Modern Warfare/Warzone (Call of Duty, 2019)

Rate your interest in a Season 7 for the MW reboot

• Total voters
Any experts on the trophy system? I'm really confused about why this RPG killed me. My trophy on the vehicle, don't think the guy had enough time to hack it with that perk. Was I so close to the guy that the trophy didn't even have enough room to detonate it and save me?

Here's my thought ATM. The success with roof- or hood-borne trophy systems has been in death from above assaults, particularly when driving in downtown or near buildings against a nested squad or lone operator. Despite the system's field scanning for 360 degrees, what I saw here was a rocket low enough to bypass that field; it would be interesting to see the difference had you deployed it on the SUV's hood (being lower and at shooter's level). The proximity with your reversing was also nasty; he couldn't get any deeper up in that ass so your death was something I could liken to the kookiness of that situation.

Wanted to share with Dawg Forces. Probably the best video I've seen for WZ tips and best practices. It's 24m but worth it; I wouldn't waste your guys' time. Enjoy the Damascus skin if nothing else, aaayyy. :p

Here's my thought ATM. The success with roof- or hood-borne trophy systems has been in death from above assaults, particularly when driving in downtown or near buildings against a nested squad or lone operator. Despite the system's field scanning for 360 degrees, what I saw here was a rocket low enough to bypass that field; it would be interesting to see the difference had you deployed it on the SUV's hood (being lower and at shooter's level). The proximity with your reversing was also nasty; he couldn't get any deeper up in that ass so your death was something I could liken to the kookiness of that situation.

Good points and maybe this is the case because I just had another incident with it where someone threw c4...it landed on the ground and maybe out of range of the trophy system. Detonated and still blew me up.

Just to go along with my pity party, I sniped a dude today cracked his armor and hit him again with a damn AX50 and he still was standing. I feel like there's way too many moments of "if that was me I would have died" The trophy systems for my opponents seem to deflect EVERYTHING, if I'm cracked the next pistol shot kills me. Gahhhhhh

Cluster strike is ass imo. What kill streaks do you guys use?

UAV, Cruise Missile, VTOL or Chopper Gunner

I play Hardcore, so I tend to shy away from fire and forget weapons like the clusterstrike and precision airstrike because chance are I'll smoke a teammate and die.

UAV for awareness
VTOL/Chopper Gunner for kills

Usually just save the Cruise Missile because it make for a good VTOL/annoying killstreak destroyer/fuck you camper option

When grinding the shield I used personal radar, UAV, AUAV(never got that that many kills with just shield) because awareness helped 100% when trying to melee fools w/o dying

Oh and Thrawns Daily Log:

Golded Origin got Plat on Shotties then...
Golded VLK because, so what if it's a DLC gun, I want gold and legit Plat on all Shotguns
Finished Reptile (no attachment kills) on UMP and grinding for Gold w/multiple camos to complete.

Decided since I got Shipment 24/7 to unlock a couple ammo shotgun challenges: so I unlocked the Dragon's Breath camo for both the Pump Shotgun and VLK that required 3 Longshot kills with a scout optic in 3 seperate matches. When I got a few longshots I'd switch loadouts back to the UMP.

Also figured I'd work my RPG camo because Shipment 24/7 hardcore and tried to get those attacker/defender camo challenges.

Last edited:
How does this battle pass work? If I buy it do I get everything thats included in it? Or do I have to unlock everything still?

How does this battle pass work? If I buy it do I get everything thats included in it? Or do I have to unlock everything still?
You'd have to buy all those levels too and with only 4 days left or something, you're not going to get it leveled that high. They do give the option to buy levels of the battle pass but you're looking at spending $100 or more to go from 1-100.

Just wait til the season 4 pass drops which should be on Tuesday I think

You'd have to buy all those levels too and with only 4 days left or something, you're not going to get it leveled that high. They do give the option to buy levels of the battle pass but you're looking at spending $100 or more to go from 1-100.

Thanks, I would have been pissed lol

This. Wait till Season 4 drops then buy it, the COD points you'll earn over the course of the season will earn you enough to buy it for the next season without having to drop real money for it the following season.

Thanks, I would have been pissed lol
Np, sounds like you got what I was saying but I was all over the place rereading my message lol. You spend $10 and get the pass at level 1, then you level up the pass by playing OR you can spend more money and unlock levels.

I got in on Season 2 when I saw they give you quite a bit of in game currency, I don't remember the specifics but if I bought that one and got it maxed out I was going to get the next battle pass for free essentially. I'm sitting at 1700 CP and have only bought the season 2 battle pass. I think it's pretty worth it if this is your go to game

Deadshot, you've been rising in BP-tier as you've been levelling this entire season; depending on how far you are, purchasing the pass could unlock (read: grant access to) everything up to the tier you are sitting at. So, essentially, yes, you could get everything. This season had so many goodies; I would say pick S3 BP up and head into S4 with party bags filled. IW sells 20-tier bundles if you are around t-80 now, FWIW. S4 is going to be hot so lock and load.

@deadshot138

Deadshot, you've been rising in BP-tier as you've been levelling this entire season; depending on how far you are, purchasing the pass could unlock (read: grant access to) everything up to the tier you are sitting at. So, essentially, yes, you could get everything. This season had so many goodies; I would say pick S3 BP up and head into S4 with party bags filled. IW sells 20-tier bundles if you are around t-80 now, FWIW. S4 is going to be hot so lock and load.

@deadshot138
I just unlocked the beef eater blueprint. I don't think I'm very far.

I just unlocked the beef eater blueprint. I don't think I'm very far.
You're t-55 then, give or take, or halfway rather. Your call. The 20-tier bundles go on sale end-of-season (you'd need pick up two and then a CP pack to buy a few individual tiers). In sizing everything up, tick to the BP tab from the main menu and surf through the 100 tiers. If there are a number of items you're feeling, it might be worth it. If not, I'd go with what Dunsta and Thrawn recommended of waiting for S4 and hitting the BP proper from season outset.

If you buy the BP right now, you will permanently get all items < t-55 that weren't free (as you'd already gotten those). No CP packs or bundled tiers in this case so much cheaper alternative.

Good points and maybe this is the case because I just had another incident with it where someone threw c4...it landed on the ground and maybe out of range of the trophy system. Detonated and still blew me up
Interesting. I've never seen a trophy system and C4 interact in-game before. Was it already mantled or dropped (such as in the middle of the road upon approach) and awaiting detonation or thrown rather in the instance and activated? I ask because the undetonated plastic explosive itself might not be checked by the system field. IRL, a C4 plastic block can withstand gunshots as well as fire; it's all about if anything disrupts the embedded detonator which isn't as likely as it sounds, I'd read.

Just to go along with my pity party, I sniped a dude today cracked his armor and hit him again with a damn AX50 and he still was standing. I feel like there's way too many moments of "if that was me I would have died" The trophy systems for my opponents seem to deflect EVERYTHING, if I'm cracked the next pistol shot kills me. Gahhhhhh
Feel you. Some guy waxes you and you reckon you're going to switch over to that weapon or lethal. You run it and it's the worst, lol. Bang, boom. You're dead again. WTF. Pistols work like this for me. Yon grass always so much greener, no?

Are claymores and proximities shit? Claymores nearly never go off for me. Of course its in shipment and could be detonated by someone else's shit. Also if you die before your mine goes off can you lay a second or is the first one overridden?

Are claymores and proximities shit? Claymores nearly never go off for me. Of course its in shipment and could be detonated by someone else's shit. Also if you die before your mine goes off can you lay a second or is the first one overridden?
Not shit. You can drop two per life via restock and the third placed will replace the first et cetera; KIA resets or wipes deployed lethals though so lethals are per lifestreak. Ground munitions work well, IMO, but you won't score a kill in Core if tripped by an operator running EOD, which will have him enfeebled but surviving the blast -- so it may only seem like they're not working; EMP drones will also dematerialise them, usually unbeknownst to setter. All I can think of right now as to what's up if having issue. For the hornets' nest that is Shipment, I'd opt for claymore for one-way container cover.

Back