Calling it: Gus TKOs Bones.

Gus will lose in the 4th season via nursing home bomb KO.

I don't know man, Gus didn't even look all that good vs. Shogun...

Well.....consider that Shogun is one of the best LHW's of all time.....the fact that he beat Shogun should be recognition enough. He didnt get a lucky KO or a anything....he showed he can go all 3 rounds with one of the best LHW strikers and GOAts and beat him.

It's not a bad call TS, Jones has never been tagged and hasn't fought fresh meat, just the old legends who've all been through the wars. Gus is new and hungry... I don't see Gus winning at all but you never know, he might actually fight smart and control the fight for all we know. I hope he does. Jones needs a worthy adversary like Cain has with JDS.

This could be a real easy fight for Jones if he Does to Gus what he did to Chael. Walk across the center of the octagon, shoot, take down, elbow. Fight's over.

This could be a real easy fight for Jones if he Does to Gus what he did to Chael. Walk across the center of the octagon, shoot, take down, elbow. Fight's over.

He'd eat an uppercut while pivoting out the way.

Gus could be the new Weidman. Somebody get a camera on a. Silva in the crowd during the fight...

:D

Just because he's confident outside the ring doesn't mean he'll be confident inside the ring. Also, confidence doesn't = a great performance. I do think that he'll do better than most think but win I just don't see it happening.

It would be satisfying to see bones flatten out on the canvas, but let's be realistic here...

34petja.jpg

What I say every time someone calls for Bones' head on a spike

Please god...

I hope. I think he'll put Jones in trouble early but wont finish. Jones goes on to take a 2nd or 3rd round submission

I think Gustafsson is going to shock a lot of people

The majority of Jones opponents were either past their prime or simply undersized, Gustafsson brings new challenges to the table

I think Gustafsson is going to shock a lot of people

The majority of Jones opponents were either past their prime or simply undersized, Gustafsson brings new challenges to the table
False! These guys were in there prime, it's been discussed to death. Now you say they are undersized! You're a knucklehead! Untold millions of people have cried in their beer since Bones became champ that he is "too big", "he's a heavyweight fighting in the LHW division", "he only wins because his reach is freakishly oversized", and now you say his other opponents were undersized as if he's been fighting bantamweights or something. I say again, you're a knucklehead.

Not once have I seen a single person on this board say that Gustafsson doesn't belong fighting at Light Heavyweight, even though he is basically the same size as Jones.

Hypocrites! Suck it.

And for those that say that Gus has no chance to win - wake up! Of course he can, he has a very real chance to win this fight. Jones is in what might be a dangerous place with regard to his confidence level. He is thinking a great deal about being "the greatest in history" and "Gustafsson hasn't fought anyone even close to me" and the like. Jones really needs to pay attention here if he doesn't want to get clobbered. I think if he handles his business, he will win solidly, maybe devastatingly, but he needs to have his head on straight. And he just might not...

False! These guys were in there prime, it's been discussed to death. Now you say they are undersized! You're a knucklehead! Untold millions of people have cried in their beer since Bones became champ that he is "too big", "he's a heavyweight fighting in the LHW division", "he only wins because his reach is freakishly oversized", and now you say his other opponents were undersized as if he's been fighting bantamweights or something. I say again, you're a knucklehead.

Not once have I seen a single person on this board say that Gustafsson doesn't belong fighting at Light Heavyweight, even though he is basically the same size as Jones.

Hypocrites! Suck it.

And for those that say that Gus has no chance to win - wake up! Of course he can, he has a very real chance to win this fight. Jones is in what might be a dangerous place with regard to his confidence level. He is thinking a great deal about being "the greatest in history" and "Gustafsson hasn't fought anyone even close to me" and the like. Jones really needs to pay attention here if he doesn't want to get clobbered. I think if he handles his business, he will win solidly, maybe devastatingly, but he needs to have his head on straight. And he just might not...

Stopped reading midway through the first sentence.

I've just come in here to say WAR GUS!!!

Back