Calling all Jon Jones haters - which rounds did he lose against Alexander Gustafsson?

UFC-165-gustafsson-vs.-Jones-V1.jpg

gustafjones.jpg

ACA02CEE-E374-4057-B4F5-CC9A827D3B37.png

First watch: Didn't score it, but thought Alexander Gustafsson won 3 rounds.

Second or third watch: I scored it Jones 4-1.

An in-depth rewatch today: Jon Jones won round 4 and 5 without question, arguably won Round 2, although that was the swing round. I don't see how Chris Lee and Doug Crosby gave Jones Round 3.

Very close fight, if you PRIDE scored it then Jones won, he won the battle of attrition and Alexander Gustafsson showed us his kryptonite and that's his gas tank late in fights. He turns his back and runs when he is tired, he no long wants to be in there, and that is the exact same thing that lost him the fight against Daniel Cormier after doing very well early on.

Jon Jones has his spinning back elbow that landed late in Round 4 to thank for winning this fight. If that didn't land he would have lost Round 4 and would have 100% lost the fight.

I have a hard time giving Gustafsson the first 3 rounds, Round 1 was close, but I did score if for Gustafsson. Round 3 was also no landslide but I did give it to Alex.

What I will say is that Round 4 and Round 5 had Alex in a lot more danger than Jon was ever in. Jon was never once in trouble and ate everything with relative ease. I think his failed grappling attempts and the clear lack of preparation for the bout led to his fatigue. I think Jon would break Alex in a rematch.

3 round it not even hard to see.

You dont even believe that bullshit. So which was your favorite fighter that he demolished?
source.gif

shogun+taps.gif

12.gif

jones-sonnen-finish.gif

I'll give you time to wipe your filthy tears soyboy.
And he was on PED's for every one of those fights.

Soyboy? LOL. I have a picture of my ripped too sexy self in my avatar. You have an imaginary character in yours dork.

And he was on PED's for every one of those fights.

Soyboy? LOL. I have a picture of my ripped too sexy self in my avatar. You have an imaginary character in yours dork.
And you know he was on steroids for all of them how? Speculate more pussy.

Gus is a gatekeeper. He's overrated Euro hype. His best win is a past his prime Shogun ! LOL
He lost the Jones fight but come on that was the most competitive Jones fight. Glover fight was insane. Not to mention he rocked and almost finished DC. Hes not the best of the best but overrated is just bullshit.

Rounds 1, 2, 3 personally.

Oh well, life moves on. Weird thread made weirder by the fact that OP says he had 3 rounds to Gus (first watch), then 4 to Jones (2nd watch), then 3 to Jones considering the swing round (2) could go either way (3rd watch). So in the span of changing his opinion multiple times, the latest time being right on border... he makes a thread called "to jones haters... which rounds did Gus win" lol. Did TS just self-describe himself as a hater with a straight face?
First watch: Didn't score it, but thought Alexander Gustafsson won 3 rounds.

Second or third watch: I scored it Jones 4-1.

An in-depth rewatch today: Jon Jones won round 4 and 5 without question, arguably won Round 2, although that was the swing round. I don't see how Chris Lee and Doug Crosby gave Jones Round 3.

I only had Gus winning the 3rd. Jones would fucking obliterate him in a rematch knowing that he basically didn't even train for the first fight and still beat Gus.

I don't remember which rounds it was a long while ago now, but I do remember Alex kicking his ass pretty good, and well more than anyone else ever has by far. As for who won, who really cares at this point? Gus still has a career. LOL.

Honesty every round was super close. Even round 4 until Jones landed that elbow. Gus did not do enough to win the belt. Fight was too close..
This.....I had jj winning but Gus landed a lot of soft stuff so I thought maybe the judges see it Gus's way but yeah...that elbow was sweet

1,2,3 the 4th round could have gone to gus as well

I don't like Jones. Thought it was pretty clear cut 48-47 for him though

Gus clearly won round 1 and round 3.

Jones 2, 4, 5.

However if not for that Jones elbow in round 4 being the highlight of the round, Gus was winning that round too.

I just rewatched. Gustafsson won round 1 and 3, he would have won 4 if not for the Jones spinning elbow. Gus was landing much more often for 4 mins of the round. The spinning elbow is what won Jones the fight in the end. But make no mistake Gus kicked Jones ass worse than anybody ever has. He looked like Apollo Creed after fighting the Swedish Rocky.

Back