 2022.

Youtube censored his Presidential declaration for "vulgarities inadmissible for people under 18" to limit its reach <45>
They don't even hide themselves anymore. It's open censorship.

PS: Great article btw. Nailed the analysis.
Youtube can censor anyone they want, not that they necessarily should. The only way that's problematic is if they're doing it at the behest of someone in government.

My knowledge on french poltics is so low i really should not even talk in this thread but could you see it becoming a trump vs biden type situation , if old man Zemmour beats LePen ?

Jup this is exactly how I foresee this happening.
Slightly different ofc because Trump & Z are very different animals.

See that's the issue with the right in some of these countries, they will cite universalism when its convenient and rhetorically facilitates putting the squeeze on minorities but will also abandon it and make French citizens into the ethnic "Other" when its convenient.

Its part of a deeper contradiction in the right in some of these countries. They will talk of Western exceptionalism but then have disdain for the fruits of that so called exceptionalism, namely liberal political economy and its institution building(EU, UN, World Bank, IMF).

The contradiction is inherent to the paradox of liberalism, KK.
We cannot sustain liberalism with the policies of Liberalism.
Paradox of tolerance.
So what we need is an amended version of liberalism. Call it Liberalism 2.0

Ah c'est vrai je parle pas français ? Mince moi qui croyais pourtant que c'était ma langue maternelle! Comment faire pour apprendre peux-tu m'aiguiller ?

I'm french lmao. I made it clear in the first posts of that thread. Went over your head. And even if I were an Anglo I was still offering facts so countering with "you're not french" was pretty empty honestly.

And how can you go from "Zemmour is over her in all the polls do your research" to "what use is discussing the polls?". What's the final say, are they useful or not ?

Zemmour is not cut for this election as showed by his recent slips in behavior, his base is not loyal and he lost a very big funder because of that recently. I thought he was going to be president 2 months ago, but he dropped the ball and everyone in France can see it. Except his supporters.

We shall see!
On va voir tout cela!

Le mec dit vouloir reproduire Poitiers 732 - ça m'étonnerait pas que ce soit (a) un anglo-saxon timbré ou un troll russe voulant pousser l'extrême droite ou (b) un "Zouave" (le groupe existant aujourd'hui, hein, pas les vrais Zouaves qui ont été pris en Afrique du Nord pour défendre la France).

Pourquoi es ce que les Canadiens sur tout les forums sont toujours les plus abrutis du monde?
Je déteste les Ad-Hominems mais dans votre cas, il est impossible de ne pas le mentionner.
Vous avez vraiment un mental d'Anglais dans un corps de Français, vous êtes complètement pollué par l'idéologie woke raciste qui vous fait voir un monstre dans tout mouvement de droite Européen. Calmez vous, arrêtez de voir des fantômes, et occupez vous de votre pays. Vive le Québec libre à propos.

Youtube can censor anyone they want, not that they necessarily should. The only way that's problematic is if they're doing it at the behest of someone in government.

Amusing fallacy that the Tech industry hides behind.

Jup this is exactly how I foresee this happening.
Slightly different ofc because Trump & Z are very different animals.
Whats the biggest difference between them ? Since from my perspective he seems just like Trump,Bolsonaro etc

While I've never lived in France, I've been there many times and stayed in both rich places to see my family, like Neuilly-sur-Seine, and poorer places, when I had to pay for the Airbnb, like Grésilles in Dijon. I never felt any threat. But now is not the time to talk about perceived vs real risk (for exemple, French murder rate is lower than Canada's) and how your hysterical media (which I follow) amplify perceived risk. (I just did a praeteritio / apophasis, I know.)

The point is just that you are speculating about the guy and not acknowledging him being a true LR because of his ethnic background, which runs against the values that you are supposed to uphold if you are a true defender of French values. (Of course, the extreme right doesn't care about values and it's just a façade.)
Murder rate is irrelevant when dealing with political violence. Be it in the form of terrorism or state violence. North Korea has a murder rate close to 0, so does Saudi Arabia. Yet these are two places were dissidents can meet a violent fate, quickly.
You're safer bad mouthing Islam in any Latin American shit hole with a murder rate close to 30 than in France where you run the risk of getting beheaded like the people at Charlie or that teacher.

Murder rate is irrelevant when dealing with political violence. Be it in the form of terrorism or state violence. North Korea has a murder rate close to 0, so does Saudi Arabia. Yet these are two places were dissidents can meet a violent fate, quickly.
You're safer bad mouthing Islam in any Latin American shit hole with a murder rate close to 30 than in France where you run the risk of getting beheaded like the people at Charlie or that teacher.

If I can give you a french perspective Islam is badmouthed daily by politics in France and it's pretty safe to do, even encouraged. It's like a sport, if you don't do it you're not even in the race. And the terrorist attacks you mentioned just accelerated this process even more. What do you think Zemmour does, especially when he had his daily primetime on Cnews. He wasn't condemned for incitement to racial hatred multiple times for nothing. Just last week he was on TF1 - one of the 2 biggest national channels - and casually said "I invite Muslims to abandon the practice of Islam".

I get that it's going to make a lot of people here full of joy, but if you're in favor of a constitutional state how can you be ok with a presidential candidate asking millions of people he'll maybe rule soon to abondon their religion entirely ? That's crazy. Plus he says in other declarations that if muslims does not meet his demands there could be a civil War. Do you realize the scale of the threat especially from a presidential candidate ? That's really bad.

Mosque sand Muslims charity are being closed left and right, and even more muslim private schools. Last year the ministry of internal affairs even declared that if it was up to him he would ban all halal meat altogether. So again badmouthing İslam is pretty safe, there's even political decision to reduce Islam influence that you don't have in any western country.

There's a presidential candidate that wants to ban your freedom of naming your child and forbid hijab everywhere and he's 3rd in the polls so I don't think it's dangerous to criticize Islam here or he wouldn't have been able to get to this point.

And honestly I don't care about badmouthing, because everyone is free and can voice his opinion as much as he wants as long as he doesn't harm others. But now it's in the political spheres and is the motor of most french political decisions, and it's getting bad for more than 10% of the citizen. I for myself am leaving, because the climate is way too electric and crazy and I don't feel reassured to raise my kids here anymore, and I would have never imagined that I would think that one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Boxingfan998 what can you tell us about Valérie Pécresse?
i hear she's climbing the ranks real fast and has a shot of coming in second and qualifying for the second round

Le mec dit vouloir reproduire Poitiers 732 - ça m'étonnerait pas que ce soit (a) un anglo-saxon timbré ou un troll russe voulant pousser l'extrême droite ou (b) un "Zouave" (le groupe existant aujourd'hui, hein, pas les vrais Zouaves qui ont été pris en Afrique du Nord pour défendre la France).
giphy.gif

@Boxingfan998 what can you tell us about Valérie Pécresse?
i hear she's climbing the ranks real fast and has a shot of coming in second and qualifying for the second round

IMHO it is a nonsensical mistake by the LR party to have chosen her as candidate.
They had a clear way to win through Eric Ciotti, who is much more hardline right and close to Zemmour, which the LR base wants.
Instead they got a Parisian Champagne elite that is pretty much alike to Macron, a boardroom woman with absolutely no touch with the people.
I expect her to be defeated badly in first round of elections.
Of course you will have the bourgeois centrist right media like FT, the Economist, and others who will write about her glowingly.
Just as they have written glowingly of Fillon before he got ethered in the first round of last election.

If Eric Ciotti had been chosen to lead LR, he very possibly would outperform Zemmour.
Valérie Pécresse is not respected whatsoever throughout France. She has zero track record managing anything of worth.
She's a career politician, member of the elitist "Franco American foundation" which is run by liberal financiers. There is no more establishment candidate than Pécresse.

Whats the biggest difference between them ? Since from my perspective he seems just like Trump,Bolsonaro etc

The difference is difficult to explain since its really the difference between France and the USA, and very different political history.
Trump is a businessman and extravagant showman, and a born politician.
Zemmour is an intellectual, a writer, largely an introvert.

I would say that fundamentally, Zemmour is much more of a credible and real ideologue that has positioned himself as the classic right winger than Trump who had no ideological baggage to speak off, and came to the scene in a largely opportunistic way.

If Zemmour is elected, expect a technocratic intelligent Presidency based on right wing Nationalistic principles, à la Charles De Gaulle (souverainism, etc).

how can you be ok with a presidential candidate asking millions of people he'll maybe rule soon to abondon their religion entirely

If 1905 laws on religion (which were ruthlessly applied to French Catholicism) were actually applied in France, most Mosques would be closed and Islam would be restrained. Admitedly, Mr Darmanin started this process.

As to criticising Islam in France, I would refer everyone to the Mila affair (Mila is a 18 year old French girl that was threatened with hundred of thousands of threats of rape and beheadings by our lovely Moslem compatriots, when she dared say that the prophet could go F himself).

No its not safe to criticise Islam in France.

The difference is difficult to explain since its really the difference between France and the USA, and very different political history.
Trump is a businessman and extravagant showman, and a born politician.
Zemmour is an intellectual, a writer, largely an introvert.

I would say that fundamentally, Zemmour is much more of a credible and real ideologue that has positioned himself as the classic right winger than Trump who had no ideological baggage to speak off, and came to the scene in a largely opportunistic way.

If Zemmour is elected, expect a technocratic intelligent Presidency based on right wing Nationalistic principles, à la Charles De Gaulle (souverainism, etc).
Thank you for the explanation, I will look into Zemmour more to try better understand him etc.
I also noticed today this, seems to be usual fact checker stuff but would not mind your opinion on it if you will:
"Google, AFP join forces to combat fake news ahead of 2022 French election"
Source: https://www.rfi.fr/en/france/202112...mbat-fake-news-ahead-of-2022-french-elections

If I can give you a french perspective Islam is badmouthed daily by politics in France and it's pretty safe to do, even encouraged. It's like a sport, if you don't do it you're not even in the race. And the terrorist attacks you mentioned just accelerated this process even more. What do you think Zemmour does, especially when he had his daily primetime on Cnews. He wasn't condemned for incitement to racial hatred multiple times for nothing. Just last week he was on TF1 - one of the 2 biggest national channels - and casually said "I invite Muslims to abandon the practice of Islam".

I get that it's going to make a lot of people here full of joy, but if you're in favor of a constitutional state how can you be ok with a presidential candidate asking millions of people he'll maybe rule soon to abondon their religion entirely ? That's crazy. Plus he says in other declarations that if muslims does not meet his demands there could be a civil War. Do you realize the scale of the threat especially from a presidential candidate ? That's really bad.

Mosque sand Muslims charity are being closed left and right, and even more muslim private schools. Last year the ministry of internal affairs even declared that if it was up to him he would ban all halal meat altogether. So again badmouthing İslam is pretty safe, there's even political decision to reduce Islam influence that you don't have in any western country.

There's a presidential candidate that wants to ban your freedom of naming your child and forbid hijab everywhere and he's 3rd in the polls so I don't think it's dangerous to criticize Islam here or he wouldn't have been able to get to this point.

And honestly I don't care about badmouthing, because everyone is free and can voice his opinion as much as he wants as long as he doesn't harm others. But now it's in the political spheres and is the motor of most french political decisions, and it's getting bad for more than 10% of the citizen. I for myself am leaving, because the climate is way too electric and crazy and I don't feel reassured to raise my kids here anymore, and I would have never imagined that I would think that one day.
Damn sorry to hear the current climate of things have you considering moving, must be super bad or you can see the writing on the wall of things likely getting worse in future. If Macron wins would you consider staying ? I'm guessing if Zemmour wins its a done deal you will look to leave ?

Back