Calling all Jon Jones haters - which rounds did he lose against Alexander Gustafsson?

Gus did not do enough to win the belt. Fight was too close..

r410396_1024x576_16-9.jpg

1. Presumption of innocence, ever heard about it?

2. Lance Armstrong has millions too. But his career is in trash. Like Jones'
I'm not going to have this silly conversation with you.

You're only as clean as the level of testing. Watch Icarus on Netflix, ask yourself why NFL players are banned for like 4 weeks for being caught on roids. Ask yourself why two of the biggest sporting leagues in the world do not test their athletes with USADA level testing (NBA and NFL). Ask yourself why there has NEVER been a steroid scandal for a world class athlete in the NFL or the NBA? Why haven't any top 10 or top 20 talents in these sports ever been caught, guess they are all clean right? LeBron James who has never had even a half serious injury in 15+ years of physical battle could never be dirty right, that would be impossible.

All of Football (Soccer) is clean right, because they aren't muscle bound beasts. Lionel Messi who was documented to have been given HGH to assist him growing when he was a kid, that will never tarnish his legacy.

Stop making up the rules as you go along.

Last edited:
Honesty every round was super close. Even round 4 until Jones landed that elbow. Gus did not do enough to win the belt. Fight was too close..

Didn’t stop Forrest from stealing Rampages belt. Sometimes close fights just go the way of the challenger even if they didn’t do enough to earn it.

I'm not going to have this silly conversation with you.

You're only as clean as the level of testing. Watch Icarus on Netflix, ask yourself why NFL players are banned for like 4 weeks for being caught on roids. Ask yourself why two of the biggest sporting leagues in the world do not test their athletes with USADA level testing (NBA and NFL). Ask yourself why there has NEVER been a steroid scandal for a world class athlete in the NFL or the NBA? Why haven't any top 10 or top 20 talents in these sports ever been caught, guess they are all clean right? LeBron James who has never had even a half serious injury in 15+ years of physical battle could never be dirty right, that would be impossible.

All of Football (Soccer) is clean right, because they aren't muscle bound beats. Lionel Messi who was documented to have been given HGH to assist him growing when he was a kid, that will never tarnish his legacy.

Stop making up the rules as you go along.

Ah, so you're a tinfoil hat guy.

What other conspiracy theories do you believe in, besides "everybody's using"?
Flat Earth?
9/11 an inside job?

Probably still a millionaire, still has never lost, and every single MMA bout without USADA sanctioning is therefore under questioning. I never want you to ever celebrate a pre-USADA athlete or anyone from any other MMA organisation.

Never know, they might be on steroids, right?

He has lost and with a drug habit if he is still a millionaire now he won’t be

Gus won a round (3) and maybe the first.

Scored it 49-47 Jones live.

Gus is a gatekeeper. He's overrated Euro hype. His best win is a past his prime Shogun ! LOL

First watch: Didn't score it, but thought Alexander Gustafsson won 3 rounds.

Second or third watch: I scored it Jones 4-1.

An in-depth rewatch today: Jon Jones won round 4 and 5 without question, arguably won Round 2, although that was the swing round. I don't see how Chris Lee and Doug Crosby gave Jones Round 3.

Very close fight, if you PRIDE scored it then Jones won, he won the battle of attrition and Alexander Gustafsson showed us his kryptonite and that's his gas tank late in fights. He turns his back and runs when he is tired, he no long wants to be in there, and that is the exact same thing that lost him the fight against Daniel Cormier after doing very well early on.

Jon Jones has his spinning back elbow that landed late in Round 4 to thank for winning this fight. If that didn't land he would have lost Round 4 and would have 100% lost the fight.

I have a hard time giving Gustafsson the first 3 rounds, Round 1 was close, but I did score if for Gustafsson. Round 3 was also no landslide but I did give it to Alex.

What I will say is that Round 4 and Round 5 had Alex in a lot more danger than Jon was ever in. Jon was never once in trouble and ate everything with relative ease. I think his failed grappling attempts and the clear lack of preparation for the bout led to his fatigue. I think Jon would break Alex in a rematch.
What does disliking Jon Jones have to do with the Gustafsson fight anyway? People dislike him because of his personality and antics outside the Octagon.

What does disliking Jon Jones have to do with the Gustafsson fight anyway? People dislike him because of his personality and antics outside the Octagon.

They hate him because he eye pokes when in trouble and takes roids.

Didn’t stop Forrest from stealing Rampages belt. Sometimes close fights just go the way of the challenger even if they didn’t do enough to earn it.

I did not like that decision. But I think it should favor the champ slightly. Especially a long term one.

Gus 1,2,3 maybe 4 depending on how you score

When I watched the fight live I was drunk with my buddy and our Jones hate was goin strong. We thought Gus won. Every subsequent time I've watched that fight it was clear to me that Jones won.

Last edited:
Bros, it was 5 years ago, move on....

He has lost and with a drug habit if he is still a millionaire now he won’t be
Hasn't lost and not everyone who parties and takes drugs is some addict who is on the phone to their dealer at 4am asking for 3 more grams to make it through the next 24 hours.

Get with the real world.

Back