Elections California To End Quarantine On June 15

Trying to give folks a little 'hope' without pissing off those Teacher Unions, eh Newsom? Well played, you piece of poop

In my state our sorry governor Kate Brown is putting two of our largest counties back on "High Risk" after only two weeks. Cases aren't even that high and we've vaccinated almost half of the entire state already. Yet we are still wearing masks and bars still can't stay open after 11pm.

Folks have been saying, "well, obviously these masks and lockdowns are working because Oregon has had some of the lowest COVID cases in the country for over a year." That's just like a parent saying, "my kids are never outside getting into any trouble" but mostly because they keep those kids in the house all day and never let them go out anywhere.

Here's the thing; I'm not even really complaining because I'm glad I've at least been able to go back to the gym (which never should have been close anyway but that's a subject for another day) and even went to the movie theater a few weeks ago. I just don't understand any of this anymore.

From googling covid cases california:

04/05/2021: 3,109 cases, 62 deaths
09/06/2020: 3,160 cases 22 deaths

only 7.25M are fully vaccinated of a population of 39.51; 18% of the population. As of today, only essential personnel and people over 50 are eligible for the vaccine. cali also has 4291 hospitalized currently compared to 4285, 09/07/2020. https://covidtracking.com/data/charts/all-metrics-per-state

other than 18% of the population being fully vaccinated, they are pretty much the same as last September. isnt it risky to open up the state when they havent achieved herd immunity? the fully vaccinated (most are elderly and essential workers) are safe, but now the rest sure arent? why are california politicians flip flopping? shouldnt they have the same restrictions from back in September? i thought they believed the science? why are they putting california in danger?

REKT.

not true.
national parks were open. I traveled to more than twenty states and more than 12 national parks. in and out of Mexico weekly, when I wasn't staying for more than a week, went to restaurants constantly throughout the year. wasn't working but I get paid, also finished a degree during the pandemic. went fishing, hiking, camping, swimming, shooting, boating.....bars and gym were open and closed often enough that I went several times although drinking isn't my thing and I have always worked out at home.

life didn't change for me hardly at all aside from wearing a mask through the front door of a restaurant and inside target, home depot and walmart.
No one gives a fuck about your hillbilly life

Yeah, way too fucking late for that. California is a failed state that went from being one of the world's largest economies to a shithole of Leftwing policies come to fruition.

Please stop moving to Texas and Boise Idaho. You guys are going to ruin those states with your retarded voting
It's happening a bunch here in DFW.

They petition/vote for literally everything they tried to move away from (higher taxes, stricter business regulations, speech/gun restrictions, poor city services). What's great is when you call them out on it they play dumb and act confused.......(fucking idiots, it's no wonder literally no other state likes you)

Travel all you want, just don’t ruin the new place you moved to by trying to change the policy and culture that made it somewhere you wanted to live.
Guy on my street currently

He moved to DFW for a more relaxed, open, and stress free environment. He currently spends all of his free time aggressively petitioning door to door, having meetings, and threatning people online all in regards to trying to change the name of the local elementary school because "uhhh the 18th century guy owned slaves" (it's like no shit, everyone did back then).

Alot of Californians transplants are all talk no action. They'll run there mouths about why they want to leave the state but then will come to other states and literally do the EXACT same thing they're supposedly "trying to avoid"

Last edited:
No, but nobody can give me a clear reason why requiring clothes to avoid hurting people's feelings is more acceptable than requiring clothes to protect people's health.

Only that we've simple accepted over thousands of years the idea of covering our torso and midsection with clothing. We have even come to view those that don't properly do so as a "less advanced" people. Wherever that came from and evolved into was done so long before any of us were alive, and it has simply been accepted part of society our whole lives. Some people want the same thing with masks, and I reject that.

Covering our faces is different, and I reject my kids growing up in a world where everyone is forced to wear one. Half of our communication comes from facial expression and facial recognition, as does much of our respiratory and auditory function. It is detrimental to communication as well as social cohesion. I was having a conversation with a mask-wearing mom at the playground yesterday. It was pleasant enough (and I don't judge her for wanting to wear one, even though it is absurd outside), but I would have no idea who she is if we were to ever meet again. She's just another empty, mask-covered face with no definable or recognizable features.

Anyway, I also reject that masks have helped anything at all in this pandemic, it mildly annoys me how many people seem willing to make them a permanent part of their lives, and it greatly bothers me how many people seem comfortable forcing it on other people/kids against their will, seemingly indefinitely.

Only that we've simple accepted over thousands of years the idea of covering our torso and midsection with clothing. We have even come to view those that don't properly do so as a "less advanced" people. Wherever that came from and evolved into was done so long before any of us were alive, and it has simply been accepted part of society our whole lives. Some people want the same thing with masks, and I reject that.

Covering our faces is different, and I reject my kids growing up in a world where everyone is forced to wear one. Half of our communication comes from facial expression and facial recognition, as does much of our respiratory and auditory function. It is detrimental to communication as well as social cohesion. I was having a conversation with a mask-wearing mom at the playground yesterday. It was pleasant enough (and I don't judge her for wanting to wear one, even though it is absurd outside), but I would have no idea who she is if we were to ever meet again. She's just another empty, mask-covered face with no definable or recognizable features.

Anyway, I also reject that masks have helped anything at all in this pandemic, it mildly annoys me how many people seem willing to make them a permanent part of their lives, and it greatly bothers me how many people seem comfortable forcing it on other people/kids against their will, seemingly indefinitely.

I get where you are coming from. I’m not sure I agree with your social cohesion argument. I lived in Japan for several years where masks wearing is pretty common, and even prevalent, at different times of year. It seems to have had no obvious effects on social cohesion there. In fact, wearing a mask while sick with a cold or the flu is considered respectful of others and increases social trust and respect. To this day I lose my shit when my employees come to work sick and put others at risk.

I get where you are coming from. I’m not sure I agree with your social cohesion argument. I lived in Japan for several years where masks wearing is pretty common, and even prevalent, at different times of year. It seems to have had no obvious effects on social cohesion there. In fact, wearing a mask while sick with a cold or the flu is considered respectful of others and increases social trust and respect. To this day I lose my shit when my employees come to work sick and put others at risk.

Voluntarily wearing a mask for a short time when you are sick (as a courtesy) is a far cry from all healthy people being forced to wear them in public indefinitely, "just in case". It is 100% de-humanizing to be forced into covering up our most recognizable features and certainly affects social cohesion. You won't see a stand up comedian wear a mask (despite masks being no big deal). If they did, it would be nearly impossible for them to be funny, regardless of how good the act is. You won't see a movie where the main characters wear N-95s the whole time (despite masks being no big deal). Pro sports go to great lengths to ensure their players remain recognizable and marketable.

Anyway, the point is that we are way past the idea of wearing a mask for a couple days when we are sick.

What does the science say? Heard the numbers are in a similar place a year ago. Did the science change, or is it simply politically motivated?

Without capacity limit seems like a big mistake, so basically they will let people stuff movie theaters and shopping centers.

Wtf he talking about?

Ive been going to the beach and seeing family since last Jan......?

Because you are cheering on sherdog about you getting to act free in more than two months time, you are really excited about it

Yep.

I was out a lunch with a coworker last week, and we grabbed a paper on the way in. Front page said our governor had ended the mask mandate. We both looked at each other and asked "there was a mask mandate". No one outside of insane blue haired trannies have worn those things for months.

You should have never surrendered it.
So should I have went to the county fairgrounds with a gun and forced them to run the shit last year like I was Clark Griswold?

Its interesting how so many people dont seem to understand that I personally dont run the show in California and I cant force businesses to remain open

Back